• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.0 by lewy20041

Originally posted by sergeich27 View Post
    Thank you all for reply, but i'm waiting answer from lewy20041
    This understandable, but I should like to not to spend time for cleaning the firmware and install program itself, which I need.
    You need to learn how these things work. Mostly they work the way the developer wants. Sometimes developers implements requests. Most of the time they ignore demands.

I get really upset reading your posts. You can't be bothered to do anything yourself because you don't have time? And you want a specific person to answer your questions?

If this is your first visit to any forum then I could understand. Also if you are just a couple of years old I understand. If not, you should really think twice about what you let other people see that you write.

Of course, it could also be a language barrier thing, in which case I could also understand some of the things you wrote.

In all other cases, please apologize and try again. And show some respect.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

I'm intressted in the sdk2 version

Currently using 1.2.2 720... it has bunch of problems.. ( fast but random reboots/shutdowns)
      So, can be wiped..

Cheers.. lewy rj finless wasser... keepup the good work (donations are under way)
      Last edited by mitchell4you; 09-04-2013, 17:46.

Comment

sdk2 firmware will be buggy to;p
        please post your findings.
        link to sdk2 firmware post:
        Everything is possible if we work together!
        ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
          sdk2 firmware will be buggy to;p
          please post your findings.
          link to sdk2 firmware post:
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...2970#post92970
          Thank you very much for v1.0.0 720p firmware... I have tested on CS918 and have the following issues:

1. SPDIF audio port not working and no settings as well
          2. Wifi not working
          3. Not sure why the system bar display at the bottom is partially hidden (pls refer to attached image)
          4. Remote controller not working
          5. Air mouse key mapping is wrong
          Other than the above issues, firmware is awesome is fast...
          Perhaps item 3 have something to do with settings.. yet to explore or someone kind enough to advise.

Good job! Keep it up you guys are great!
          Attached Files

Comment

Install the v 1.2.2 - 1080p on K-R42 and have some bugs:

1. Image size is also 720, no 1080. There are big black margin on screen around the Android interface. Is it correct? And in XBMC i see 720 screen too. Why?

2. No sound on 2 channel TV-out connector. In settings there are SPDIF and HDMI outputs to select. In 1.2.1 was SPDIF and analog 2.0 output, but in 1.2.2 no analog 2.0 output in sound settongs. Unfortunately, I dont have speakers in my TV and i dont have any device with spdif input

Please, tell me, what i need to do for correct these bugs?

Comment

This understandable, but I should like to not to spend time for cleaning the firmware and install program itself, which I need.
              I like to have the useful apps included, actually titanium backup would be nice included... I already have a license so it would help to not have to install that every time there is a new rom.

Thanks lewy20041
              mark.

sent from an android device for TV
              Out: USB audio, HDMI
              In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Originally posted by micclass View Post
                For me it is not black or white. Generally the Remote does work. But some Keys don't (e.g. the "color"-keys) and others do not work as expected (e.g. "Back" seems to be "Home").
                micclass, you mentioned the cs918 remote and coloured keys? The remote I got with my cs918 has power, back, menu, vol, play/pause and home... as well as updownleftright OK....
                Do you have other keys?

Comment

[QUOTE=fredphoesh;93290]micclass, you mentioned the cs918 remote and coloured keys? The remote I got with my cs918 has power, back, menu, vol, play/pause and home... as well as updownleftright OK....
                  Do you have other keys?

Hello,

I bought my device as a K-R42 (which in essence is the same as the CS918). But maybe the bundled remote is different? Mine remote has 31 keys (if I do count the up/down/left/right/OK individually) with the following Layout:

Power Mute
                  Red Green Yellow Blue
                  Vol- FRWD FFWD Vol+
                  Home Return

Up
                  left OK right
                  Down

Menu Mouse
                  1 2 3
                  4 5 6
                  7 8 9
                  A/a 0 Back

Cheers,
                  Michael

P.S. I now went back to Version 1.2.0 where the remote does work perfectly.

Comment

CS-918 Remote

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                    micclass, you mentioned the cs918 remote and coloured keys? The remote I got with my cs918 has power, back, menu, vol, play/pause and home... as well as updownleftright OK....
                    Do you have other keys?
                    This is the Remote We all have ... for the CS918 from geekbuying.com

Not all of the Keys work for me either ...

Michael T.
                    3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                    CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                    Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                    Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                      Michael T.
                      Yes, this is exactly what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                        Michael T.
                        hmm
                        my cs918 remote is nothing at all like that!
                        bought directly from china though...

Comment

Strange situation with asphalt 8 on 1.2.0 cant change controls, only 3 diferent MOGA
                          CS918(old wifi)+Air Mouse ea-01
                          Out: TV LG HDMI (1 day a week AV out Samsung Tv)
                          CX919(wifi ap6210)+Mele F10
                          Out: TV LG HDMI

Comment

back from greece 1.2.2 feedback

Hello guys
                            I got back very late last night from holiday and couldnt help myself... flashed the new 1.2.2 rom.

As mentioned by others, it is crashing a lot, basically freezes then shuts off, sometimes using spotify, sometimes xbmc, or even es file explorer or titanium backup.

USB audio works WOOO HOOO, since I have a usb DAC to connect to my hifi, 1080p playback is pretty good on xbmc, but xbmc has so many script errors and the freezing system also makes it unworkable at the moment.

Oddly the xbmc nightlies boosts the audio so it distorts with some albums (tried alt-j) but the 12.2 released frodo is fine, so are all other music playing software on the device.

Now i'm a bit torn, want usb audio for better quality, so have to use 1.2.2 but cant use 1.2.2 for more than curiosity as it is way too unstable...

Anyhow, you guys are doing a wonderful job, thanks, keep it up

Mark.

Comment

1080p is 1080p . No analog sound indeed.

Originally posted by James.V.Kotov View Post
                              Install the v 1.2.2 - 1080p on K-R42 and have some bugs:

1. Image size is also 720, no 1080. There are big black margin on screen around the Android interface. Is it correct? And in XBMC i see 720 screen too. Why?
                              Image resolution is 100% 1080p but just after instalation HDMI output is set to 720p-60. Go to Settings -> Screen and choose apropriate HDMI mode. As you go there try to set Screen Scale to your liking or need.

Big icons and text are associated with high dpi value (240) in /system/build.prop file.

Originally posted by James.V.Kotov View Post
                              2. No sound on 2 channel TV-out connector. In settings there are SPDIF and HDMI outputs to select. In 1.2.1 was SPDIF and analog 2.0 output, but in 1.2.2 no analog 2.0 output in sound settongs. Unfortunately, I dont have speakers in my TV and i dont have any device with spdif input

Please, tell me, what i need to do for correct these bugs?
                              Analog audio doesn't work in HFW v. 1.2.2. You need newer kernel from wasser. You can get it there. Then you can write it to the box with RKAndroidTool (at least version 1.37). Follow included instructions but remember to flash only proper kernel.
                              Last edited by Gormar; 09-06-2013, 11:31. Reason: Short memory ;).
                              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by micclass View Post
                                P.S. I now went back to Version 1.2.0 where the remote does work perfectly.
                                Remote control does work in HFW version 1.2.2 but not completely. Some key press doesn't generate scan codes (e.g. keys 1-9 and colored) and some scan codes are associated with wrong android key codes (MENU, HOME, RETURN). The second one can be quite easily repaired with proper change in configuration file (/system/usr/keylayout/rkxx-remotectl.kl) but first issue can be corrected only with kernel compilation as stated in this post.
                                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                                X