Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yatoya View Post
    For all of you who have OTA error. This is the newest update 20161108
    Status bar is finally hiding and some x265 10 bit videos now play flawless in SPMC without amlogic codec enabled. No green screen anymore
    Flash it via build in update app. Let me know if it works.
    how do update with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Idnom View Post

how do update with this one?
      Works only with 20160813 firmware.
      Use method from post #125 and #153

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post
        This is my first Android box, never had one before.
        It shipped with firmware 20160805, and then I upgraded to 20160813.
        I passed some hours messing with it and I found that, while the s905x CPU is 64bit capable, the operating system is 32bit, not taking full advantage of the CPU power. Just check in the /system/build.prop file:
        Code:
        ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
        ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
        ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
        I noticed that the Android System WebView (package com.android.webview) in the system is almost a year old (version 44.0.2403.119) and this could be a security problem. So I disabled the integrated package and installed the updated version (52.0.2743.98) from the Play Store, but it count as a different package (com.android.google.webview) and is ignored by the system (you can check this by going to http://www.useragentstring.com/ with the default browser and reading the version in use, that is still the old one). The only solution to fix this is to use a Xposed module. So I searched how to installed Xposed Framework without custom recovery and found the following way in this same forum:
        0 - TWRP recovery available, so you can install it and flash the Xposed SDK zip file from there. If you don't want to install TWRP you can read further;
        1 - be sure to have root (stock and custom ROMs for TX5 pro are already rooted);
        2 - download and install the Xposed Installer apk from the official thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811
        3 - download the latest SDK zip from the official site: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/ and leave the file in the Download folder;
        4 - download the attached file and leave it in the Download folder: xposed.txt
        5 - install a terminal emulator from the Store if you don't have it already;
        6 - open the terminal and type su, then type sh /sdcard/Download/xposed.txt and finally type reboot;
        With Xposed installed, a lot more of modding is possible.

I further customized the ROM:
        - applied the Enter button fix as explained above by bluesmanuk and disabled the AOSP keyboard, so the only keyboard in the system will be the physical one;
        - removed the orrible Oranth default launcher and changed it with Simple TV Launcher;
        - removed the Camera app, totally useless in a TV box;
        - removed from /system/ other not useful apps (for my needs, like Mobdro, Netflix, the default file manager, OpenWnn Japanese keyboard, the Kodi customization zip, etc.) and put instead other useful apps (like Ace Stream Engine, Sop to Http and XMTV Player, a better file manager, etc.).
        - to disable system apps that you don't use but you don't want to remove definitively, you can use System application manager. This little app can do many other things, but it's not fully tested for use with Marshmallow, so other functions could not work well.

I tested briefly also the Frankenstein firmware by prahjister and I didn't found it much different than the stock firmware. He put Nova Launcher as an alternative launcher to Oranth, but I find that Zen Launcher is more suitable than Nova for use with remote controls.

EDIT: I just found a TWRP recovery that can be installed on TX5 Pro (thanks Team devdigitel) and seems to work fine at the moment for me:

To install it, copy the .img file in the microSD card, rename the file to recovery.img and put it in the TX5. Power off the box, keep pressed the button inside the little hole under the box and power on. TWRP should start but you must install it if you don't want to repeat this procedure each time.
        In TWRP first swipe to allow system modifications, then go to Install button. On the left side go up a level until you cannot go further and select external_sd, then on the right side click on Install Image and finally click in the middle recovery.img that appeared. Finally, install it on the recovery partition, not on the boot partition or you could brick your device.
        To simplify the access to the recovery, you could install an app like Quick Reboot that can reboot to recovery without hassle.

Now we just need an arm64 version of android...
        Newly shipped boxes like mine with specs below do not boot into recovery when using toothpick method, they just freeze on the boot up animation.

Be aware there are 3 versions of the box with different wifi modules and different firmware.
        See links below for further information.
        My box will not boot into recovery with the renamed TWRP image on SD Card.

TX5 PRO Amlogic S905X 2GB+16GB

Firmware version : 26th October 2016. Android 6.0.1

Hi All, I think a dedicated topic for all Tanix Tx5 Pro owner is a good idea :) I'm new owner of this box... and i have install LE with a little difficulty and I succeeded thanks to this forum on kostaman…

7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.009 [URL:https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/tree/7.0.2.009] Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux-amlogic-le at ffa3f8ce0d0e00a4549df13a0f65eab6112db1e7…

Comment

26th October 2016. Android 6.0.1
          and the latest update, or there are other updates

Comment

Hello to all, Today I installed after it bought the app DroidMote Server, when I go to start it, it tells me that my device does not have the root? How can I make the root? He must have already 'of his factory and maybe you' taken off with some updating? I await your instructions on how to solve

Comment

There is a new version on the Geekbuying blog, upload date December 16th, file date November 21st. It's only for the version with the 9377 wifi chip. The blog explains how to check the version based on the box serial number.

The page is at: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

This version is for flashing from a PC. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Comment

TX5 PRO 20161108 UPDATE

does this update can fix my problem? I still have the option to return this TX5 Pro til Dec 9 but I really want to have this one, is my unit defective?
                Try xanny's firmware all ur problems gone...I have nexbox and similars problems past 3 months and I try every update but in vain in the last option I try xanny's Rom and all problems gone no more freeze lagging audio tick sounds,,,

Comment

Originally posted by rajawaqas View Post

Try xanny's firmware all ur problems gone...I have nexbox and similars problems past 3 months and I try every update but in vain in the last option I try xanny's Rom and all problems gone no more freeze lagging audio tick sounds,,,
                  where can i get that? thanks!

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Idnom;n616833]

where can i get that? thanks![/QUOTE XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Comment

Originally posted by tim1 View Post
                        There is a new version on the Geekbuying blog, upload date December 16th, file date November 21st. It's only for the version with the 9377 wifi chip. The blog explains how to check the version based on the box serial number.

The page is at: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

This version is for flashing from a PC. I'll try it out tomorrow.
                        how was it?

Comment

[QUOTE=rajawaqas;n616842]

where can i get that? thanks![/QUOTE XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.
                          will try this if the new one will not work on me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	616992

how was it?
                            Haven't installed it successfully yet. It gets as far as "Download system 78%" Click image for larger version

Views:	190
ID:	616991 and fails.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Views:	162
ID:	616992

Haven't installed it successfully yet. It gets as far as "Download system 78%" Click image for larger version

Views:	190
ID:	616991 and fails.
                              I eventually got it to install. Initially it seems stable and runs smoothly. I'm hoping it will have cured the wifi speed dropping off. I'll post if I run into any issues.

Again, this is 20161121 from Geekbuying for Tanix TX5 Pro with 9377 wifi.

Comment

I eventually got it to install. Initially it seems stable and runs smoothly. I'm hoping it will have cured the wifi speed dropping off. I'll post if I run into any issues.

Again, this is 20161121 from Geekbuying for Tanix TX5 Pro with 9377 wifi.
                                I got this running too, but it still lags in Kodi but faster response in remote.

Comment

Working...
                                X