Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kinezos View Post
    Hello everybody, just few days before i bought from Gearbest the box, i've dove very easy all the updates, firmware and Kodi, but i have this huge problem. Whenever i plug in a USB hard drive it says that is corrupted and gives me the option to erase it so it can use it. I have also another box and the hard disk works fine. Does anybody had this problem?
    What Android version is running on the other box?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

My Wi-Fi antenna mod

this is an antenna from a Spectrum DX-4e/DX-5 2.4GHz r/c radio.
      I drilled a small hole through the case for the wire and 3/8" of the small antenna support that sticks out the bottom of the black outer casing. Currently the outer casing is simply epoxied to the case. I do believe their is room for a small chromed screw or two to hold the base firmly to the upper case.

the hardest part was marking the hole so the offset internal casing and outer casing aligned well in the corner. This is not really even difficult as there is a good bit of room under the base to enlarge the hole if needed.
      I wish I would have got a shot from the bottom to show the fit of the inner casing as it is pretty tight and looks much like a factory job.

these antenna mods are a good idea for almost anyone who can solder and has their router in a different area of the house.
      ideally one would want to add a small coax connection to the side of the case to accept a wide range of Wi-Fi antennas.

Edit: Test show an increase in basic signal rating from fair 2 of 5 bars to good 4 of 5 bars. I currently don't stream from my old laptop which has one of its 2 old 200gig HDDs full of movies and music from days gone by.

here is a screen shot (lol read crappy phone camera shot) of Wi-Fi analyzer I was only showing two networks in settings before mod.
      Attached Files
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

What Android version is running on the other box?
        4.4.2 is the android but i don't think is the software problem. But i'm not an expert so please if you know anything...

Comment

Originally posted by kinezos View Post

4.4.2 is the android but i don't think is the software problem. But i'm not an expert so please if you know anything...
          I have seen a similar problem with Marshmallow.

Format the drive again with the box and see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I have seen a similar problem with Marshmallow.

Format the drive again with the box and see if that resolves the issue.
            All the hard disks i tried, asked me to format them, a lot of trouble to erase one pfffff but i believe this is the problem, i hope maybe in an update to fix this

Comment

Nai kineze, I had this problem, I believe that this happens only to usb sticks that their file system is been corrupted due to not using the safe abolishment of the os. Try to copy all the files and then format the usb when S92 asks you. For me the problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by aelfc(larissa) View Post
                Nai kineze, I had this problem, I believe that this happens only to usb sticks that their file system is been corrupted due to not using the safe abolishment of the os. Try to copy all the files and then format the usb when S92 asks you. For me the problem solved.
                Euxaristw aderfe

Comment

So this is i think the newest .img for s92 that i got here from user Gearbest: https://mega.nz/#!akAgEIpQ!sf2vQ15hr...vQKdaLuMuR495Y its S92_109M0.img
                  So i just download it on my box and manually update from box ?

Comment

Originally posted by inkognito3 View Post
                    So this is i think the newest .img for s92 that i got here from user Gearbest: https://mega.nz/#!akAgEIpQ!sf2vQ15hr...vQKdaLuMuR495Y its S92_109M0.img
                    You flash an image using the USB burning tool.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/freaktab-tools-utulities-collection/583686-usb-burn-tool-2-0-7

Comment

Originally posted by inkognito3 View Post
                      After you update with this rom, you take another OTA into ver.111

Comment

Hello. There is a fix for updating the system. Changing build.prop (service.bootvideo = 1 from 0) will result in getting the message "your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled!". Change back the value from 1 to 0 and then just update. The path is: Local-device-system-build.prop

Comment

Originally posted by diaconusm View Post
                          Hello. There is a fix for updating the system. Changing build.prop (service.bootvideo = 1 from 0) will result in getting the message "your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled!". Change back the value from 1 to 0 and then just update. The path is: Local-device-system-build.prop
                          Omg its works, thanks so after all updates brightness is good or we have to change it back again to bootvideo=1 ?

Edit: yes we have to change it back to bootvideo=1 just tried it
                          Last edited by inkognito3; 03-05-2017, 11:09.

Comment

Just try it. In my case the brightness is good. For safety make a copy for build.prop.

Comment

The old trick for the brightness was to play a 4k video for some seconds. If you edit the bootvideo value to 1 , makes the same resault like the 4k video or playing the 4k make the box more brighter?

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post
                                The old trick for the brightness was to play a 4k video for some seconds. If you edit the bootvideo value to 1 , makes the same resault like the 4k video or playing the 4k make the box more brighter?
                                Editing bootvideo is just like playing 4k video. It makes box brighter. I have downloaded some black scale numbers and it is brighter/fixes color

Comment

Working...
                                X