TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fdz View Post
    Shame about the latest firmware situation. I downloaded the TX5 Pro .rar file lastnight and had a poke around within that file. Inside is a zip named "TX5pro-p212-ota-20160909.zip" make of that what you will, but it seems (to me) like either falsely named or a duplicated update. Considering Clarkss12's discovery I would assume it is just a disappointing dupe. Needless to say I have not installed.
    Or just a simple mistake, as can happen from time to time.

I am going to have a further look at it today to see if does contain anything new.

TX5 Pro users would still be better off with the Frankenstein custom firmware at the moment anyway.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I feel I have a lot to learn. I have never heard of the 'Frankenstein' custom FW, perhaps this thread further back will have more info for me on that.

With regards to the updates offered on geek buying, I am with the understanding that the 'upload date' has no direct correlation to the actual update version.
      I also notice offered are PC updates and SD updates, with the PC variant perhaps being the first made available. Maybe the upload is completely intentional in order to supply an SD version of the previous PC update. As you say bluesman a simple mistake in that the latest uploads are not correctly named. It would have made a lot more sense to simply have the SD version offered in the line below the PC version (as previously seen further down), which would have avoided all the confusion.

Never mind, at least it seems that updates are being offered!!

Now for 'frankenstein' research.....

Comment

So far the original FW is not the best, the confusion about updates is let´s say handled a bit unlucky by Gearbest.
        I Just hope that we will get updates as updates, instead of flashing the complete stuff incl. new installation.
        What I could see is, that the data partition would be formatted too, so no update, just a 2nd way for a clean set up, no update.

Comment

Hi. I am a new owner of pro TX5. you can turn on in the box with the keyboard?

Comment

Try adjusting settings for remote in Android settings to sleep

​​​​​
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Perhaps more of a query regarding the general functionality of Android itself, but I am trying to achieve something similar to airplay on my pro box. iTunes on my Macbook works effortlessly to the box via airplay, where is the Android equivalent?

I was hoping to use my unrooted Sony Z5 to stream audio from native apps such as Google Play Music and third party apps like BBC radio player. It seems the main way to achieve this particular requirement is via Google Cast/Receiver which is only compatible with Google's Chromecast devices. I have seen an out of date hack of the receiver app over on XDA via a TWRP flash of the APK and an exposed module. Although the cast icon appears on PlayMusic and my Pro shows on the device list, cast fails to establish connection. The only success story was YouTube, which isn't what I want.

Apple/Mac to Android works like a charm. Android to Android seems to be quite a struggle! Surely this is not right?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

Just ordered a Tanix TX5 Pro. A function I really need is the CEC settings. And from what I understand it is only later firmware that has got this? Which version is the CEC function added to android settings?
                Another thing I don't understand, what really differs from these official updates to the Frankenstein mod?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post
                  Just ordered a Tanix TX5 Pro. A function I really need is the CEC settings. And from what I understand it is only later firmware that has got this? Which version is the CEC function added to android settings?
                  Another thing I don't understand, what really differs from these official updates to the Frankenstein mod?

Thank you!
                  It was added in 2016-08-13 (and newer of course). About the Frankenstein, I also would like knowing

Comment

The Frankenstein is just better because it resolved issues and improves functionality.

Have a good read through the thread where it is discussed and it will give you some idea of what makes it better.

Comment

Any members was able to play 4K video on Youtube. The highest resolution I am able to choose is 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon138 View Post
                        Any members was able to play 4K video on Youtube. The highest resolution I am able to choose is 1080p.
                        There are very few devices that will play Youtube at 4K so not something that is likely to come to these low cost boxes.

Comment

Working on a ATV rom that I have 4k YouTube working. Hopefully release soon.
                          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi all, I'm waiting for my TX5 Pro being delivered and I've started reading this forum on the firmware updates.
                            As I think I will have to update the box, I'm just wondering which tools I need and which is the exact last official firmware I can install.

My questions:

1. Is the OTA file in the first post of this thread (the latest official firmware version I can flash? If not can you link the right file?

2. Do I have to install the previous august update (if my firmware is older)? Or I can go straight to the October version?

3. How can I safely flash it? Is the update apk already installed in the TX5 Pro?
                            4. If from PC, do I need any PC tools? can you please post the link?
                            5. Depending on the answers above, how do I flash it step by step?

I'm not a newbie but I don't want to kill my box on the first update attempt. Thank you a lot!

Comment

GeekBuying_Rep Geekbuying Service Repre

I found an issue in the current Android 6.0.1 version in my Tanix TX5 pro.

Normally an app which is developed for Android 6 based on at least API level 21 should get automatically rights for drawing on other apps.

The Tanix Android version does NOT do this. Each time you install a new app, or update an app which needs these rights, you need to deactivate them on other apps before you can use it.
                              This issue happens only with the TX5 pro as far as I could verify...

This annoying issue needs a quick fix please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beppemila View Post
                                Hi all, I'm waiting for my TX5 Pro being delivered and I've started reading this forum on the firmware updates.
                                As I think I will have to update the box, I'm just wondering which tools I need and which is the exact last official firmware I can install.

My questions:

1. Is the OTA file in the first post of this thread (the latest official firmware version I can flash? If not can you link the right file?

2. Do I have to install the previous august update (if my firmware is older)? Or I can go straight to the October version?

3. How can I safely flash it? Is the update apk already installed in the TX5 Pro?
                                4. If from PC, do I need any PC tools? can you please post the link?
                                5. Depending on the answers above, how do I flash it step by step?

I'm not a newbie but I don't want to kill my box on the first update attempt. Thank you a lot!
                                Hello All,

Please refer to below answer

1.No,the link you posted was tx5 pro sd card firmware.You should according to our blog link using sd card root it and can't support OTA.

This is the firmware from our blog http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

2. Yes,you can install the previous firmware or latest October version directly.It's up to you.

3. At first,I want to tell you that all of the Root has a risk.If there is no use for the inconvenience, generally is not recommended for Root your device.As for how to Root,please refer to our blog or Freakab post.

4. Yes,our blog have.This is the link http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

5. Please refer to the link I sent to you at first point.
                                Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Working...
                                X