Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ioadam01 View Post

Any news about its update? Do you know if they work or not?
    You mean OTA update?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

How goes them Pictures of the innards, let's see what makes this unit tick.

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You mean OTA update?
        Yeah, sorry, I miss it

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          How goes them Pictures of the innards, let's see what makes this unit tick.
          I can't get the box open at the moment and have bleeding fingers from trying so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ioadam01 View Post

Yeah, sorry, I miss it
            There are no updates as yet and whether there will be any real over the air ones we will just have to see but there are many other boxes that promise OTA but don't deliver, so we shall just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I can't get the box open at the moment and have bleeding fingers from trying so far.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	605929 Click image for larger version

Name:	hammer.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	605930

Would you like me to send you a care package...
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n605929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605930[/ATTACH]

Much better than old credit cards and kitchen utensils.

Comment

5 bucks should do the job, even cheaper if you look harder
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	605936
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

5 bucks should do the job, even cheaper if you look harder
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605936[/ATTACH]
                    I've got most of them, in one form or another.

Just considering the blow torch method to expand the plastic just enough.

Comment

yup been here before...
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        yup been here before...
                        I will beat it.

Dog with bone.

Comment

Gave up on trying to get it apart.

Trying to get something as thin as a razor blade between the plastic is hard enough and as soon as I heard the cracking of plastic I knew it was time yo abandon things before it became damaged.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n605929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605930[/ATTACH]

Those are the tools that I use.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I have always been taught, NEVER force it, get a bigger hammer.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

WiFi

I've been using it today using only WiFi and with my router less than 2 feet from the box.

5Ghz

Performance was surprisingly good, to the point where it maxed out on all the tests and I had to check that I had actually removed the ethernet cable.

Streaming from my NAS was smooth, right through pretty much all files, with the exception of a tiny few that do have some small amount of buffering here and there but which also have the same effect on every other box that I have used.

It certainly beats the Acemax and Yundoo equivalents in this respect although to be fair, they are also very good.

2.4Ghz

Performance was fairly typical. Most things that would be considered as realistic use performed well. Just the very high end stuff where you will find buffering, as would be the case for any other box.

General Internet streaming though, was as smooth as you would expect.

WiFi Mileage on both channels of course may vary dependent upon distances from routers and other obstacles to a clean signal.

General use

So having used it consistently for a while now I did find that both Kodi and SPMC would have the stopped working issue seen before on similar boxes, regardless of what codecs were selected but neither would crash when playing anything. Only when exiting (not every time) nut often when pausing a video for a couple of minutes to make a cuppa. So a bug fix required here.

Heat wise, I cannot really get it to go beyond 58C (according to the temps reported, which may not necessarily be accurate) and to the touch, the box never gets more than luke warm and have never had any form of issues or crashes that could be attributed to overheating. Considering that the box has no real escape route for heat, it does make me wonder whether they really produce enough in the first place to even warrant concerns.

It handles basic game play just as well as any other box in it's category.

We just wait now for AMLogic to provide the necessary SDK additions, bug fixes and GPU optimisations, which should then allow the S912 boxes across the board to fulfill their potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X