Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

You mean you can get Plex and Emby servers running on this box???

I even tried to get Linux installed on my Beelink MiniMX3 box but had no luck. Followed the instructions that RISCyDude posted, but still could not it installed.
    I've not tried but if it helps, will see if there is anything that can be done if feasibly possible.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I've not tried but if it helps, will see if there is anything that can be done if feasibly possible.
      I would like to see how Plex and Emby work on these newer boxes running Linux. I could not get Linux installed on any of my Android boxes. My Pine64 board is the only arm board that I could get Linux to run on.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I would like to see how Plex and Emby work on these newer boxes running Linux. I could not get Linux installed on any of my Android boxes. My Pine64 board is the only arm board that I could get Linux to run on.
        Although it looks as if Linux is coming to the S912, it seems not ready for end users yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Although it looks as if Linux is coming to the S912, it seems not ready for end users yet.
          I believe you have installed Linux on some of your boxes, how did they run?
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I believe you have installed Linux on some of your boxes, how did they run?
            They have run OK as far as the basic Linux client has been concerned,

But the greatest missing link for a long time was hardware video acceleration, which now seems to gradually be becoming a thing of the past.

Comment

Duel boot boxes rock 😀
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

You managed to get into it then.

Well done.

Could not for the life of me get in without risk of breaking the casing.

Comment

Trebor says i should make video for u.... It same box as 905x m8 mini.... So i had practice. Each side and corner little clip get on it goes easy
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Honking piece of metal for heat

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Trebor says i should make video for u.... It same box as 905x m8 mini.... So i had practice. Each side and corner little clip get on it goes easy
                      I did so....
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Changed build prop to reflect availability of WiFi channels in the UK (from 11 to 13) than ran some tests transferring a 1Gb file to the box across the internet.

WiFi 5Ghz - Pass 1 3m 10s
                        Pass 2 3m 9s
                        Pass 3 3m 8s

WiFi 2.4Ghz - Pass 1 3m 9s
                        Pass 2 3m 10s
                        Pass 3 3m 9s

Gigabit Ethernet - Pass 1 3m 0s
                        Pass 2 2m 59s
                        Pass 3 3m 0s

So on average the transfer speed was just shy of 60Mbps (7.5MBps), which is the max that my ISP connection can do.

It also shows that even the slowest method of connectivity, 2,4Ghz WiFi is good enough to max out a fairly decent broadband speed.

It also indicates that the write speed to the nand seems consistent.
                        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 11-05-2016, 04:28.

Comment

Ok beelink firmware run on it wifi better and kodi no crashes looks like the copied box but crapped out sone firmware issues i test some more...

Thanks to Trebor 😀

Comment

So the GT1 firmware runs with working WiFi, Ethernet and Bluetooth without modification?

Comment

Yup even the programs at start up same only launcher different. Just loaded huge hard build that not run on many devices well working well and no crash on 16.

Comment

Working...
                              X