X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

Hello All,

Please refer to below answer

1.No,the link you posted was tx5 pro sd card firmware.You should according to our blog link using sd card root it and can't support OTA.

This is the firmware from our blog http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/
    Thank you.
    However, the link for the TX5 Pro firmware upgrade on your blog seems not working http//www.mediafire.com/file/ef1dtysitqh4b2a/TX5pro_SD_UPGRADE.rar

can you please check.

Comment

Hi, this box is still buggy. Nav bar disappears, remote keyboard settings still don't recognise return key. Lags badly using chrome.

When's the next firmware update? The ones posted are from 12th September.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyosprey View Post
        Hi, this box is still buggy. Nav bar disappears, remote keyboard settings still don't recognise return key. Lags badly using chrome.

When's the next firmware update? The ones posted are from 12th September.

Thanks.
        Additional to the complains from Handyosprey:
        1. The handling of drawing over other apps is not correct, as remarked a few days ago.
        2. Mocking sound is buggy for different apps. MP3 are played not correct if mocking is activated. This does not happen with Android 5.0 on other targets.

If there is additional information necessary or traces, I would be able to provide anything needed.

Comment

For anyone who wants to use apps that wont work with hdmi out i found an xposed mod that has allowed me to use comcast and dish with the tx5 pro. App is called receiverstop. http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.de...k.receiverstop
          After installing open receiverstop and choose app u wanna watch and block all receivers then reboot. I have tested both comcast xfinity tv (not the tv go app) and dish app both work without problem. I also tried all 4 app but dont have vpn and get the not available at my location error. Anyone want to try other apps let us know what works what dont.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
            For anyone who wants to use apps that wont work with hdmi out i found an xposed mod that has allowed me to use comcast and dish with the tx5 pro. App is called receiverstop. http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.de...k.receiverstop
            After installing open receiverstop and choose app u wanna watch and block all receivers then reboot. I have tested both comcast xfinity tv (not the tv go app) and dish app both work without problem. I also tried all 4 app but dont have vpn and get the not available at my location error. Anyone want to try other apps let us know what works what dont.
            Sounds great.

Which specific xposed framework do users need to install?
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Sounds great.

Which specific xposed framework do users need to install?
              I just followed BubuXP on post 19 and used the latest in his links.
              Last edited by esloudan; 11-01-2016, 01:18.

Comment

I tested it with the All4 App which nobody has yet to get working and it works to an extent as it still detects the root.

It happily plays the adverts leading up to a program but then only plays the audio but without video.

I'll see what happens when it is unrooted.

Comment

I tested it with the All4 App which nobody has yet to get working and it works to an extent as it still detects the root.

It happily plays the adverts leading up to a program but then only plays the audio but without video.

I'll see what happens when it is unrooted.
                  Wonder if u could use a hide root mod for xposed along with receiverstop?

Comment

Wonder if u could use a hide root mod for xposed along with receiverstop?
                    There is one which I will try and if that fails, go for full unroot.

Comment

(deleted)
                      Last edited by tim1; 11-01-2016, 10:35. Reason: Wrong place...

Comment

Just got a TX5 Pro, with firmware dated 0927. Is the 1012 firmware in post #1 actually from that date, or just the 0909 version?
                        (I've read through all the thread a few times, and the answer seems to vary).

Comment

Found a way to bypass root check on the all4 app. After u install xposed use the receiverstop mod and root cloak mod. On receiverstop block all receivers and the open root cloak mod and go to native root detection. Install the library and then add all4 to the list. All 4 no longer looks for root or hdmi. Hope it helps people who want it.

Comment

Found a way to bypass root check on the all4 app. After u install xposed use the receiverstop mod and root cloak mod. On receiverstop block all receivers and the open root cloak mod and go to native root detection. Install the library and then add all4 to the list. All 4 no longer looks for root or hdmi. Hope it helps people who want it.
                            I had already tried that but whilst the root detection method no longer came up, there was still only audio but no video.

It is certainly a step forward from previous methods though and I'm sure that both will enable a lot of other otherwise blocked sources.

Comment

I had already tried that but whilst the root detection method no longer came up, there was still only audio but no video.

It is certainly a step forward from previous methods though and I'm sure that both will enable a lot of other otherwise blocked sources.
                              If u can try the same thing on another box u might get video. I was looking at the forums on all 4 and found a good many people have the audio no video problem. I found 3 fixes but its a 50/50 chance to work.
                              1st was just to clear cashe and reboot.
                              2nd was check connection speed to make sure u have fast enough speed
                              3rd is the worst. Caused by incompatibility issue with the device.

Comment

Is the 1012 update same with this one?
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X