Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, I'm new to the box world and I followed your guide to install this rom.
    Unfortunately it seems something went wrong with my installation because I accidentally powered off my device after I had flash the rom.
    I mean, the box works but it's NO ROOT! I tried everything but it's still not root.
    I would try to flash again the firmware but I can't anymore because my remote controller can't power on the device (as you know) and if I try to press the AV power when I plug in the power adaptor I can't access to recovery and the USB burning tool doesn't recognize my device. I'm very frustrated, I also tried to flash with sd but with no luck too. I really hope someone will help me... and thanks for your work here.

Comment

What i did is, open burning tool, plug the Male to male usb, push and hold the reset button then plugin the power adapter, wait for it to recognize(around 4sec.). Hope it works on you. By the way what is your s905x model? Make sure your box is compatible with the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
        What i did is, open burning tool, plug the Male to male usb, push and hold the reset button then plugin the power adapter, wait for it to recognize(around 4sec.). Hope it works on you. By the way what is your s905x model? Make sure your box is compatible with the firmware.
        Thanks for your answer. I did this and I flashed the firmware the first time but now I would reflash it or the stock one. The problem is that everytime I try to do as you told me, my box is not recognized by the burning tool! I get just a normal system startup.

Comment

What box model you have. I have tx5 pro i insert the usb male to male the one beside the microsd slot. If you have other model try both usb slot the one the works. Plug the usb male to male, press the reset using pin/toothpicks (keep holding it), then plug the adapter, until the burning tool recognize the s905x then release the reset button. Install the latest burning tool version also.

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
            What box model you have. I have tx5 pro i insert the usb male to male the one beside the microsd slot. If you have other model try both usb slot the one the works. Plug the usb male to male, press the reset using pin/toothpicks (keep holding it), then plug the adapter, until the burning tool recognize the s905x then release the reset button. Install the latest burning tool version also.
            I have the Nexbox A95X with no brand.. anyway in somehow I got how to let my device recognized by the tool.. Anyway I tried to flash the stock rom updated and it gave me this error "erase bootloader/lowper/identify/error result".. I really don't know what's happening :S How I could do to fix this? (Thanks for your precious help,I really appreciate it)

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro View Post
              Anyway I tried to flash the stock rom updated and it gave me this error "erase bootloader/lowper/identify/error result".. I really don't know what's happening
              I tried googling that error and all i could find was this ..

Quote:
              just trying the flash tool with the box plugged in to the USB3 port and still no luck.
              the error i'm getting is "[0x00101003]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result"

.. which i now find out is because the flash tool only supports USB2 .. DOH!

I hope that's what the problem is

I will say from personal experience ... i couldn't get the USB Burning Tool to work via USB3.0 (but i didn't receive any error messages) ... tried USB2.0 and it worked fine

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

I tried googling that error and all i could find was this ..

Quote:
                just trying the flash tool with the box plugged in to the USB3 port and still no luck.
                the error i'm getting is "[0x00101003]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result"

.. which i now find out is because the flash tool only supports USB2 .. DOH!

I hope that's what the problem is

I will say from personal experience ... i couldn't get the USB Burning Tool to work via USB3.0 (but i didn't receive any error messages) ... tried USB2.0 and it worked fine
                That is weird as I have been using USB3.0 with ver 2.0.8 till now.

Comment

oops .. double checked the version i'm using, v2.05.15 (possible user pfornaro is using this version as well ?)

so maybe 2.0.8 added USB3.0 support ?

Comment

I googled and found that too, the fact is that my pc has only 2.0 usb port

Comment

OK guys, I did it... I returned to stock! and I'm going to write a little guide if someone will have my same situation. So let's start

Do you want to restore or reflash your ROM but your remote controller doesn't work? Follow this guide

- Download the latest USB Burning Tool (v2.0.8)

- Open it and load your image

- Now click on the "Start" button

- Plug your USB male to male cable to the port nearest to the back of your box and you should get the red on the box

- Plug the Power adapter and now you should get the blue led on the box

- You are done, the ROM is flashing right now, just wait and click on "Stop" when it's finished

- At the first reboot BE PATIENT, it takes some minutes, don't power off the device

Ok that's the guide but anyway I didn't solve my main problem. I decided to flash this rom because I would watch my Mediaset Premium (for who doesn't know it's like SkyGo) on my device. The problem is that I can't watch if my device is rooted, so I was searching for a solution to hide my root. I noticed that SuperSU can hide the root and this rom should have SuperSU. Anyway as I said before I wasn't lucky enough to do that.. So my question is: How could I hide my root from stock rom getting mediaset app working? Thanks everyone in advance

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro View Post
                        - Plug the Power adapter and now you should get the blue led on the box

I noticed that SuperSU can hide the root and this rom should have SuperSU. Anyway as I said before I wasn't lucky enough to do that.. So my question is: How could I hide my root from stock rom getting mediaset app working? Thanks everyone in advance
                        You don't plug in pwr adaptor for flashing rom.
                        Also, frankenstein includes SuperSU as a default.

Comment

Is there way to change the paths on the main screen of the launcher for say like kodi to open spmc and the file manger to open ES File Explorer?
                          Nvidia Sheild Tv
                          ADT-1 Developer Kit
                          Wetek Core
                          Fire Tv2
                          Beelink GT1
                          Raspberry Pi2
                          Odroid C2
                          Nexbox A5

Comment

Originally posted by sandog View Post
                            Is there way to change the paths on the main screen of the launcher for say like kodi to open spmc and the file manger to open ES File Explorer?
                            Someone recommended to use tvlauncher app from playstore, and i think it's far better than oranth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161003-001528.png
Views:	93
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	600904

Comment

Give HAL Launcher a try

Also the WeTek Launcher is decent. I have a link if anyone wants to give it a try
                              Nvidia Sheild Tv
                              ADT-1 Developer Kit
                              Wetek Core
                              Fire Tv2
                              Beelink GT1
                              Raspberry Pi2
                              Odroid C2
                              Nexbox A5

Comment

Hey guys I own a Nexbox A95X S905X 2/16 I'd like to know if anyone got the stock remote to work turning the system on and if so, how? I tried all the A95X remote.conf but it doesn't work. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X