Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

The manufacturer says you can reset the box
    Nice answer... Please ask them what they wanted to tell us with this answer?
    How often should I reset the box? Is there a number until the box works as expected???

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post

Nice answer... Please ask them what they wanted to tell us with this answer?
      How often should I reset the box? Is there a number until the box works as expected???
      Does it work if you reset the box? If it doesnt work, I think I should tell them and urge them to release OTA update!

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
      #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

BT is not stable. It changes from boot cycle to boot cycle. Sometimes it needs 2-3 reboots to get it working.
        None of the multiple reset I did healed the behavior.
        I´m just thinking of returning the box.

Comment

New firmwares from today (Uploaded on 20161012) posted over at GeekGadgets for TX5 Pro, TX5 and TX3 Pro, although the TX5 Pro link not working at the moment, so may still be in the process of being uploaded, so keep an eye on it.

Hey guys, Glad to share the PC&SD Upgrade Firmware for Tanix  Amlogic S905X Series Uploaded on 20161216 Tanix TX5 Pro  Tanix TX5 Pro with 6255 wifi chip  PC Upgrade Download Link  Tanix TX5 Pro with 9377 wifi chip  PC Upgrade Download Link  Please check the SN Code at the bottom of the device, 77 represents 9377, P5 represents 6255 Uploaded on 20161012 Tanix TX3 […]

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
            New firmwares from today (Uploaded on 20161012) posted over at GeekGadgets for TX5 Pro, TX5 and TX3 Pro, although the TX5 Pro link not working at the moment, so may still be in the process of being uploaded, so keep an eye on it.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/
            They simply forgot the colon : after http
            I'm already downloading, although i can't test it today.

EDIT:
            Download finished, the version inside is always 20160909, just in SDcard flashable version.
            I will flash later just to be sure.
            Last edited by BubuXP; 10-12-2016, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post

They simply forgot the colon : after http
              I'm already downloading, although i can't test it today.

EDIT:
              Download finished, the version inside is always 20160909, just in SDcard flashable version.
              I will flash later just to be sure.
              Well spotted.

I've updated the link in the first post and will test too and see what, if anything there is in terms of updates.

Comment

something just seems not right.
                TX5Pro and TX5 from the blog where it says PC upgrade(img), but they are actually SD upgrade(zip) files dated 20160909.
                downloading again to double confirm..

Comment

Afternoon ladies and gents.

I recently acquired the tx5 pro and based in the UK I was hoping to utilise the box to install some catch up TV apps.
                  Unfortunately I am having some real hassle getting channel 4 (all4 app) to work properly. On initial load of the app I was getting a little message dialogue explaining that the app would not function properly on rooted devices. Consequently all I get is a black screen with just audio. After further research it seems that channel 4/all4 implement a really harsh DRM policy, hence the problems I am having which is restricting my access.

So I am looking for some help, advice & suggestions please.
                  Firstly is it possible to gain access to all4 catch up TV using this box but without the all4 app? I have tried to see if there is anything kodi can do, but all i can find is a repetition of the DRM fact and it is impossible to decode.

I have tried to implement a couple of root hides without success. The first was a simple app downloaded from the playstore, but could not restrict, or uninstall the superuser app.
                  I have also managed to install the xposed framework (thanks to instructions here from BubuXP) with the addition of installing the RootCloak module and adding the all4 app to hide it. I have had some success here as the all4 app now loads without the message dialogue warning me of root, however I still have a black screen with just audio.

What about unrooting? I don't believe I really need the box rooted anyway, so what about unrooting and how is the best way to go about this? I heard to unroot it is recommended to completely flash some unrooted firmware to achieve this, but I don't want to do it with out first hearing some feedback on what effects it may have on the TX5 pro hardware. As far as I am aware there is only rooted TX5 firmware, so I assume i'ld have to use a different s905 firmware, designed for use with a different box/hardware?

Sorry for the long post, but brand new here and to the android tv box community, so I would appreciate a little feedback, even if only to say hello!

Best wishes,
                  Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by fdz View Post
                    Afternoon ladies and gents.

I recently acquired the tx5 pro and based in the UK I was hoping to utilise the box to install some catch up TV apps.
                    Unfortunately I am having some real hassle getting channel 4 (all4 app) to work properly. On initial load of the app I was getting a little message dialogue explaining that the app would not function properly on rooted devices. Consequently all I get is a black screen with just audio. After further research it seems that channel 4/all4 implement a really harsh DRM policy, hence the problems I am having which is restricting my access.

