Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a wild shot in the dark but is there anyway to update the Qbox with a Mac? I understand I can use a virtual machine but is there any tool similar to the USB loader for the MacOS? Got one of these boxes and can't update my Kodi through Google Play and see updating firmware may help. Terribly frustrating!

Comment

Hi Phrosty ,

i dont think so , only Linux and Windows .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi, how can I take my Qbox apart, maybe I can post some photos here. I may install this rom, just want to make sure it's the right box!

Comment

Hi ,

under the Box under the Rubberband in the Corners are 4 screws ..

good luck

gefattern

Comment

sorry but if i start with bottun tvout press....my qbox start recovery... don't start the upgrade with this rom

sorry for my english and thankyou

Comment

Hi maxxxy ,

maybe this helps without pressing the "recovery" button inside the AV jack , first post :

and this is with holding the button :

good luck

gefattern

Comment

I took the box apart, easy when you know how, qbox-905-2+16-1117 and qbox(905)-4335 2+16

It's the BCM4335 wifi module.

Anyone know where I can get stock firmware for this model?

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                  Hi ,

under the Box under the Rubberband in the Corners are 4 screws ..

good luck

gefattern
                  Hi there, thanks.

I checked and I don't have the "common" wifi module in my box, so all the firmware that I install (0610, 0614, 0812 and 1012, and Superceleron FW) do not support the BCM4335 module, and unfortunately Superceleron has moved on and has stopped updating his rom. I installed the Superceleron firmware for the sleep/on/off function which worked, but I lost my wifi. I just want to get back to where I was at in the first place now because I need wifi. I'm on 0812 now, works ok, no wifi though.

So if anyone knows where I can get the Q-Box 2GB + 16Gb Android 5.1 with support for BCM4335 let me know. Many thanks.

Comment

Hi ChockyMonkey ,

look here and ask , maybe one of the uploaded Roms will work :

Where did you buy it and what was the latest Stock 5.1/6.0 ???

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
                      Trebor, would you recognise the wifi chip on this new one at all? I'm wodnering if it would be possible to take the WIFI drivers for this chip - if it's common enough, out of some firmware and put it into celeron via the amlogic customisation tool?
                      Did you find a firmware with working wifi eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                        Hi ChockyMonkey ,

look here and ask , maybe one of the uploaded Roms will work :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...firmware/page2

Where did you buy it and what was the latest Stock 5.1/6.0 ???

good luck

gefattern
                        I'll take a look, it was 5.1 and I foolishly didn't make a backup before flashing the superceleron version. I bought it from amazon.ca from a company called Tyco GPS and it was branded Susay. Key identification labels on the motherboard are QBOX-905-2+16-1117 and QBOX(905)-4335 2+16 and the wifi chip is BCM4335

It's working well with the 0610 or 0614 firmware, google play store, services, kodi 17.1 but no wifi just ethernet.
                        Last edited by ChockyMonkey; 05-07-2017, 06:29.

Comment

This is maybe a long shot but i gave this box(with this ROM) to my brother, but for some reason on his TV (sony bravia kdl-32ex301) screen turns pink/green.i have checked on other threads on freaktab,and I've find out it's due to the RGB.people have reported that in settings that if force RGB is used,that fixed the problem but on this ROM there is no setting,has anyone have a zip file so I can install the fix setting or is there something I've missed in the settings? hope someone can help thanks.here is screenshot of the force RGB setting I need .
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks I got to put the firmware
                            But no wifi function
                            Does not turn on
                            I tried 2 times to flasshare the firmware but nothing. Always the same defect
                            Does not turn on wifi

Comment

Hi sam tyler ,

this Rom does not support it , i know it only from some Rockchip Roms , dont know if this exist for the Qbox .

Try to replug the HDMI wire while on , if this not helps , you have to use it on a compatible TV .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by maxxxy View Post

Thanks I got to put the firmware
                                But no wifi function
                                Does not turn on
                                I tried 2 times to flasshare the firmware but nothing. Always the same defect
                                Does not turn on wifi
                                Hi there, the Superceleron firmware works but there are certain QBOX models that have a different wifi chip in them, the BCM4335 - I am searching for a firmware that works. No luck so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X