Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great.

What were the crapped out firmware issues?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Api and build prop ref 905x look at prop
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

905x?

That sounds odd.

But if it works, who cares.

Comment

Now here is something strange.

Having verified that for streaming, 5Ghz WiFi had virtually zero buffering and 2.4Ghz only a little with files that you would expect it to have, I carried out the same 1Gb file test but this time from my Gigabit connected NAS and got these results.

WiFi 5Ghz - 3 pass average 6m 0s

WiFi 2.4Ghz - 3 pass average 3m 59s

Gigabit Ethernet - 3 pass average 1m 7s

2.4Ghz better than 5Ghz.

Now there is a head scratcher.

If I had a copy of the Alfawise Firmware I'd be testing the GT1 firmware but until it comes alone, I'll stick with it for now as it works very well.

Comment

Arrived yesterday, really great box. No problems at all (I don't have a 4K TV), very smooth, good web browsing and cool temperature (it stays about 50/55°).
            The most interesting thing is the antenna reception, really strong for a box like this.
            Also the OTA update are a news, it's important a kind of support from the warehouse.

It's all for now, I suggest you to buy this box, seems really stable for an AMlogic s912.

Comment

Remote works,fw is same with different launcher?

Comment

I not try remote yet. Ill put battery in and try but that just copy config file from stock...

Bahahahahaha. Even remote works so copy good. Thats halirious.

And just tested beta 5 and 16 both work. No issues.
                Last edited by scooter2014; 11-05-2016, 13:48.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Flashed the GT1 firmware (use 9377, not 6255) and it is exactly the same firmware as the S92 (with the latest OTA update) just with different boot animation, launcher and model identification settings.

Everything works exactly as before (including the odd SPMC/Kodi 16 'Unfortunately has stopped' message).

WiFi an Ethernet performance exactly as before.

At least we now have an optional firmware development to follow and something to mod when necessary.

Comment

I have ordered this box. It seems one of the best according to Redskull's Youtube review. It has a score of more than 41000 in the antutu test.

Comment

Bought that two days before, this seems the right box for s912, think with the latest firmware this box seems perfect. DTS n DD with Kodi.
                      REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsFnEA3XYE

Comment

I think someone does not have to buy an expensive box thinking that it will be a better one .

I have a Rickomgic mk68 which is more than 95 us dollars and mini m8s which is only 32 US dollars .

The mk68 suffers from stuttering and it does not have a smooth UI and I am not able to install Xposed framework on it . While mini m8s just works fine KODI,Youtube and Xposed but it has bad WiFi but this is not a problem for me because it is connected by cable .

Comment

I wanted to spend less money for a TV box (~30$) but when I saw this box I bought it immediately. I saw many many videos and reviews about s905x and s912 chipset and heard about issues on almost every box, even the ones with the community support (wifi signal, audio passthrough, lack of navigation bar, not optimised firmware) but this seems to be perfect "out the box" and has better price. It's a benefit that has the same MB with the Beelink GT1, so the better firmware for both devices should do the trick. But I am very happy that this will work without the problems I mentioned before, as I want, directly when I got this plugged in my TV.

Comment

These are practically same price as beelink GT1 on gearbest.
                            Im guessing the GT1 is clearly the better choice with more established vendor and support through FW updates.

What pros of this box am I missing over GT1 ?

Comment

It is not the same price and before was 10$ or more (when I bought two days before). Alfawise is already on 106 version of Firmware and seems (and I say seems from what I saw from reviews, I do not own the device) that everything is as it should be. More about your last question, try Beelink forum.
                              Last edited by johnickz; 11-16-2016, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar5kid View Post
                                These are practically same price as beelink GT1 on gearbest.
                                Im guessing the GT1 is clearly the better choice with more established vendor and support through FW updates.

What pros of this box am I missing over GT1 ?
                                From what I have been seeing in reviews. This box plays DTS and Dolby Digital properly in KODI. While GT1 does not. GT1 only plays them properly in its special video player.

Comment

Working...
                                X