No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an early review stating this box wont write to usb stick or HDD. Has this issue been addressed in firmware updates? I want to be able to download torrents directly on this box.

Comment

@vldim, may I ask how you're getting these update files? Do you work for the manufacturer of this box?

Comment

Post deleted
        Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2016, 10:37.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161018-091503.png
Views:	52
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	604273

After 5 days of release i received today the OTA update!!!!! Starting downloading!!!!!
          ​​​​​​
          I have dowwmloaded 6 times now and i can not update. i have tried every combination but nothing... now i am gonna try the link that a user gave to us and see if it is going to work....
          Last edited by soulfunkdjx; 10-18-2016, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Joffa View Post
            I read an early review stating this box wont write to usb stick or HDD. Has this issue been addressed in firmware updates? I want to be able to download torrents directly on this box.
            Everything works fine in app tTorrent. (Sorry for my bad english)
            Put the program tTorrent
            Go to "Settings", then select "Program Folders"
            Specifies the path and write permissions.

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            @vldim, may I ask how you're getting these update files? Do you work for the manufacturer of this box?
            No. I'm just a guy ...
            I know the email manufacturer in China.
            I write them letters. I inform them of bugs and problems. They send me the firmware.
            The next firmware will fix the problem with the key ENTER at USB keyboard.
            Last edited by vldim; 10-18-2016, 11:51.

Comment

Del
              Last edited by vldim; 10-18-2016, 11:51.

Comment

Thank you vldim i just update my tv box!!!! I hope from now on our TV Box it will support OTA updates normally without problems...

Comment

After upgrade by SD to last firmware (13/10/2016) I get a message error on device boot about application "Update&Backup"

Comment

Originally posted by array81
                    After upgrade by SD to last firmware (13/10/2016) I get a message error on device boot about application "Update&Backup"
                    I got the same error. I got a few times problems updating the firmware.
                    Once I pressed the update button, the update app seems that its not responding, I click on "wait" 3-4 times. It did install correctly after all.

Comment

OTA update worked for me from september firmware.

Comment

Has anyone got an IMG version of the latest firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
                          Has anyone got an IMG version of the latest firmware?
                          See post #451

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post

See post #451
                            When I open that IMG in AML Customisation Tool - make the relevant changes to bootanimation and preinstall directory, re-pack and install - I get the attached message when box boots.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                              That's because amcodec causes the box to switch to RGB Limited Range universally (meaning outside of Kodi as well). Amcodec support was added in the most recent software update for the M8S Mini II (20160923). Previous versions didn't have an amcodec option available in Kodi.

This is a bug... the RGB range changes when using amcodec... that's not a good thing. Next time you boot your box up, it will switch back until you play a video in Kodi with amcodec checked.
                              I have contacted gearbest about this and they have forwarded it to the manufacturer.

So right now your options are to either use amcodec and leave your TV alone (just remember that when you reboot your box, it will reset to RGB Full again until you play a video in Kodi). Or you can disable amcodec in Kodi and set your TV to match the box by setting it to HDMI RGB Range Nonstandard.
                              Just flashed the 13-10-2016 firmware. The brightness bug I described is still present. Very annoying..

(Looked in my TV for HDMI RGB Range option, does not exist).

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post

When I open that IMG in AML Customisation Tool - make the relevant changes to bootanimation and preinstall directory, re-pack and install - I get the attached message when box boots.
                                Try use img of august then upgrade by OTA to last firmware

Comment

Working...
                                X