No announcement yet.

TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This link in the first post is dead :/ With 9377 WiFi chip - http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p9515...7-20161121.img

Comment

Originally posted by tinuz97 View Post
      This link in the first post is dead :/ With 9377 WiFi chip - http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p9515...7-20161121.img
      My post #275 has links to newer firmware - January 2017. It'll be better to install that version than November 2016

Comment

Originally posted by m1tch3m View Post

My post #275 has links to newer firmware - January 2017. It'll be better to install that version than November 2016
        Thx

Comment

Hi. I'm new here and to android boxes in general.
          For some reason I can't install any OTA updates on my box (Tx5 Pro 9377).
          I tried two different 2017 version updates and it errors out on install.
          I tried 2 different sd cards, formatted with just the files in them and nothing.

I get something like:

E: could not mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (sd card read-only)

The sd cards aren't write protected.. I even tried using a usb.
          I'm back on TX5pro-9377-20161121.img

Img files work fine but no dice with OTA zips.

I've tried through the update/backup app and the recovery menu.
          What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
          Last edited by H215; 06-01-2017, 00:00.

Comment

Originally posted by earchant View Post

Heated the whole board for about a minute to avoid the board bending from heat in one area (500degrees). Then I did a circular pattern going around the board for about 3 min focusing on the flash memory for about 15 seconds at a time.

Pretty sure the error is due to flash memory. You'll start smelling the solder knowing it's being reflowed. After its done let it cool completely before touching or moving it.

Pretty standard. Just remeber this is prob only temp fix and heat gun isn't technically a proper reflow machine.
            Tried this and it worked. Blue Light came on and box works.
            Thanks for the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by H215 View Post
              Hi. I'm new here and to android boxes in general.
              For some reason I can't install any OTA updates on my box (Tx5 Pro 9377).
              I tried two different 2017 version updates and it errors out on install.
              I tried 2 different sd cards, formatted with just the files in them and nothing.

I get something like:

E: could not mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (sd card read-only)

The sd cards aren't write protected.. I even tried using a usb.
              I'm back on TX5pro-9377-20161121.img

Img files work fine but no dice with OTA zips.

I've tried through the update/backup app and the recovery menu.
              What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
              Link Post #275

Full flash using USB Burning Tool
              With 9377 WiFi chip -

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post

Link Post #275

Full flash using USB Burning Tool
                With 9377 WiFi chip -
                I originally used usb flash tool to update to TX5pro-9377-20161121.img
                I can get into recovery and install full update and custom images from recovery as well, just not OTA zips.
                Strange..

Is there a way to make zip updates into img updates?

Comment

Originally posted by H215 View Post

I originally used usb flash tool to update to TX5pro-9377-20161121.img
                  I can get into recovery and install full update and custom images from recovery as well, just not OTA zips.
                  Strange..

Is there a way to make zip updates into img updates?
                  You can ask the Chinese Fiirmware Dev's why the OTA's don't Update?
                  They rarely work in my experience. When they do work it's generally a one off and
                  you will never get the next one to work.
                  These guy's selling the boxes are all knocking off each others Firmware.
                  The Amlogic USB Flash Tool is your safest surest way to clean Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post

You can ask the Chinese Fiirmware Dev's why the OTA's don't Update?
                    They rarely work in my experience. When they do work it's generally a one off and
                    you will never get the next one to work.
                    These guy's selling the boxes are all knocking off each others Firmware.
                    The Amlogic USB Flash Tool is your safest surest way to clean Flash.
                    I found out what was wrong. Almost every zip for the 2017 firmware was corrupted.

I was gonna make a img update from the system.new.dat contents in the ota zip,
                    but the system.new.dat wouldn't extract from the zip. Error on that file during extract.

After searching around I found one that extracted with no errors.
                    So here goes a proper working TX5pro-9377-p212-ota-20170106.zip.

I updated fine with this.

edit:

There's also this with a newer date and a few more apps but has a gostreamer boot logo.

https://www.gostreamer.com/downloads...7_06032017.zip

I originally used the system.new.dat contents of this ota update to create a full image file.
                    It installed fine but was over 1gb and I didn't like the gostreamer boot logo..
                    Keep in mind that this was my first dabble at creating an img file so I might have copied junk files in it.

The original file above is about 800mb. It might install fine as-is but I haven't tested it.

My TX5 Pro is the tanix variant from geekbuying btw.
                    Last edited by H215; 06-04-2017, 03:26.

Comment

Why do not ask TANIX directly for updates? They are at Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tanix_Box

As I have some friend in that company, I am going to ask them if possible to place all their firmwares in a website for download...

Hope can help
                      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                        Why do not ask TANIX directly for updates? They are at Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tanix_Box

As I have some friend in that company, I am going to ask them if possible to place all their firmwares in a website for download...

Hope can help
                        Seems they are finally getting around to having a Web Site too!

http://www.tanix-box.com no coverage on the TX3 or TX5 units yet only the TX7/TX8 and TX2!

Comment

Tanix TX5 Pro Firmware 2GB/16GB 9377 20170306 Full Image

Available now: Tanix TV Box Firmware
                          Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                            Tanix TX5 Pro Firmware 2GB/16GB 9377 20170306 Full Image

Available now: Tanix TV Box Firmware
                            Unfortunately it's not working.

Just downloads an HTML file.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Right click, copy Hyperlink Link,

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

...still nothing for the 6255 chip set...
                                I just used the contact form to ask them about new firmware for the 6255. May be I get an answer.....

Comment

Working...
                                X