TX5 Pro Official Stock Firmwares, updates and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yatoya View Post
    This is weird. Well, I guess joq3 method is the only way to update. Go back to 20160813 and update with working OTA.
    OK so I have downgraded to the 20160813 via SD (had to use a different SD Card) then OTA and I am now on the latest build 20161108

Noted that the GOOGLE PLAY STORE install is still 6.7.13.E-All [0] 2920566 and still cant be updated

KODI 17 BETA seems ok

WIFI and Ethernet network connections both working (mine is one of the original generation boxes, never had WIFI issues)

So Far so good....

PS Anyone got an Eweat EW802/EW812???

Comment

My box has leave China at the beginning of October.
      I'm not sure but I think it came with 20160813 firmware and I updated it immediately to 20160909 which had broken OTA update.
      Is there a way to check which WiFi chip does it have?
      Guys, did you try joq3 method? I know it takes some time but it's worth it.
      I'm not sure on how to unless you open it I think? I'm guessing you have the first version like me.

Have you got a link to the 20160813 firmware? I can't seem to find that firmware to install...

Comment

Originally posted by m1tch3m View Post

I'm not sure on how to unless you open it I think? I'm guessing you have the first version like me.

Have you got a link to the 20160813 firmware? I can't seem to find that firmware to install...
        There you go. Link from the first post of this topic:

TX5PRO_p212_20160813
        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

or
        http://www.mediafire.com/file/gdvzce...2_20160813.zip
        (unzip first)

Put those three files to SD Card root and flash it.
        After instalation go back to update app, check for updates and the 20161108 update will download.
        Everything is working fine. WiFi signal is strong. I didn't test bluetooth.
        Last edited by yatoya; 11-25-2016, 18:55.

Comment

There you go. Link from the first post of this topic:

TX5PRO_p212_20160813
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

or
          http://www.mediafire.com/file/gdvzce...2_20160813.zip
          (unzip first)

Put those three files to SD Card root and flash it.
          After instalation go back to update app, check for updates and the 20161108 update will download.
          Everything is working fine. WiFi signal is strong. I didn't test bluetooth.
          Oops, I searched the web and didn't think to check to see what firmwares were on the first post.

Thanks for the links and guide

Comment

Starting to give up on this box...

Rebooted in to recovery from 20160909 with the Reboot app.

It tried to install 20160813 but failed...

Wiped data as well as cache then tried from the option in the recovery to update from memory card. Same failed message.

Now for the life of me I can't get this box to boot to the recovery...

I hold the reset pin down, plug the power in and it just stays on the S905X splash screen (the first one that appears when you turn it on).

No matter how long I hold the reset button for it always stays on that screen and appears to freeze...?

Any suggestions anyone?

ralphup - what process did you use to downgrade to 20160813 exactly with the SD card?

Thanks all!

UPDATE

I booted back in to 20160909 and used the UPDATE&BACKUP app to reinstall 20160813.

Was then able to use the same app to upgrade to 20161108

Just writing it just in case anyone encounters the same problem i had.

Still haven't worked out the reset button boot problem though. Just hope the box never gets bricked? :/
            Last edited by m1tch3m; 11-26-2016, 00:02.

Comment

Check your sd card and make sure its properly formated and remove it and folllow same process if you end up in recovery. Your sd card is not done properly reload it.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

UPDATE

I booted back in to 20160909 and used the UPDATE&BACKUP app to reinstall 20160813.

Was then able to use the same app to upgrade to 20161108

Just writing it just in case anyone encounters the same problem i had.

Still haven't worked out the reset button boot problem though. Just hope the box never gets bricked? :/
                Yeah, recovery can be tricky sometimes It's safer to use update app.
                It took me over two weeks to setup the box the way I want. I had all sorts of problems. Kodi force close, sharing problems (couldn't access folders on Windows), the remote control didn't always work for some reason and all videos where out if sync.
                I really recommend to use SPMC instead of Kodi. Change the skin first because the default is tragic.
                Also switch to expert in SPMC settings. Turn off amlogic hardware acceleration and play with the rest of the settings. It's rock stable and smooth.
                It was definitely worth to buy this box but it takes time to configure it properly.

Comment

for the firmware to the SD-card is not necessary to press the reset button on the bottom, and it is necessary to press the menu button on the remote a lot many times, then go download firmware. the manufacturer introduced the change.

Comment

Hi where's the ota file stored? I have twrp so have to locate the file, thanks.

Comment

This is weird. Well, I guess joq3 method is the only way to update. Go back to 20160813 and update with working OTA.
                      Yes, exactly. I tried everything, and the only way to use the latest OTA is to downgrade to 20160813 and then update via the OTA update (which works on 20160813).

I'm having a problem though, I can't get AC3 audio to play. Using Plex with a video that has 5.1 AC3 and my speakers connected with a 3,5mm directly to the box I get no sound at all when the audio is AC3, everything else seems to work, playing through Youtube etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post

Yes, exactly. I tried everything, and the only way to use the latest OTA is to downgrade to 20160813 and then update via the OTA update (which works on 20160813).

I'm having a problem though, I can't get AC3 audio to play. Using Plex with a video that has 5.1 AC3 and my speakers connected with a 3,5mm directly to the box I get no sound at all when the audio is AC3, everything else seems to work, playing through Youtube etc.
                        same here. The only way i found to play ac3 audio is to use mxplayer with custom codec from this link

https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ). Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I...

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post

same here. The only way i found to play ac3 audio is to use mxplayer with custom codec from this link

https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ). Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I...
                          What version are you on? Maybe it's broken on the latest update? MXPlayer doesn't really help when using Plex. All my media is there.
                          Is there any way to put codecs from working S905X units to our TX5 Pro. Like extracting it from Xiaomi Mi Box (international version).

Comment

As far as I know Plex does not have build in AC3 codec. No codec = no sound.
                            Use KODI or SPMC (it's basically KODI with few tweaks).
                            KODI is pre-installed with our box. It will play almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post

What version are you on? Maybe it's broken on the latest update? MXPlayer doesn't really help when using Plex. All my media is there.
                              Is there any way to put codecs from working S905X units to our TX5 Pro. Like extracting it from Xiaomi Mi Box (international version).
                              Im on the latest firmware 1108. Yatoya is right. Use kodi and add the plex plug in. Kodi will play ur media from plex and u should have sound that way.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post

Im on the latest firmware 1108. Yatoya is right. Use kodi and add the plex plug in. Kodi will play ur media from plex and u should have sound that way.
                                That's to bad, cause I like the official Plex app (for android tv). I actually have a Mi Box (international version), it uses the same processor and specs are similar to the TX5 Pro. Is it possible to extract the codecs from this unit and put it in the TX5 Pro? Like extracting the default videoplayer from the Mi Box?

I have seen that the Frankenstein mod for TX5 Pro has some kind of AC3 Passthrough fix. Is this an AC3 fix (for fixing no sound via the 3,5mm output) or a passthrough fix to fix problems with AC3 audio via Kodi and HDMI sound?

Comment

Working...
                                X