Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zenix View Post

Good day
    I have the same problem after tried the FOTA in s92. Box says that system is destroyed and wireless update is disabled. After making factory reset from settings (not twrp), the system boot up with no problem and if i try fota after,it finds the update again but i still have the above problem. So the problem is not how to flash the rom again but how to make the last update, so i will keep having fota in the future. Any idea ? If i try factory reset from twrp and then try fota again? What do you think, my friend, is happening with this OTA? the file is corrupted or something else? Because last two ota updates went fine
    Yes I am well aware of what the initial problem is and the link was provided as requested, as well as a recommendation to skip stock and use something better.

A factory reset is often the cure for the damaged system message but obviously not in this instance and it may simply be the case that the manufacturers have created an issue but there may be more suggestions along from others that have experienced the same issue and may have come across other solutions.

We just have to wait and see if anybody comes in with further guidance.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hello, so same issue as zenix...that new 20.1.2017. update got me the same message
      Just fixed the brightness problem with video provided here and its all good

Othere than that box is very quick and i like it.
      Now just waiting for fix of the OTA update

Comment

Originally posted by inkognito3 View Post
        Hello, so same issue as zenix...that new 20.1.2017. update got me the same message
        Just fixed the brightness problem with video provided here and its all good

Othere than that box is very quick and i like it.
        Now just waiting for fix of the OTA update
        Ya, you can do that or flash sc rom and sleep in peace!

Comment

I think that sc rom is faster doing things like browsing and opening-close apps e.t.c
          Because of new kernel maby?
          Or its just my idea? Can you confirn?

Comment

Ya, you can do that or flash sc rom and sleep in peace!
            Gonna wait , hope someone will find some solution

Comment

I think that sc rom is faster doing things like browsing and opening-close apps e.t.c
              Because of new kernel maby?
              Or its just my idea? Can you confirn?
              SC custom is definitely faster, due to having bloat removed, and a ton of veggies, tweaks and optimizations made in various places over the span of no less than 8 versions.
              Tons of work over a long period of time ( I imagine many long nights tracing and coding out seeming phantom bugs) has went into SC's Rom. It really is a labor of love.
              Those of us who's only worry is getting a custom rom flashed onto our systems, and possibly logging and reporting any bugs owe SC and the various Devs and Mods that make all of this possible a great debt of gratitude. Not only for being so kind as to share their work, but they answer our questions, code out bugs we find, offer troubleshooting advice for anyone who asks, and put up with often unreasonable demands and expectations.
              Some one should throw a big party for the Freak Tab community, with the Owner, staff, Devs and active testers as VIP guests

just got my S92 and due to my laptop not detecting my box on USB I amcurrently on stock FW Build S92_111M0 the last OTA update was 99MB and included a new launcher layout.
              mine required 3-4 updates from new to get to 111=

looks like this was just released two days ago on 02/16, anyhow the update itself seems to be good at least when doing OTA on a bone stock freshly unboxed S92

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by deebee123 View Post

SC custom is definitely faster, due to having bloat removed, and a ton of veggies, tweaks and optimizations made in various places over the span of no less than 8 versions.
                Tons of work over a long period of time ( I imagine many long nights tracing and coding out seeming phantom bugs) has went into SC's Rom. It really is a labor of love.
                Those of us who's only worry is getting a custom rom flashed onto our systems, and possibly logging and reporting any bugs owe SC and the various Devs and Mods that make all of this possible a great debt of gratitude. Not only for being so kind as to share their work, but they answer our questions, code out bugs we find, offer troubleshooting advice for anyone who asks, and put up with often unreasonable demands and expectations.
                Some one should throw a big party for the Freak Tab community, with the Owner, staff, Devs and active testers as VIP guests

just got my S92 and due to my laptop not detecting my box on USB I amcurrently on stock FW Build S92_111M0 the last OTA update was 99MB and included a new launcher layout.
                mine required 3-4 updates from new to get to 111=

looks like this was just released two days ago on 02/16, anyhow the update itself seems to be good at least when doing OTA on a bone stock freshly unboxed S92
                I agree and we thank SC very much.
                On the other hand, are you gonna stay with stock or flash sc rom?

Comment

Where can i adress my problem with the update ? Is there official Alfawise developers or something like that ?

Comment

Wasn't trying to shame anyone or anything, I kinda went a little overboard when I got to thinking about all the time and effort that goes into each little piece of the puzzle. really that part of the post belongs in a Super Celeron Rom thread

Anyhow I am definitely gonna go with the SC rom , my laptop wouldn't pick up either of my TV boxes on USB so i went to get a micro SD card this morning. I already made a boot card.
                    I am planning to do a backup and flash SC V8b from SD tonight. I only updated stock to see if I would get the above error with a fresh box and to get an idea of what updated stock was like,
                    Last edited by deebee123; 02-19-2017, 01:06.

Comment

So after playing around there is "fix" of that error that im getting.
                      You have to go to >Settings >Apps > Click three dots and show system apps > Then go to app called System Update and delete data
                      After that im back to >About box >System update and i dont get that your system is damaged.

But again when i try to update/download update and clicking on Install now i get the same message. Tried with update later and restart, tried update later and shutdown.
                      On the othere forums they are guessing that there might be problem coz bix is rooted

Edit: also tried Factory Reset, same thing message was gone but when i tried to update i got the same system damage message when i hit install update

Comment

Originally posted by inkognito3 View Post
                        So after playing around there is "fix" of that error that im getting.
                        You have to go to >Settings >Apps > Click three dots and show system apps > Then go to app called System Update and delete data
                        After that im back to >About box >System update and i dont get that your system is damaged.

But again when i try to update/download update and clicking on Install now i get the same message. Tried with update later and restart, tried update later and shutdown.
                        On the othere forums they are guessing that there might be problem coz bix is rooted

Edit: also tried Factory Reset, same thing message was gone but when i tried to update i got the same system damage message when i hit install update
                        You can go to SC rom, or you can ask from someone that have updated with success to upload his rom img and then you can flash it. I think if you try the second option you will be able to take the future stock rom updates

Comment

You can go to SC rom, or you can ask from someone that have updated with success to upload his rom img and then you can flash it. I think if you try the second option you will be able to take the future stock rom updates
                          Thanks, great idea.
                          So if anyone have that update from 20.1.2017. I would be greatful its 107 MB i think.

Comment

How can we check if wifi is working 2.4 or 5 ghz? Can we change this?

Also , i have seen some videos, people using the airmouse playing games using it like car wheel or swinging it like ping pong
                            i have a flymote af106 airmouse and although this mouse is used like i described before, i cannot p!ay these kind of games in s92 and my tablet too.
                            i am despered. I ll be appreciate if someone knows and helps me about it. What to do? Is there some settings in the box\tablet i must manage?
                            thank you

Comment

How can we check if wifi is working 2.4 or 5 ghz? Can we change this?

Also , i have seen some videos, people using the airmouse playing games using it like car wheel or swinging it like ping pong
                              i have a flymote af106 airmouse and although this mouse is used like i described before, i cannot p!ay these kind of games in s92 and my tablet too.
                              i am despered. I ll be appreciate if someone knows and helps me about it. What to do? Is there some settings in the box\tablet i must manage?
                              thank you
                              I would be interested to know which models of the air mouse works best for this sort of thing and what if any additional apps or settings are needed to make it work?q

Comment

Hello everybody, just few days before i bought from Gearbest the box, i've dove very easy all the updates, firmware and Kodi, but i have this huge problem. Whenever i plug in a USB hard drive it says that is corrupted and gives me the option to erase it so it can use it. I have also another box and the hard disk works fine. Does anybody had this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X