No announcement yet.

TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is the firmware upgrade "Uploaded on 20161012" bugged? Should I wait to upgrade?

Comment

I know Geekbuying is saying that the links to the 20161012 firmware for the TX5 Pro is the latest. That is not true. When I received my unit I did an OTA update and got a later version than the 20160909 (which the 20161012 really is). And that update hides the notification bar and everything. Sadly I had to reinstall the firmware and now I can't get that version installed at all!!!

Not a happy customer, I know there is a later firmware that works better and has the functions like HDMI CEC settings and hide notification bar.
      Please provide it!

Comment

Friend just received Tanix TX5 pro from gearbest about 1 week ago and device was shipped with 20161021 firmware, same as pic posted in #105
        Cannot find any download or information relating to this release.
        Hoping to see if any WiFi issues are fixed..

Comment

Originally posted by bosman View Post
          Friend just received Tanix TX5 pro from gearbest about 1 week ago and device was shipped with 20161021 firmware, same as pic posted in #105
          Cannot find any download or information relating to this release.
          Hoping to see if any WiFi issues are fixed..
          Do you think he can do a nandroid backup and provide the image for us to install from?
          He can reset the device first to remove everything personal.

Would be so nice!

Comment

would be nice joq3 but he not very technical... I want to see changelog of bug fixes first..

Comment

I just solved it. This is how you get to the latest available firmware for the TX5 Pro (20161108):
              1. Download the SD Upgrade 20160809 (inside the zip the firmware should be 20160813).
              2. Flash this as usual with SD flashing.
              3. Boot up and start UPDATE&BACKUP and do an OTA update.
              4. Enjoy 20161108 firmware on your TX5 Pro!

Comment

thanks joq3 - will give it a go when I get a chance..

Comment

thanks joq3 - that worked, was already on 20160813 and update was only 80meg and whole process including reboot took about 10 minutes. still didn't resolve wifi issue..

Comment

problem with Wi-Fi. Module fn-link 8223a-sr. Somebody Put the firmware yourself

Comment

Originally posted by BERT8585 View Post
                      problem with Wi-Fi. Module fn-link 8223a-sr. Somebody Put the firmware yourself
                      ???

Comment

Look at http://disq.us/p/1duub95 ... This should be firmware for Tanix TX5 pro with Qualcomm QCA9377 WiFi chipset (SD card version TX5pro-9377-p212-ota-20161026.zip). This should fix the WiFi issue, but was not tested.

Comment

Does the tx5 pro have different wifi chips? The only problem i have had with wifi, with newer firmware has been drops in strength but not a major drop.

Comment

I think the newer tx5pro has different wifi hardware? My stock firmware is 1021 then i try to flash other firmware. Wifi is gone. Good thing i have nand backup. I have tried different rom even custom rom wifi dont work, only 1021 firmware works.

Comment

Yes, different WiFi chipset on motherboard. I flashed firmware from my link above (#131) and my wifi works like a charm!

I had another WiFi problem before. My WiFi MAC was 02:00:00..... and wifi cannot be enabled, but now it works great with correct firmware for my WiFi chipset QCA9377
                              Last edited by Hybo; 11-22-2016, 19:32.

Comment

I was gonna try the firmware but afraid to now. My wifi works so i was thinking it my not with the firmware from 131.

Comment

Working...
                                X