No announcement yet.

TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have installed Kodi 17 in Win 10 , and I like the graphic environment ( since I am new to Kodi , now I am starting to understand the '' inside '' of it ) .

Looking around the internet , I see people telling good thing for the 17 version , and from what I understood , whether I like it or not , in the near future will have to update , in order to be able to find content .

That's why I was thinking that since I am ''new'' to Kodi , maybe is better to update now and learn the new build instead of ''fixing'' everything up first and later ( after an update ) to have to ''fix'' everything from scratch again .

Any thoughts on this ?

Comment

Try both and see which does what you want the best.

There is no better way to know that you try the various options out yourself to see what suits best and where the pitfalls are.

Windows 10 is comprehensively supported by Kodi devs but they are without the expertise that they have been calling out for on Android.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I've got 17.1 running on two TX5 Pros without any issues. 17 seems to have had mixed reviews. but for me it works well, seems much more stable, and the interface is more logical (and prettier, even with the default Estuary skin).

Comment

its okay but if your playing 4k and using passthrough kodi 17 needs to be modded to work for that

Comment

There seems to be a newer update for the 9377 that's listed on the Geekbuying site.

I was hoping to find one for my 6255 chip box but no luck.

I obviously can't test it so users with 9377 try with caution

Date of Firmware is 06/01/2017:
            https://www.entertainmentbox.com/tan...ware-download/

Or here also:

Thought I'd post if people haven't gotten the update.
            Last edited by m1tch3m; 04-05-2017, 13:05. Reason: Additional download link

Comment

Thanks m1tch3m
              Just downloading. Update will be done on the weekend.
              Unfortunately there are again no release notes.We´ll see what has been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
                Thanks m1tch3m
                Just downloading. Update will be done on the weekend.
                Unfortunately there are again no release notes.We´ll see what has been changed.
                No problem!

Let me know if you notice any changes

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                  Hi Guys
                  TX5Pro suddenly refuses to power on at all.
                  Stuck in standby with red light only.

Does anyone know what the log means? See Pastebin.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Tried every method including start usb burning tool then insert usb.
                  It is immediately recognised always stops at 7% with the same error.
                  Always red light. Never goes to Blue light.
                  No idea what the error means.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	631708

I know your post is a bit old. But i had the same issue and fixed the box. Basically reflowed the board. And to my surprise it works now perfectly fine. it boots up normally and i could flash the firmware as well. I guess a solder joint broke.

Comment

Originally posted by earchant View Post

I know your post is a bit old. But i had the same issue and fixed the box. Basically reflowed the board. And to my surprise it works now perfectly fine. it boots up normally and i could flash the firmware as well. I guess a solder joint broke.
                    Reflowed the Board ?? Heat Gun ?? Solder joint where did you solder. I had 5 of these in 1 batch go bad. 1 of them i could flash firmware but after a while the box got stuck on red light again
                    Last edited by kostaman; 05-06-2017, 07:07.

Comment

Reflowed the Board ?? Heat Gun ?? Solder joint where did you solder. I had 5 of these in 1 batch go bad. 1 of them i could flash firmware but after a while the box got stuck on red light again
                      Just used a heat gun. Back to how the temp fix was for the 360/ps3 lol. Booted up no problem

Comment

Originally posted by earchant View Post

Just used a heat gun. Back to how the temp fix was for the 360/ps3 lol. Booted up no problem
                        You heated what areas on the Board ? Any details roughly on your steps / method would be good.

Comment

You heated what areas on the Board ? Any details roughly on your steps / method would be good.

Heated the whole board for about a minute to avoid the board bending from heat in one area (500degrees). Then I did a circular pattern going around the board for about 3 min focusing on the flash memory for about 15 seconds at a time.

Pretty sure the error is due to flash memory. You'll start smelling the solder knowing it's being reflowed. After its done let it cool completely before touching or moving it.

Pretty standard. Just remeber this is prob only temp fix and heat gun isn't technically a proper reflow machine.

Comment

I repaired some boards in our small Pizza oven on the balkony.
                            240°C (~460°F) for 10 minutes and cool down for 1 hour. Works great. But I use a microcontroller temp sensor to make sure that the temperatur deviation is as small as possible.

You need to remove all plastic parts, the cooler fan (if there is one) and the heatsink paste on the CPU.

Comment

Lol. I got to try them both steps. I got 5 tx5 pro,s. With red light problems. Thx. For info.

Comment

Heat gun worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X