No announcement yet.

Beelink GT1 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 ~2/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, i am new here, interested in the gt1, mainly for kodi streaming, web browsing and youtube. I am currently using a no-brand box, which has a lot of reliability issues - optical sound mumbling, green-pink picture, freezes, etc. Would you recomend the gt1 to be reliable and issues free?
    Also - my current box has an outer wifi antenna, and it has pretty good reception, would you say an inner antenna as the one of the gt1 would be at least as good? And last - does any of you know tronsmart s95 meta? Which would you say is better and more reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by Benarimo
      Guys, i am new here, interested in the gt1, mainly for kodi streaming, web browsing and youtube. I am currently using a no-brand box, which has a lot of reliability issues - optical sound mumbling, green-pink picture, freezes, etc. Would you recomend the gt1 to be reliable and issues free?
      Also - my current box has an outer wifi antenna, and it has pretty good reception, would you say an inner antenna as the one of the gt1 would be at least as good? And last - does any of you know tronsmart s95 meta? Which would you say is better and more reliable?
      It is too early to buy an GT1.....it's full of bugs, it freeze often, has poor wifi range.

You can go with the Beelink M18 that has an external antenna, and there is an custom firmware for it(finless).
      I am happy with the M18....
      The gt1 has a lot of potential....but you'll have to wait(a lot).
      My 2 cents.....go for the M18(it costs 54 dollars)

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

It is too early to buy an GT1.....it's full of bugs, it freeze often, has poor wifi range.

You can go with the Beelink M18 that has an external antenna, and there is an custom firmware for it(finless).
        I am happy with the M18....
        The gt1 has a lot of potential....but you'll have to wait(a lot).
        My 2 cents.....go for the M18(it costs 54 dollars)

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk
        Agree. GT1 still have a lot to iron out. Please don't expect it is a perfect player yet.

Comment

Hola, guys !
          Just tried the new firmware 105M0, released earlier today.
          1) To my surprise they managed to get DTS working properly - not in Kodi though, but in SPMC - with IEC passtrough device selected. DTS and DD audio plays just fine, but no joy for HD-audio yet
          2) All my 10 bit HEVC videos seems to play fine without any visible artifacts.
          3 )Other thing which now works is the frame rate switiching
          4) the green flickering is also fixed.
          Now the cons:
          1) with my previous firmware the temperature was between 45 and 50'. Now its quite high - 65-70'. Not sure if this should be primary concern but nevertheless - keep in mind the device gets hot.
          2) poweroff not working - obviously a new bug
          3) the videos appear a little dark , tried to play a 4k to brighten the image but now it doesnt seem to work
          4) video hardware acceleration not available

They also put some new options in the settings menu and removed the reboot option in about-section.
          Continuing testing.

There is no sp00n ...

Comment

Originally posted by sp00n View Post
            Hola, guys !
            Just tried the new firmware 105M0, released earlier today.
            1) To my surprise they managed to get DTS working properly - not in Kodi though, but in SPMC - with IEC passtrough device selected. DTS and DD audio plays just fine, but no joy for HD-audio yet
            2) All my 10 bit HEVC videos seems to play fine without any visible artifacts.
            3 )Other thing which now works is the frame rate switiching
            4) the green flickering is also fixed.
            Now the cons:
            1) with my previous firmware the temperature was between 45 and 50'. Now its quite high - 65-70'. Not sure if this should be primary concern but nevertheless - keep in mind the device gets hot.
            2) poweroff not working - obviously a new bug
            3) the videos appear a little dark , tried to play a 4k to brighten the image but now it doesnt seem to work
            4) video hardware acceleration not available

They also put some new options in the settings menu and removed the reboot option in about-section.
            Continuing testing.

Edited: Sorry I just saw that you have the power off issue too.

Does switching of works for you? Many are complaining that only restart and sleep is working. Can you confirm?

​​​​​​â

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
              What are the main/most important areas to apply the thermal paste to, and any pics possibly of the locations of them? I would think Arctic Silver would be good enough?

I should add, on another note, that I have no issues with pass through and upscaling of audio to play through my Yamaha AVR in my home theater setup.
              I also would be interested in this. Can someone please make a step by step tutorial on how and where to apply the thermal paste please?

Comment

Further observations:
                When using SPMC with amcodec - enabled - the framerate switching does work, but SPMC often crashes after a while. Disbaling this option keeps the program stable, but framerate switching is gone.

tenoce

PowerOFF doesnt work as already mentioned

There is no sp00n ...

Comment

Cannot update. I've already hard reseted my device, but when trying to update it says, "your system is damaged, wireless update is disabled"

I tried factory reset and then repeat the update process. Same result.

Comment

Originally posted by tenoce View Post
                    Cannot update. I've already hard reseted my device, but when trying to update it says, "your system is damaged, wireless update is disabled"

I tried factory reset and then repeat the update process. Same result.
                    are you downloading the update to update or trying to use the OTA method?
                    Nvidia Sheild Tv
                    ADT-1 Developer Kit
                    Wetek Core
                    Fire Tv2
                    Beelink GT1
                    Raspberry Pi2
                    Odroid C2
                    Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by sandog View Post

are you downloading the update to update or trying to use the OTA method?
                      OTA

Comment

Tried the new firmware and dts now working perfect

No Green flicker any more.
                        Shutdown not working.

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

Comment

Well i have just received an OTA update from belink & now my box will not turn off. I have to unplug it to turn it off. Every time i click on shut down, It just restarts the box. Seems to be running stable though.

Comment

Yep it's a bug with last fw runs pretty good though

Στάλθηκε από το Broken powered G2 D802 μου

Comment

At least were getting OTA. im getting nothing from Pro box. cant wait for a stable Rom for the 3gb Pro box to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by sp00n View Post
                                Further observations:
                                When using SPMC with amcodec - enabled - the framerate switching does work, but SPMC often crashes after a while. Disbaling this option keeps the program stable, but framerate switching is gone.

tenoce

PowerOFF doesnt work as already mentioned
                                Could you confirm green flickering and dark brightness fixed in this new update?

Comment

Working...
                                X