Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

ehm... are you sure that you're using a Mini M8S II? The little hole is on the bottom of the box. If not you have got another device
    I guess i am not the casual noob. I must be a super noob.The hole is there but i managed not to see it.

If any experienced users could give me any advice here i would be much obliged.

Regards.

Comment

Does anyone know of a file transfer app for this box that will allow:

1: writing to removable storage or even adoptive storage from a remote pc?
      2: Works on ethernet connection.
      3: Can be set to autostart at boot.

With its very limited internal memory, and inability to write to any extra memory I can add im starting to regret buying this box. Please help!

** UPDATE! ***
      Ignore the above**

The secret is using adoptive storage mode AND making sure you do the full MOVE which apparently tells android to set pointers so that stuff is stored in SD. I was messing around for hours thinking i could leave it and move apps one by one. It doesnt work!

I used Primitive FTPd for file transfer and tTorrent and now they work as I would like
      Just do the adoptive sd thing first before installing.
      Last edited by Joffa; 11-19-2016, 08:05.

Comment

Avoid stock and put frankinstine rom on it. Youll get storage access and sd card as internal if you want more space
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

A link to frankinstine rom please.

Comment

Random idea that has a use for me:

Is there an Android app, or similar, that can be used on M8S-II that lets me make a configurable transparent bridge between ethernet and wifi?
            The application is for me to replace a Ubiquiti Bullet in bridge mode, given that the box is a very cheap compute platform with appropriate hardware, like say a Raspberry Pi....

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
              A link to frankinstine rom please.
              Here ya go. I am using this (dated 8/26/16) on my M8S and could not be happier:

It supports this version of TWRP to boot.

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

The thing that puts me off custom Rom's is that there are always thing which are not working and basic things which should work.

What doesn't work

Power button settings in android settings doesn't appear to work (Tells box to sleep or power off when power button is pressed)
                Power button on supplied remote for devices other then Tanix do not wake device upq

Also the custom rom was developed for a 2g/16g device, the mini mx8sii is a 2g/8g device, I don't know how this custom rom fits.

Also in the original ROM the physical keyboard is not working properly and it seems that firmware updates have been abandoned.

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post

You'll need xposed installed and Marshmellow SD Fix write v2.0

Editing the platform will not work.
                  I was going to offer this solution as well; it's been working like a dream on my box since I first read about and implemented it weeks ago.

P34c3

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

Also in the original ROM the physical keyboard is not working properly and it seems that firmware updates have been abandoned.
                    ¡Abandoned uptdate! I did not know it. Are you sure?

If this is so. We should open a thread with the custom firmware

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

...original ROM the physical keyboard is not working...
                    Is there any solution to this? I think in this same thread had it. Does anyone know how to fix?

Comment

I managed to fix the refresh rate on this box but only if i set the box on 1080p50hz. On 1080p60hz i get green screen and i have to turn off and on the tv to work. Dunno why...
                      On amlogic decoder it works ok but on media codec the image is choppy.
                      If anyone have any ideas how to fix the 1080p60hz shoot!
                      I'm using a Samsung F5500.

Comment

Hello! Just exchanged a Mini MX box for this model because the lack of RAM(1 vs 2GB) was showing.
                        For those complaining about slow WIFI, the fix that worked with my previous TVbox also works with this one: flip the box upside down and speed should be a solid 30Mb/s
                        Loving it so far. Begun to love it even more when I found out that original remote works with quite a lot of games. Beach buggy was a lot of fun for me and my children.
                        The only bug I have found so far is that Kodi freezes on exit, so I only minimize it...also 8GB(4.7 available) is quite low, especially when combined with the read only SDcard/USB stick whatever...
                        Still, it's a lot of fun! My wife called in sick for work one day because she had just discovered that she can watch almost any movie/series with this new toy and couldn't stop
                        YokaTV KB2 Superceleron ROM

Comment

Disable amlogic decoder and no more crushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei80 View Post
                            Hello! Just exchanged a Mini MX box for this model because the lack of RAM(1 vs 2GB) was showing.
                            For those complaining about slow WIFI, the fix that worked with my previous TVbox also works with this one: flip the box upside down and speed should be a solid 30Mb/s
                            Loving it so far. Begun to love it even more when I found out that original remote works with quite a lot of games. Beach buggy was a lot of fun for me and my children.
                            The only bug I have found so far is that Kodi freezes on exit, so I only minimize it...also 8GB(4.7 available) is quite low, especially when combined with the read only SDcard/USB stick whatever...
                            Still, it's a lot of fun! My wife called in sick for work one day because she had just discovered that she can watch almost any movie/series with this new toy and couldn't stop
                            Use FTMC close bug is firmware Amilogic
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by duwdu View Post

I was going to offer this solution as well; it's been working like a dream on my box since I first read about and implemented it weeks ago.

P34c3
                              Does this SD fix allow apps to "see" the sd as part of filesystem? Before I set my sd as adopted storage my ftp and torrent apps couldnt browse to allow choosing the sd. After setting adoptive storage, I could not longer browse to internal storage.

I need all apps to be able to access ALL storage both internal and external. Does SDFix give this?
                              Can you write to external storage remotely?
                              Last edited by Joffa; 11-26-2016, 07:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Joffa View Post

Does this SD fix allow apps to "see" the sd as part of filesystem? Before I set my sd as adopted storage my ftp and torrent apps couldnt browse to allow choosing the sd. After setting adoptive storage, I could not longer browse to internal storage.

I need all apps to be able to access ALL storage both internal and external. Does SDFix give this?
                                Can you write to external storage remotely?
                                I haven't tried to write to it remotely, but my SD cards are seen and written to perfectly — including by Kodi/SPMC — all the time, even when accessed via a hub.

The key thing is to make sure SDFix is properly configured to enable your chosen app(s) to write to an external storage.

My experience with the Adoptable Storage method has been unpleasant and beyond my control most times, so I just mount my SD Cards as external storage only.

P34c3

Comment

Working...
                                X