Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terminou View Post
    I used HDMI to VGA cable and purple screen issue was fixed. However TV always refresh itself like suddenly screen turns black then it backs. Is it normal with VGA?
    Vga is only a temporally fix, if you reduce the screen size , the refresh will stop I think. It's related to amlogic, there is fix available for Apple tv, It only fixable by Android tv firmware hope . . . amlogic will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
      Many thanks for this, vldim.

P34c3

Comment

The next firmware will fix the problem with the key ENTER at USB keyboard.
        This will be great!...that hitch's been some pain in the a$$. LOL.

Thanks for helping us be up-to-date on the firmware and developments on this box, vldim, your efforts are much appreciated.

P34c3

Comment

Everything works fine in app tTorrent. (Sorry for my bad english)
          Put the program tTorrent
          Go to "Settings", then select "Program Folders"
          Specifies the path and write permissions.

No. I'm just a guy ...
          I know the email manufacturer in China.
          I write them letters. I inform them of bugs and problems. They send me the firmware.
          The next firmware will fix the problem with the key ENTER at USB keyboard.
          I see.

Can you inform the manufacturer about the brightness issue? This box, since 0923, started supporting amcodec in kodi, which causes an increase in brightness to the box inside and outside of Kodi. You have to reset the box to set the brightness back to default. The only way to avoid this is by disabling amcodec in the Video -> Acceleration section of Kodi.

Youtube sometimes causes this increase in brightness, too, but not all the time.

The increase in brightness is caused by the fact that the RGB output of the box changes from a range of 0-255 where 0 is black and 255 is white (aka Full Range), to 16-235 where 16 is black and 235 is white (aka Limited Range).

Comment

Is official latest ROM rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
              Is official latest ROM rooted?
              Yes.

P34c3

Comment

Originally posted by kwatto View Post
                OTA update worked for me from september firmware.
                Confirmed! :-)

Comment

UPDATED: I got black screen after updating the recent OTA. I thought it was frozen. But I switched to other HDMI input and then switched back. The box was normal again with the updated FW. I tried to reboot and got the black screen again. I had to switch the HDMI input to get rid of the black screen. I am not sure if this is the bug for the new FW.

Other question:

Is there a way to enter recovery mode and flash a rom?

What does the hidden button on the bottom do? Any combination to recovery mode? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by xman099; 10-22-2016, 05:44.

Comment

Originally posted by xman099
                    Hi everyone, I am not sure where I should ask my question. Please let me know if I was in the wrong place.

Is there a way to enter recovery mode and flash a rom?

Recently my box was failed to update with the new OTA package. I pressed the "update now" button as usual and the screen was just frozen. I waited for about half an hour and the screen turned to black. I tried to unplugged and replugged but nothing happend. The screen was still black. I also tried to press the hidden button at the bottom for a few second. Nothing happened.

What does the hidden button do? Any combination to recovery mode? Thanks a lot.
                    i have this problem too.... New OTA update was fail..

Sent from my vivo V3Max using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ex2rock View Post

i have this problem too.... New OTA update was fail..

I just got my issue solved. The black screen after updating or reboot actually was not frozen. I switched to other HDMI input and then switched back. The box was normal with the updated FW. I tried to reboot and got the black screen again. I am not sure if this is the bug for the new FW.

Comment

Originally posted by xman099

I just got my issue solved. The black screen after updating or reboot actually was not frozen. I switched to other HDMI input and then switched back. The box was normal with the updated FW. I tried to reboot and got the black screen again. I am not sure if this is the bug for the new FW.
                        hi, I solved my issue did by post #466
                        Now my box updated to ver.106...thxx anyone!

Comment

I'm considering a purchase of this tv box.
                          Would you recommend to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by niros View Post
                            I'm considering a purchase of this tv box.
                            Would you recommend to buy it?
                            Yes.
                            1. very cheap;
                            2. decent hardware (it would have been better with 16gb);
                            3. until now about 1 OTA for month;
                            4. rooted by manufacturer;
                            5. the GUI is not the best but you can replace it by play store.

Comment

array81 thanks.
                              Is there a list of known open issues?

Comment

Originally posted by niros View Post
                                array81 thanks.
                                Is there a list of known open issues?
                                Everything work fine with last firmware from 13.10.2016. except a few small issues with wifi keyboards. I hope that new OTA will be available very soon and mentioned problem fixed. All the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X