So I am looking for some help, advice & suggestions please.
                    Firstly is it possible to gain access to all4 catch up TV using this box but without the all4 app? I have tried to see if there is anything kodi can do, but all i can find is a repetition of the DRM fact and it is impossible to decode.

I have tried to implement a couple of root hides without success. The first was a simple app downloaded from the playstore, but could not restrict, or uninstall the superuser app.
                    I have also managed to install the xposed framework (thanks to instructions here from BubuXP) with the addition of installing the RootCloak module and adding the all4 app to hide it. I have had some success here as the all4 app now loads without the message dialogue warning me of root, however I still have a black screen with just audio.

What about unrooting? I don't believe I really need the box rooted anyway, so what about unrooting and how is the best way to go about this? I heard to unroot it is recommended to completely flash some unrooted firmware to achieve this, but I don't want to do it with out first hearing some feedback on what effects it may have on the TX5 pro hardware. As far as I am aware there is only rooted TX5 firmware, so I assume i'ld have to use a different s905 firmware, designed for use with a different box/hardware?

Sorry for the long post, but brand new here and to the android tv box community, so I would appreciate a little feedback, even if only to say hello!

Best wishes,
                    Chris.
                    The chances of getting All4 to work are slim to none I believe.

I've been trying to get it to work for ages but the techs at Channel 4 seem to have come up with something that can detect all the usual ways of hiding root, HDMI etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The chances of getting All4 to work are slim to none I believe.

I've been trying to get it to work for ages but the techs at Channel 4 seem to have come up with something that can detect all the usual ways of hiding root, HDMI etc.
                      Thank you for informing me about this. It's a real shame and I'm not sure why channel4 deem their content any more important than others (BBC etc). I think it's a bit overkill, especially considering anyone can screen record, so it's never going to be able to stop piracy completely. Dam shame, hopefully one day some bright spark wanting all4 content enough, might just find a way to break the detection.

Whilst I understand it may be difficult, it can't be impossible. I live in hope.....
                      Thanks again bluesman.Please give me a shout if anything changes and I shall do likewise.

So if I can't beat the system, what about unrooting the box? Surely that would have to work?!

Comment

Originally posted by fdz View Post

Thank you for informing me about this. It's a real shame and I'm not sure why channel4 deem their content any more important than others (BBC etc). I think it's a bit overkill, especially considering anyone can screen record, so it's never going to be able to stop piracy completely. Dam shame, hopefully one day some bright spark wanting all4 content enough, might just find a way to break the detection.

Whilst I understand it may be difficult, it can't be impossible. I live in hope.....
                        Thanks again bluesman.Please give me a shout if anything changes and I shall do likewise.

So if I can't beat the system, what about unrooting the box? Surely that would have to work?!
                        Unrooting is only one aspect.

You also have to hide the presence of HDMI port.

But despite this the All4 app still sees an issue.

There may well be a solution out there but I have not seen it yet.

Comment

The firmware update they posted for the TX5 (non Pro) is for SD install. I installed it, but it was the same as the one already installed on it, from 9/9/2016.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks again bluesman for your enlightenment on the extent of the All4 app lock down.

Decided to be pro active and say something about this ludicrous security. Google play store sees so many negative reviews for the app and channel 4 seem to only have answers non-complainers. Please be advised on my moan / review. Hopefully if enough people slate it, the devs may be forced to reconsider their security measures!

Like I say, I live in hope that I'll get All4 working on my big screen TV, one way or another.

​​​​​​"Doesn't even deserve a single star

All4 I'm sure would be fantastic... If it worked. Well done on making an app so locked down that it makes the average user have to jump through hoops to watch it on a big screen TV. So what if I want to use HDMI? Is this really risky behaviour going to violate such precious, 'sensitive' content? DRM madness!!! By the way if someone really wants to circumvent your paranoid level of digital content protection, then it will be done very easily via screen recording. I'm done watching on a tiny screen. Bye All4!"

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                              The firmware update they posted for the TX5 (non Pro) is for SD install. I installed it, but it was the same as the one already installed on it, from 9/9/2016.
                              Thanks for the confirmation.

Just when we were getting excited ......

Comment

Shame about the latest firmware situation. I downloaded the TX5 Pro .rar file lastnight and had a poke around within that file. Inside is a zip named "TX5pro-p212-ota-20160909.zip" make of that what you will, but it seems (to me) like either falsely named or a duplicated update. Considering Clarkss12's discovery I would assume it is just a disappointing dupe. Needless to say I have not installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X