Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Boot to recovery, do a factory reset and then try the update again as the first thing that you do.
    Thank you for the answer!
    How do i boot to recovery? so i can't go into settings and do a Factory reset like on this picture? Click image for larger version  Name:	dadwada.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	629887

Comment

Originally posted by labalele View Post
      Thank you for the answer!
      How do i boot to recovery? so i can't go into settings and do a Factory reset like on this picture? Click image for larger version Name:	dadwada.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	629887
      Sorry, that it what I originally meant to say.

I was responding to somebody else regarding using recovery at the time and cross posted lol

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Reset did not help so im stuck on factory settings now? or do i still have the updates that i made when i first got the box? i remember i did 2 updates the first day i got the box for like 2 weeks ago?

Click image for larger version

Name:	16805324_10210877245274910_1013858053_o.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	629899

Comment

You can look at the details of the firmware in settings to see what version that you are currently with.

I stopped using the stock firmwares a while back because there is an excellent and much better custom firmware produced by FT Developer Superceleron.

So it is worth looking at installing this

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8b-rom

Comment

Okey thank you! How do i backup my android box first? with the Update&Backup app that comes with the box?
            How did you connect the box to your pc when using burning tool? s92 has no micro usb port?
            Last edited by labalele; 02-17-2017, 01:35.

Comment

Okey thank you! How do i backup my android box first? with the Update&Backup app that comes with the box?
              How did you connect the box to your pc when using burning tool? s92 has no micro usb port?
              If you are just thinking about backing up the stock firmware, then don't worry as it can be downloaded again easily.

There are 2 methods of flashing and image.

One using a USB Male A to Male A cale and the other using a micro SD card.

Details of how to use the SD card method are detailed here.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/19/how-to-create-a-bootable-recovery-sd-card-for-amlogic-tv-boxes/

Comment

Okey! perfect! then this will be my last question : Where can i find the stock firmware? Can you link it ? want to know that before i start
                thank you !!

Comment

Okey! perfect! then this will be my last question : Where can i find the stock firmware? Can you link it ? want to know that before i start
                  thank you !!
                  Stock firmware is available here

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com/608058-alfawise-s92-firmware-download

Comment

Good day
                    I have the same problem after tried the FOTA in s92. Box says that system is destroyed and wireless update is disabled. After making factory reset from settings (not twrp), the system boot up with no problem and if i try fota after,it finds the update again but i still have the above problem. So the problem is not how to flash the rom again but how to make the last update, so i will keep having fota in the future. Any idea ? If i try factory reset from twrp and then try fota again? What do you think, my friend, is happening with this OTA? the file is corrupted or something else? Because last two ota updates went fine

Comment

Please, what are the settings in usb burning tool. I am trying to flash sc rom but get error result
                      i connect s92 to a win10 laptop. I use only a usb cable and the programm says: HUB2-4 connected. I choose normal earse and erase bootloader
                      after connected to pc should be power on the box or no?
                      always stops at 96% and says: result: Uboot/Temprature Testing/Get result/out of range
                      Last edited by zenix; 02-17-2017, 10:12.

Comment

Delete
                        Last edited by deebee123; 02-17-2017, 11:28. Reason: Double post

Comment

In USB tool one of the settings on the top menu bar is Temp range.
                          Change the upper number from 40 to 60.
                          The CPU is getting up over 40 and causing the data transfer to abort.

Comment

Finally flashed. Thank you
                            only one thing. Do you recommend some special values in extra brightness\contrast settings?
                            Last edited by zenix; 02-17-2017, 12:46.

Comment

Is the h96Pr0+ the best of the boxes to get right now? I have the Beelink GT1 and its okay..ordered the 96pro+ though. I am hoping by now they have ironed out most of the issues. my gt1 runs okay and I have got it to stop crashing but I would like better support. seems like beelink doesnt really care whats wrong with their product

Comment

Haha i just did this on my alwafare s92, after boot i still ahd all my apps left, is that how it should be? now i wounder, why did i do this? whats the good thing about doing this ? tell me
                                EDIT * now i dont have sound on iptv ac3 5.1 anymore any fix for that?

EDIT* Sound works now after i enable root ? haha

Comment

Working...
                                X