No announcement yet.

Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to change my build.prop back to bootvideo=0, so I could try the latest OTA firmware update. No dice. For some reason build.prop's entire file system changed to read-only. The file itself still has RW attributes. WTF? How did entire filesystem change to read-only? I've done nothing but OTA and the build.prop change all along.

Comment

Do this: open es file explorer-enable ”root explorer”-then open build.prop with es note editor to modify bootvideo line-exit. The program will ask you if you want to save or not the modified file.

Comment

Originally posted by diaconusm View Post
        Do this: open es file explorer-enable ”root explorer”-then open build.prop with es note editor to modify bootvideo line-exit. The program will ask you if you want to save or not the modified file.
        Thanks. That was how I changed the bootvideo line to 1 in the first place. Now I get an error because the entire file system is mounted as read-only.

I'm stumped as to how/why/when the entire file system changed from read-write to read-only. I scanned it with Norton mobile security. I wonder if Norton made the change?

Comment

If you wish i can send you my build.prop file.....it`s unaltered. Anyway you can do a factory reset to see if the file can be modified.

Comment

I remounted root and system as rw, changed the build.prop file back to original, and rebooted - only to be stuck each boot at the Android logo. I gave up and manually flashed S92_109MO. After that OTA works. When I'm done evaluating the factory FW as baseline, I think I'll switch to Superceleron's better firmware.

Comment

I have tried SC previous v7 and latest firmware on my s92 with a S/N starting H912 and found that the ethernet would not work. Says connected and gets allocated an IP address but doesnt work. Anyone else have this issue? Works fine on standard firmware.

Comment

So far the S92 has had the same Wi-Fi chip (clone of GT1 S912 Ser. #) regardless of serial or build date.
                How strong of a Wi-Fi signal are you getting at in settings when you connect?

Comment

Update - download V8B and installed it with boot SD. Strangely the ethernet works this time. Didnt last 2 times I tried it with V7 and V8!! Oh well - dont know why but it works now.

Last edited by sesdave; 03-09-2017, 06:26.

Comment

I just received my Alfawise unit with firmware S92_103M0. All is running fine. Is it safe and reliable to upgrade OTA?

Comment

The OTA updates should work fine, as long as you did not edit your build.prop file (to compensate the dark video problem).

Comment

I own this box since yesterday.
                        Already did 3 updates, i'm quite happy with the support Alfawise has shown!!

My problem is that i cant play DTS audio with MX player, i tried with some 'custom codec' i found on XDa, but it didnt work

Do we have any options?

Comment

Originally posted by gorditogr View Post
                          I own this box since yesterday.
                          Already did 3 updates, i'm quite happy with the support Alfawise has shown!!

My problem is that i cant play DTS audio with MX player, i tried with some 'custom codec' i found on XDa, but it didnt work

Do we have any options?
                          Do you have HDMI passthrough to to on in the settings?

Make sure that the custom codec is the correct one for the version of MX Player that you are using (when detected in the download folder, MX Player should alert you and ask if you wish to use it).

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Do you have HDMI passthrough to to on in the settings?

Make sure that the custom codec is the correct one for the version of MX Player that you are using (when detected in the download folder, MX Player should alert you and ask if you wish to use it).
                            Ι don't see a such option about pssthrough in my box settings.
                            There is a 'Digital sounds' option and i have set that on HDMI. I guess that's the one.
                            After setting that option, i can hear a very brief sound when audio should start playing and then nothing.

MX Player says that i should use ARMv7 NEON codec.

I downloaded a such app from Playstore, it did nothing.
                            I downloaded a mx_neon_1.8.6.zip from XDA, MX says it cant use it.

Videos and audio play fine on 16.1 Kodi but MX cant play audio at all.
                            BSplayer can play audio but not video. If i change decoder settings, it plays video, but no audio.

Comment

Originally posted by gorditogr View Post

Ι don't see a such option about pssthrough in my box settings.
                              There is a 'Digital sounds' option and i have set that on HDMI. I guess that's the one.
                              After setting that option, i can hear a very brief sound when audio should start playing and then nothing.

MX Player says that i should use ARMv7 NEON codec.

I downloaded a such app from Playstore, it did nothing.
                              I downloaded a mx_neon_1.8.6.zip from XDA, MX says it cant use it.

Videos and audio play fine on 16.1 Kodi but MX cant play audio at all.
                              BSplayer can play audio but not video. If i change decoder settings, it plays video, but no audio.
                              The ARM 7 Neon Codec from the Play Store will not enable AC3/DTS.

What version of MX Player is it?
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The ARM 7 Neon Codec from the Play Store will not enable AC3/DTS.

What version of MX Player is it?
                                Its the latest from Play store, i am not on my box now

Comment

Working...
                                X