TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@olympicwiz

No, in this case you can NOT use the internal upgrade app. This is a complete firmware. The links to both versions are:
    Uploaded on 20161216

Tanix Amlogic S905X with 6255 wifi chip PC Upgrade http://www.mediafire.com/file/1d8acc...5-20161123.img

Tanix Amlogic S905X with 9377 wifi chip PC Upgrade http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p9515...7-20161121.img

Please check the SN Code at the bottom of the device, 77 represents 9377, P5 represents 6255
    If your SN code does NOT match one of thes both version, You might not use them at all. In this case you need to wait until you get an update.

For this you need to check this blog: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

This is the link to the actual burning tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/or...l_2.0.5.15.rar

Male 2male is really easy to find. You can find shorter and longer cable. Mine is about 6FT long.... just as an example:
    Length : 3FT. This is a Standard USB A Male To Male A Cable. This cable easily connect printer, scanner or any other USB device to your computer. 1 x USB Type A Male to Type A male Cable. Connectors: Left and Right: 4-pin USB 2.0 Type A – male. | eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
      Guys...
      Why using an older firmware as which is delivered with the box?
      There are 2 new firmware versions. You just have to look on the back of the unit to verify which version needs to be used....
      These both versions are not to be installed by OTA. You need to install them manually with the flash tool, which is provided there too.

I wish I could find what version I have. I don't have a 77 or a P5 on mine. I don't even have a 7 or a P in my numbers. I asked geekbuying but never got anything back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post

I wish I could find what version I have. I don't have a 77 or a P5 on mine. I don't even have a 7 or a P in my numbers. I asked geekbuying but never got anything back from them.
        You could open the box and identify the WiFi chip that way.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You could open the box and identify the WiFi chip that way.
          Where is it located. I kinda think mine might be a knock off. Not much on the board to go by. I think I have the same as u cause with other firmware we both had Wi-Fi. Which did u have

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post

Where is it located. I kinda think mine might be a knock off. Not much on the board to go by. I think I have the same as u cause with other firmware we both had Wi-Fi. Which did u have
            I suspect that it will be this (6th photo on the 3rd line of images)

http://freaktab.com/album/588694-tx5-pro-tv-box-amlogic-s905x-with-dual-band-wifi-ac
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

@Rigattoni

Thank you so much for the informative and comprehensive answer. My serial number is CS905XE77001925 so I assume I have 9377 wifi chip.
              I will order male to male if that is the only way to fix it and will try to flash the damn thing.

In the meantime I connect to the Ethernet cable.

Another peculiar thing. I installed DirectV Now app and it keeps asking for my location even though I allowed the location to this program. I reinstalled and it said something about
              display overlay detected and it is preventing DirectV to start.

Just was wondering if anyone had this issue and how to deal with it please?

Hope that the new firmware would address that

Comment

@olympicwiz

Your issue with the DirectTV app is not android related... this is just a bad developed app... :-)

...but there is a way to get this fixed, because any Android update would not fix this issue.

Since Android 6, there is a special setting for overlays.
                I think you use the regular settings menu,which is nice for TV.

...out of memory:
                You need to open the regular Android settings menu. This is stored in settings --> extended settings (or similar, donĀ“t know out of memory... my device is mounted in my car.)
                There you can find "Apps".
                Open "Apps" and click on the gear icon on top right.
                This opens a new menu, where you can find "Draw over other apps".

Find out which setting needs to be deactivated to let your app start and remember the original settings, because this is may be necessary to reject your settings.

Comment

For directv now
                  use hide root
                  fake gps
                  and change 2 build.prop
                  ro.build.type=user ro.build.tags=release-keys Works on everybox i have tried but video is poor except on 1 box.

I have not had a chance to test latest update. Might be better now. Updated a couple days ago
                  Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I suspect that it will be this (6th photo on the 3rd line of images)

http://freaktab.com/album/588694-tx5-pro-tv-box-amlogic-s905x-with-dual-band-wifi-ac
                    My box has the 6255 wifi. after seeing olympicwiz post and bluesmanuk post i opened mine and it does have the 6255 wifi. on 2 of my friends box the have the P5 where olympicwiz has a 77. Those numbers on mine is a 65. Maybe misprint or error? if u have a 65 box it should be a 62555 wifi i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
                      @olympicwiz

Your issue with the DirectTV app is not android related... this is just a bad developed app... :-)

...but there is a way to get this fixed, because any Android update would not fix this issue.

Since Android 6, there is a special setting for overlays.
                      I think you use the regular settings menu,which is nice for TV.

...out of memory:
                      You need to open the regular Android settings menu. This is stored in settings --> extended settings (or similar, donĀ“t know out of memory... my device is mounted in my car.)
                      There you can find "Apps".
                      Open "Apps" and click on the gear icon on top right.
                      This opens a new menu, where you can find "Draw over other apps".

Find out which setting needs to be deactivated to let your app start and remember the original settings, because this is may be necessary to reject your settings.
                      Happy New year to all.. and i have tried this method and disabled Draw over on every app on the list. It didn't help. Could it be some hidden apps that don't appear on that list?

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                        For directv now
                        use hide root
                        fake gps
                        and change 2 build.prop
                        ro.build.type=user ro.build.tags=release-keys Works on everybox i have tried but video is poor except on 1 box.

I have not had a chance to test latest update. Might be better now. Updated a couple days ago
                        Thank you for trying to help. I am just quite new to this, would you be kind enough to elaborate? How do I use hide root and do I need to install fake GPS?
                        And how do I find and change 2 build.prop?

EDIT - Managed to get it to work using your method. Thank you!
                        Last edited by olympicwiz; 01-01-2017, 06:32. Reason: I worked it out!

Comment

0161123.img: -Paired bluetooth keyboard always impossible/very difficult ; The pairing code is invisible in the background!
                          -notification bar solved: not displayed.
                          -bluetooth remote power not work when sleep (work only with mai firmware)
                          -OTA update say now: 'Now Is The Lastest Version'
                          -build 20161123, android 6.0.1; security patch: 20160801
                          -hw mediacodec for 4K: KO with Kodi 17RC; must use SPMC with amlogic hw accel.
                          -CEC power OFF TV not work
                          -time/date format not change in home screen

Comment

Originally posted by olympicwiz View Post

Thank you for trying to help. I am just quite new to this, would you be kind enough to elaborate? How do I use hide root and do I need to install fake GPS?
                            And how do I find and change 2 build.prop?

EDIT - Managed to get it to work using your method. Thank you!
                            Awesome. Is the video smooth?
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister

Awesome. Is the video smooth?
                              It varies. Sometimes it starts with very low resolution and then becomes nice and smooth, on other channels it seems to be in SD. Sometimes movies get stucked and need to restart. It feels like the app itself needs optimization as my cable net is very fast. And the interface is very counter intuitive

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed HBO GO on Tx5 Pro but can not get a sound at all. Has anyone come across this issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X