TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post

as far as the keyboard goes. Enter is q because the default position when your typing is on the letter q. Use the d pad to done. type away then press OK or enter and it will not strike the letter q.
    Find a file called Generic.kl

I think it's located in /system/usr/keylayout

Edit it and change the entry for the line Key 28 from whatever it is to ENTER

Reboot and the issue should be resolved.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool99 View Post
      thanks for the info , does the update overlay or wipe?????, only as i have spent ages configuring kodi and wouldnt want to lose it
      It just overlay.

Comment

on stock firmware netflix would force close even after updating. Found this version and works fine if anyone else is having issues too.

Netflix https://mega.nz/#!c1g33DhT!Tv8rVnavJ...x9pA8n1adHWS04

Comment

This is my first Android box, never had one before.
          It shipped with firmware 20160805, and then I upgraded to 20160813.
          I passed some hours messing with it and I found that, while the s905x CPU is 64bit capable, the operating system is 32bit, not taking full advantage of the CPU power. Just check in the /system/build.prop file:
          Code:
          ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
          ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
          ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
          I noticed that the Android System WebView (package com.android.webview) in the system is almost a year old (version 44.0.2403.119) and this could be a security problem. So I disabled the integrated package and installed the updated version (52.0.2743.98) from the Play Store, but it count as a different package (com.android.google.webview) and is ignored by the system (you can check this by going to http://www.useragentstring.com/ with the default browser and reading the version in use, that is still the old one). The only solution to fix this is to use a Xposed module. So I searched how to installed Xposed Framework without custom recovery and found the following way in this same forum:
          0 - TWRP recovery available, so you can install it and flash the Xposed SDK zip file from there. If you don't want to install TWRP you can read further;
          1 - be sure to have root (stock and custom ROMs for TX5 pro are already rooted);
          2 - download and install the Xposed Installer apk from the official thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811
          3 - download the latest SDK zip from the official site: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/ and leave the file in the Download folder;
          4 - download the attached file and leave it in the Download folder: xposed.txt
          5 - install a terminal emulator from the Store if you don't have it already;
          6 - open the terminal and type su, then type sh /sdcard/Download/xposed.txt and finally type reboot;
          With Xposed installed, a lot more of modding is possible.

I further customized the ROM:
          - applied the Enter button fix as explained above by bluesmanuk and disabled the AOSP keyboard, so the only keyboard in the system will be the physical one;
          - removed the orrible Oranth default launcher and changed it with Simple TV Launcher;
          - removed the Camera app, totally useless in a TV box;
          - removed from /system/ other not useful apps (for my needs, like Mobdro, Netflix, the default file manager, OpenWnn Japanese keyboard, the Kodi customization zip, etc.) and put instead other useful apps (like Ace Stream Engine, Sop to Http and XMTV Player, a better file manager, etc.).
          - to disable system apps that you don't use but you don't want to remove definitively, you can use System application manager. This little app can do many other things, but it's not fully tested for use with Marshmallow, so other functions could not work well.

I tested briefly also the Frankenstein firmware by prahjister and I didn't found it much different than the stock firmware. He put Nova Launcher as an alternative launcher to Oranth, but I find that Zen Launcher is more suitable than Nova for use with remote controls.

EDIT: I just found a TWRP recovery that can be installed on TX5 Pro (thanks Team devdigitel) and seems to work fine at the moment for me:

To install it, copy the .img file in the microSD card, rename the file to recovery.img and put it in the TX5. Power off the box, keep pressed the button inside the little hole under the box and power on. TWRP should start but you must install it if you don't want to repeat this procedure each time.
          In TWRP first swipe to allow system modifications, then go to Install button. On the left side go up a level until you cannot go further and select external_sd, then on the right side click on Install Image and finally click in the middle recovery.img that appeared. Finally, install it on the recovery partition, not on the boot partition or you could brick your device.
          To simplify the access to the recovery, you could install an app like Quick Reboot that can reboot to recovery without hassle.

Now we just need an arm64 version of android...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BubuXP; 09-05-2016, 09:09. Reason: Added some hints.

Comment

Useragent seems strange - in my android settings it says the later updated version, yet looking in apps and on the useragent website it's the old version 44.0.2403.119 (using the safari/gecko browser) if I use chrome browser it says the current version 52.0.2743.98
            on the TX5 mine auto updated
            Last edited by 12star; 09-05-2016, 14:10. Reason: extra info

Comment

When you compile the Android OS, you can choose what Webview to use:
              - the free one (com.android.webview), that will not get updates from the Play Store;
              - the Google one (com.android.google.webview), that can be updated from the Play Store.
              In our case, the TX5 OS has been compiled using com.android.webview and if we remove that package, many things will not work. Even if you install later the com.android.google.webview from the Store, they still will not work because they search for com.android.webview and not for com.android.google.webview.

There is an Xposed module that replaces all the com.android.webview references in the system with com.android.google.webview, so the Store webview will works.

Comment

Sorry, but do you know where I can get the latest F/W for TX5(non-pro)? I have 20160805, but looking for 20160813 with navi bar. I want to try it onto Mini M8S II.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisshin View Post
                  Sorry, but do you know where I can get the latest F/W for TX5(non-pro)? I have 20160805, but looking for 20160813 with navi bar. I want to try it onto Mini M8S II.

Comment

Once again, thanks for your help!

Comment

Newbie here.. I got my first tv box (tx5 pro) and most of the apps didn't work. Got a refund from gearbest but thought I'd try an update from here since they told me to keep it. Loaded the latest firmware (Thanks Bluesmanuk). It works well now but a few apps tell me they won't run because the device is rooted. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Comment

You must remove the root (in SuperSU settings there is an option to do it).
                        Or you can try to install Xposed and then the RootCloack module.

Comment

There are root hiding apps in the play store
                          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks BubuXp/Prahjister, Your help seems to of worked!

Comment

Hello to all boys,

am new to the world of TV android box, I would like to take this model but I knew he firmware problems, some of the play store app does not install as ever?

Someone can 'by chance you can' say if you can 'to install the app: PERFECT PLAYER?

Looking forward to your answers

Yours sincerely

Comment

Originally posted by Cavaliere View Post
                                Hello to all boys,

am new to the world of TV android box, I would like to take this model but I knew he firmware problems, some of the play store app does not install as ever?

Someone can 'by chance you can' say if you can 'to install the app: PERFECT PLAYER?
                                The firmware problems have been resolved with the update you can find in this thread. Some minor bugs remain, but they can be fixed easily.
                                I installed Perfect player once, while trying to find the best IPTV app (for the information, the best free IPTV app I found is Lazy IPTV).

Comment

Working...
                                X