TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post

The firmware problems have been resolved with the update you can find in this thread. Some minor bugs remain, but they can be fixed easily.
    I installed Perfect player once, while trying to find the best IPTV app (for the information, the best free IPTV app I found is Lazy IPTV).
    Thanks for your response Bubuxp for Updates firmware , I find them in the main page of this discussion ? I have also seen that there is ' another open discussion forums with a new update ' officer? I can get them to make updates via SD CARD?

Comment

The firmware that you find HERE is the new original one. It fixes the bugs and must be updated via SD card.

HERE instead you can find the A95X firmware adapted to the TX5pro, but you need to flash it with PC and Amlogic software.

Comment

okk with the sd card how do you upgrade there is' a guide ?
        While this version ATTACHED and ' Official or Not?

Hey guys, Glad to share the PC Upgrade Firmware for Tanix TX5 Pro (http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tanix-TX5-Android-6-0-Marshmallow-Amlogic-S905X-2G-16G-TV-BOX

Comment

Originally posted by Cavaliere View Post
          okk with the sd card how do you upgrade there is' a guide ?
          While this version ATTACHED and ' Official or Not?
          To update via SD card:
          1) extract the rar file in the microSD card;
          2) power off the TX5pro;
          3) insert the microSD in the TX5pro;
          4) under the TX5pro there is a little hole, insert something inside and keep pressed the button;
          5) power on the TX5pro while keep pressing the hidden button, the recovery screen should appear;
          6) if update doesn't start automatically, choose "install a zip" and select the firmware zip in the microSD
          7) when update finish, reboot.

All your stuff inside the box will be erased (customizations, downloaded files, pictures, videos, etc.).

The firmware in that thread that you linked looks like the previous one, you can see the version/date:
          the img file in the link is 20160805
          the rar file in my link is 20160813

All links come from here:
          http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/
          Last edited by BubuXP; 09-23-2016, 08:03. Reason: firmware version correction

Comment

This Android TV box and ' very supported as upgrades and also by the community ? Thanks for driving, tomorrow I think I will proceed ' to the purchase of the product .

Comment

Hello all,
              I have a probem
              Deep color option do not turn off as I understand
              My projector shows very dark place on screen. And it do not have fullRGP settings as I understand.
              It seems that switching deep color do not work on 13.08.16 firmware
              I think I can't be the one with this problem...

Comment

Originally posted by SandroID View Post
                Hello all,
                I have a probem
                Deep color option do not turn off as I understand
                My projector shows very dark place on screen. And it do not have fullRGP settings as I understand.
                It seems that switching deep color do not work on 13.08.16 firmware
                I think I can't be the one with this problem...
                This is strange, but if run any 4K video this problem with dark zones on the screen fixed on any videos till the next power off
                Last edited by SandroID; 09-24-2016, 08:41.

Comment

Here is a new firmware for Tanix TX5 pro. This time for update from PC.
                  !!! I have read that with this firmware LibreELEC can not be used from uSD card and I did not test this build because I use LibreELEC !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PM+Mickey View Post
                    Here is a new firmware for Tanix TX5 pro. This time for update from PC.
                    !!! I have read that with this firmware LibreELEC can not be used from uSD card and I did not test this build because I use LibreELEC !!!
                    http://www.mediafire.com/download/69...o-20160909.img
                    Thanks.

I'll update the first post with the link.

Do you have a link to the source confirming that LibreELEC cannot be used in tandem with this firmware?

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Here is the link: http://forum.libreelec.tv/showthread...13393#pid13393
                      Last edited by crypted; 09-26-2016, 06:45.

Comment

Originally posted by crypted View Post
                        Here is the link: http://forum.libreelec.tv/showthread...13393#pid13393

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                        Cheers.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Last night I tested 2016.09.09 firmware.
                          New boot animations.
                          Top bar
                          new apk for updating KODI plugins
                          new apk for dump log on removable medium (need to create some file on medium for activating)
                          new apk for help info
                          still autoframe rate problem
                          confirming that with this build LibreELEC can not be used from sdcard
                          ( twrp backup did not resolve LibreElec problem) also tried to manually use boot.PARTITION, bootloader.PARTITION in level1 dir of unpacked firmware from 20160805 and pack and flash but LibreELEC still can't be used.)
                          Reverted back to 20160805 and update from uSD card to 20160813

Comment

Originally posted by PM+Mickey View Post
                            Last night I tested 2016.09.09 firmware.
                            New boot animations.
                            Top bar
                            new apk for updating KODI plugins
                            new apk for dump log on removable medium (need to create some file on medium for activating)
                            new apk for help info
                            still autoframe rate problem
                            confirming that with this build LibreELEC can not be used from sdcard
                            ( twrp backup did not resolve LibreElec problem) also tried to manually use boot.PARTITION, bootloader.PARTITION in level1 dir of unpacked firmware from 20160805 and pack and flash but LibreELEC still can't be used.)
                            Reverted back to 20160805 and update from uSD card to 20160813
                            After reverting back to 20160813 can you boot LibreELEC?

Comment

After reverting back to 20160813 just use toothpick to activate boot from uSD card (keep pressed toothpick until LibreELEC splash is displayed). Consecutive boot is normal

Comment

I tested briefly the new firmware. My findings until now:
                                - the new boot animation is the original Android 6 one (like the Nexus phones);
                                - the enter button bug is still present;
                                - the CEC function now works properly on my TV (previous firmwares don't);
                                - in the new Kodi plugins update app you can choose the plugins pack for your country/language. When you update with this app, all existing Kodi plugins, themes and preferences will be deleted;
                                - as you can read from the new manual app, the pre-installed Kodi uses an apk signature different from the one in the Play store (because it's a customized version of Kodi), so it won't be updated automatically (only with a firmware update or uninstalling the existing Kodi and install from Play store);
                                - the integrated firmware update tool doesn't work (it never worked in previous firmwares too);
                                - the security patch level is still August 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X