X92 TV Box S912, Android 6, 3/16GB, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem

I have installed the samde v.9 and after that I have modified build.prop file "service.bootvideo=1" value to "0". for run netflix.

And now it does not work, stay android logo all the time.

Can you help me?

Comment

I have porblems with cec enabled. I hv sony tv + stb + x92 connceted. When i boot x92, tv switches to x92. But when i switchoff x92, tv does not switch back to stb.
      With minix neo u1, tv switches back to stb when minix is switchedoff. Any ideas how to fix this. In cec, expect for language all are on. am on v9 firmware.

Comment

Hello to all I will get the box tommorow in 3/32 config. In order to use V9 firmware I must:

1. download 3gb version of the firmware
        2. put it on sd card or flash drive
        3. choose zip in backup and restore (with wipe data, media)

I am right?

And two things more.
        Which one of USB ports is for firmware upgrade?
        Can someone write something about cup temp?
        X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

I received my X92 3/16GB today

It seems to boot up, including being detected over LAN, although does not display, despite numerous reboots and cables

I suppose the unit is faulty.

Has anyone else had this issue

Any Suggestions

EDIT: problem solved. Rebooted the TV whilst the X92 was connected. Now displays video
          Last edited by rod178; 03-07-2017, 07:57.

Comment

I am running the firmware as delivered, which so far seems ok

What is the advantage of flashing V9 or v11 ?

Comment

Hello forum, Those looking for firmware for 2gb or 3gb x92 with navigation and status bars there is ported ugoos am3 firmware on 4PDA site in Discussion of X92 the Smart the TV Box , search for ugoos.
              Intalled 3gb, worked fine except had to reinstall kodi and install supersu. Allso in english and no rediculous boot sound.
              Port 0.3.0 firmware from ugoos of AM3 Boxing:
              for 2Gb x92 https://yadi.sk/d/2PqqvvBJ3DAMpH
              for 3Gb x92 https://yadi.sk/d/qAKhItg93DNFyE
              I know 3g works good.although online update fails

How I installed
              2g or 3g firmware on sd card renamed to update.zip, unplug x92, use toothpick to hold recovery button in AV hole and plug in x92 continue holding recovery button until recovery comes up.
              Might be best to factory reset first then re-enter recovery then when in recovey choose instal from sd card and choose update.zip and install. After boot to x92 takes about 5-10 minutes for android screen. Change the home launcher if you like.
              Same procedure to set back to factory default.
              And I must add do this at your own risk, worked fine on my new x92 3gb

Comment

Originally posted by Logic View Post
                Could You share with me SystemUi.apk (because of nice button bar -> http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/wp-co...7/01/about.png ).
                I has problems with unpack system.new.dat from firmware to get it.

EDIT: nevermind, I've installed that firmware and I must say: is the best of all but of course not ideal. I had to install Nova launcher, Greenify, Xposed (with XInternalSD for obb in flash drive because 32gb of storage is too small for android gamepad games) root and su, keylaout for two bt gamepad's and for RC11 keyboard (enter fix), External Keyboard Helper Pro, removed about 10-15 unuseful system apks. Two days and here it is. The one and only what is missing for me is Fireeasy server apk (switchable in settings) because default amlogic android remote is ugly and not quite functional. RKRemote (rk3188) was a lot better. Click image for larger version  Name:	e33eeb76d217c02a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	634942
                Last edited by pavlik; 03-09-2017, 21:43.

Comment

pavlik, can u share the SystemUi.apk of ugoos am3 ?, i want to add this to x92 samde firmware and see if that works. will it work ?

Comment

Don't do this. I've tested a few system.ui.apk's (by swapping them) on sadme v9 rom and finally got a big problem "unfortunately system ui has stopped".
                    It's not fixable. I did everything: cleared data of system and systemui, cache, dalvik) nothig helps.
                    I had 1 sec before and after notification shows and in that 1 sec (using a lot of steps) moved all data from storage and backup all apks in titanium.
                    It took about 2h with that notification so If You dont like to loose all data don't do this.

The Ugoos port is a lot faster, better responsive (antutu ~42000 measured with only 2gigs free space on strorage and 123 apk and games installed, not much less than 200 with system apks), nicer (original font) and has a few adventages (of sadme rom) like for eg: force landscape mode in settings and hardvare monitor: Click image for larger version  Name:	9a3d8ed8839670cegen.png Views:	1 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	635062

How to install.

First of all copy generic.kl from sadme rom system/usr/keylaout (enter fix) if you using physical keyboard. You need to overwrite it on uggos port.

Copy rom to sd card / flash drive, update it in backup and restore or from recovery.
                    Do the same with supersu https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/
                    Boot it, install su.apk from playstore.
                    Uninstall YT and install from: http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/vjuggbYe/file.html
                    Install super stable (never crashed by 3 days and nights of testing) SPMC from: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/dy7yZJNd/file.html
                    If you like install FTP server also: http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/UYDWGA95/file.html

Try it. You will not be disappointed of this room!
                    Last edited by pavlik; 03-10-2017, 12:11.

Comment

Can anyone play mkv files via kodi over a LAN
                      I can only play these files from a usb connection

Comment

pavlik, is CEC working fine with ugoos firmware ? with v9, when i boot x92, my tv switches to x92 source, when i switch off x92, my tv does not switch back to STB source.
                        With minix neou1, it works fine w/o any issue. is there similar issue in ugoos ? can u confirm ?

Comment

Originally posted by rod178 View Post
                          Can anyone play mkv files via kodi over a LAN
                          I can only play these files from a usb connection
                          On ugoos am3 with SPMC without any problem

Originally posted by hanu_blr View Post
                          pavlik, is CEC working fine with ugoos firmware ?
                          I dont know. I have an 5 years old LG with Simplink (for TV, DVD, and cec has not working for me (not compatible or I dont know how to use it but I have universal remote)) even with old kr3188 box so try yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by pavlik View Post

On ugoos am3 with SPMC without any problem
                            Still have not installed SPMC.

Currently I'm still on the standard firmware. This is my first Android Kodi box so still in a learning phase.

It does seem rather lame that the standard firmware will not play MKV over the LAN, although they play fine direct from a local USB stick.
                            Additionally, HEVC only seem playable locally via Kodi, again lame as that the hardware supports H265/HEVC.

Installing VLCPlayer is a better option than USB and Sneakernet..

My interim workaround, far from transparent, is to use ES File Manager to run VLC as the default video player over the network

Any other suggestions, before I install SPMC, appreciated

Comment

I just got the X92 based on my success with the X96 series. The problem I have is that when using KODI it takes too long to scrape the sources. It will always time out the first time around, but is successful the second time around. That means it's taking 120 seconds to get any sources while scraping the same target takes less than 30 seconds for the X96. Anyone have any info?

Comment

Originally posted by cdusa View Post
                                I just got the X92 based on my success with the X96 series. The problem I have is that when using KODI it takes too long to scrape the sources. It will always time out the first time around, but is successful the second time around. That means it's taking 120 seconds to get any sources while scraping the same target takes less than 30 seconds for the X96. Anyone have any info?
                                emmc

write speed low = samsong emmc class 10 (10m ~ 20m)

Comment

Working...
                                X