Alfawise S92 TV Box Octa Core Amlogic S912 Android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I have always been taught, NEVER force it, get a bigger hammer.
    One of these Click image for larger version

Name:	c5e81eaaaf156df0e8d19e7aa7122a006ca07587_s2_n1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	606082
    Attached Files
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

One of these [ATTACH=CONFIG]n606082[/ATTACH]
      What a naughty boy <( ̄ˇ ̄)/

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
      #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

No idea what ya talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have to provide feed back on this device.... So far everything working fast clean and smooth. Updated via ota ok finding some crash issues in kodi but think easy fixes.

Nice so far.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Would still be nice to have a flashable firmware for modding and recovery purposes.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              I have to provide feed back on this device.... So far everything working fast clean and smooth. Updated via ota ok finding some crash issues in kodi but think easy fixes.

Nice so far.
              How u fix that crash issues?

Comment

Looking into kodi seems any good build on it crashes kodi. Ill try different builds but its on every box so it is a issue. Kodi crashes every time.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

OTA update to new Build number S92_106M0 Oct 26 with Android security patch level August 1

Ran the system update and installed the OTA, which went without a hitch.

It's a 46Mb update and after the automatic installation on reboot, you get a little wizard to enter a few basic settings that you won't need to change if you already have them in place.

It mentions bugs fixes and minor improvements but no specific changelog above that.

Added to the setting are two new options:

HDMi CEC

This works in part. Unlike other S912 boxes that I have tested, this correctly identifies the box on the correct HDMI port every time and has a default name of S92 (this can be changed if desired in the About section setting).

As far as it's true functionality is concerned though, it's a little hit and miss. Sometimes it will automatically switch and sometimes it won't.

Good to see the addition of the setting though.

Dolby Sounds

I'm not entirely sure whether this was there before but I don't recall seeing it.

It gives you a DRC Mode setting that you can set as OFF, LINE or RF. Line seems to be the default, although switching it to any setting did not on the surface seem to alter anything. This setting is likely going to be of use to those with advanced AV receivers.

Performance is unaffected, although I would swear that the update has taken and already excellent WiFi performance (on 5Ghz at least) and improved it even further. So much so that where I would always use ethernet, on the S92 I am happy to use just wireless.

Kodi/SMPC

I did notice that if I was using SPMC and had forked builds of Kodi, that if the amcodec option was selected, then the playback screen was about 1/12th of the TV surface area.

However, I installed Kodi 17 Beta 5 and found that it worked just as well as any other version and would recommend switching up to that and noted that there are no little crashes on exit and that kind of thing.

Everything else seems unaffected by the update and works just as well and remains the best of the S912 bunch that I have so far tested.

Still no HDR fix or working auto frame rate adjust just as with all the other S912 firmwares.

Comment

Looking into kodi seems any good build on it crashes kodi. Ill try different builds but its on every box so it is a issue. Kodi crashes every time.
                    See my comments in the Alfawise S912 thread.

Comment

17 not an option for me right now its ok but still like jarvis. Its wierd why it doesnt like 16... Must be some api things but ill try a few and see. 17 once released finsl maybe more for me then?

Ftmc seems to be ok so far build 11.

Comment

Why not an option?

It works as well as any others that I have thrown at it.

Comment

I dont like it so much is my main reason lol... Once i get used to skins ect maybe then...

Comment

I dont like it so much is my main reason lol... Once i get used to skins ect maybe then...
                            You can install one of the comparable Confluence skins to maintain the familiarity.

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

Comment

You use 64 bit version or 32? Opening case...

Comment

To my knowledge, there is no 64 bit version for ARM yet.

Only X86.

Comment

Working...
                                X