TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a short question...
    I want to use a DAB+ USB adapter... Which USB is the OTG, or does the box does not have one at all?

Comment

Does it ever happen to you that the box refuses to start up? Beside the standby light going from red to blue the TV screen stays black, like there's no video input. only thing I can do is to unplug the power adapter and replug it. then it will work for the next 4-5 times and then it will do it again. is it a firmware problem? (I have the 08/2016 firmware).

Comment

Originally posted by abadguy87 View Post
        Does it ever happen to you that the box refuses to start up? Beside the standby light going from red to blue the TV screen stays black, like there's no video input. only thing I can do is to unplug the power adapter and replug it. then it will work for the next 4-5 times and then it will do it again. is it a firmware problem? (I have the 08/2016 firmware).
        Good to know that I am not the only one with this behavior...
        I have similar issues...
        The HDMI output is not centered on the screen. The TV does not show the picture in this case. I can see it in my AppRadio in car on 2/3 of the screen.
        This does not happen always, but 4 of 5 times. In this case you need to unplug and replug the power.After that, the box boots up as expected.
        I did not find any solution for this issue yet...

Comment

Originally posted by abadguy87 View Post
          Have u tried any of the newer firmwares? Since i updated to latest it stop happening to me. I even installed the new sd zip. Nothing happened since the 09 update.

For the screen being to big i had to set zoom down to 93 to fit properly.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post

Have u tried any of the newer firmwares? Since i updated to latest it stop happening to me. I even installed the new sd zip. Nothing happened since the 09 update.

Latest greatest is installed.

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
              Is the 1012 update same with this one?
              I think you have a newer update from 10/21/2016. how did you get it? and is there any way you can share it with us?

Comment

I'm gonna try update to the latest firmware, I don't have an SD card, do you know if I can do the same procedure using an USB drive?

Comment

I updated my TX5Pro with 20161012 SD upgrade; but it's version 20160909.
                  Bluetooth in sleep not solved, when tx5pro in sleep= no bluetooth, can't power on with bluetooth remote (second update 201606 or 201607 work with bluetooth 4 in sleep)
                  1-REGRESSION: now notification bar is always displayed in youtube! not understand why for TV add this notification bar with clock! useless.
                  2-REGRESSION: now on GooglePlay notification bar in top, and black bar in bottom ! (bottom bar is disabled in setting)

After update with SDcard, loss only wifi settings. All other settings are ok.

Problem with mediacodec video hardware acceleration not solved! always problem with h265 encoded in two pass. (green image) and 4K accelerated (Kodi17)
                  Power off TV by CEC not work.

How can remove notification bar and totally remove bottom bar ? Update is really official stock?

Comment

Originally posted by xx8todiefor6xx View Post

I think you have a newer update from 10/21/2016. how did you get it? and is there any way you can share it with us?
                    I think this is the new version. Il ask my supplier for rom. So far its look good than previous firmwares.will try bluetooth soon if ok.

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post

I think this is the new version. Il ask my supplier for rom. So far its look good than previous firmwares.will try bluetooth soon if ok.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Hello. Where can I find the firmware with this Wi-Fi module FN-link 8223A-SR. With firmware that is on the Internet is not working wifi.((
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT8585 View Post
                          Hello. Where can I find the firmware with this Wi-Fi module FN-link 8223A-SR. With firmware that is on the Internet is not working wifi.((
                          Hi,

I have the same issue. I received Tanix last week from geekbuying. I updated it to Uploaded on 20161012 and WiFi is not working. Now I have discovered that the firmware Uploaded on 20161012 is version 20160909 and is older than firmware that was originaly in device.

I tried to contact geekbuying for right firmware, but answer is: firmware Uploaded on 20161012 is the newest.... It is not true, see post #105.

Comment

Hi, please look at this post http://disq.us/p/1dnvn36 and try to ask for latest firmware that firmware than was uploaded on top of the page (firmware marked as "Uploaded on 20161012").

My device was delivered last week with newer firmware.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Good. I wrote.

Comment

I tried this..

For anyone who wants to use apps that wont work with hdmi out i found an xposed mod that has allowed me to use comcast and dish with the tx5 pro. App is called receiverstop. http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.de...k.receiverstop
                                After installing open receiverstop and choose app u wanna watch and block all receivers then reboot. I have tested both comcast xfinity tv (not the tv go app) and dish app both work without problem. I also tried all 4 app but dont have vpn and get the not available at my location error. Anyone want to try other apps let us know what works what dont.
                                Then this...

Found a way to bypass root check on the all4 app. After u install xposed use the receiverstop mod and root cloak mod. On receiverstop block all receivers and the open root cloak mod and go to native root detection. Install the library and then add all4 to the list. All 4 no longer looks for root or hdmi. Hope it helps people who want it.
                                I can also confirm that whilst root detection does not appear in the all4 app, and all receivers are blocked, still just a blank screen. So as bluesmanuk has already said

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

.....root detection method no longer came up, there was still only audio but no video.

It is certainly a step forward from previous methods though and I'm sure that both will enable a lot of other otherwise blocked sources.
                                Thanks Esloudan for your suggestion, it was certainly worth a try!

EDIT: I have had an issue with the BBC radio player app pausing itself when my TV is turned off. To restart the audio whilst my TV was off I had to make sure my remote cursor was pointing over the start button in the app. THIS WAS A PAIN.. especially if the cursor moved!!

I have just discovered that using the receiverstop block on the radio app, prevents the app from pausing when my TV screen is off.
                                So Esloudan, thank you again!
                                Last edited by fdz; 11-17-2016, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X