K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.0 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychorat View Post
    I can confirm that the kernel dated 20/08/13 does not have the "black screen" issue.

The next kernel release (22/8) introduced the phjanderson's fix. Maybe it has something to do with it? IDK..

Edit:
    Just to mention that the (20/08) is a 1080p kernel, not 720p.
    i don't think so. i made 1080P-60HZ as default in the kernel, which causes this problem
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      i uploaded new 720p kernel. could you please try if it fixes your problem?

http://d-h.st/c9G
      hello,

with this kernel i get a picture on boot and everything is ok on my hd tv - but if i change the screen resolution within settings to 1080 50/60 - i do not get a picture.

with this kernel my lan interface is not getting ip.

used on ut1 with fw 2.0.1

thanks
      holli

Comment

Originally posted by algiam View Post
        Yes, the rom is stable.
        Yes nearly perfect for me, just miss the DTS pass thru via spdif...

Bravo !

Franck.
        for windows8.1 drivers fix follow this.
        ---
        Jesurun v2.1 old rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
        K-R42 v2.1 new rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
        Minix neo x7 mini with quickshot firmware 3.1 with kernel HDMI patch
        Minix neo s8s with stock firmware
        Plex streamer with external MX player
        TV Sony Bravia HDMI 1080p/60hz with AC3/DTS passthru.

Comment

Originally posted by prism View Post
          @wasser none of the keys is working... I have attached image of remote controller for your info.Thanks for looking into it..
          i need the dmesg log with stock kernel, where your ir remote works

Comment

i don't think so. i made 1080P-60HZ as default in the kernel, which causes this problem
            Ok then.. i thought you made 720p as default in the test kernel u posted earlier.

I hope for a fix when you'll have the time. Apart this problem, your kernels make this box really fast!

Thanks
            Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Originally posted by psychorat View Post
              Ok then.. i thought you made 720p as default in the test kernel u posted earlier.

I hope for a fix when you'll have the time. Apart this problem, your kernels make this box really fast!

Thanks
              the latest 720p-kernel which i uploaded today has 720p as default.
              i even uploaded new 1080p kernel with some reverts to fix the HDMI issues

Please test!

thanks

Comment

Hey there Wasser, Lewy and all...

I've done some basic testing on all 4 kernels uploaded today, the three 1080's and the 720.

Antutu test causes a sudden power off crash with all of these kernels, (I have not tried Antutu on this device before) Also, with each kernel, I get "XBMC not responding" after booting up... which is odd since xbmc is not being started.IMO the tiny fonts and general interface is way too small with the 1080 kernels - IMO it should be big enough for a 50 year old man to read on a 42inch screen 2.5meters away!

specifically:

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu600o_vsfsam_cpu1800_1080p_ddr600
                Antutu test caused sudden power off when doing a cpu float performance part of the test
                hd video stops many times with 1080p h.264 video

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu600o_vsfsam_cpu1800_1080p_ddr720
                Antutu test caused sudden power off when doing a cpu float performance part of the test
                xbmc video playback is smooth with 1080p h.264 video

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu798_vsfsam_cpu1920_1080p_ddr720
                black screen, could not test

kernel 720p (13-09-2013)
                preferred incon/font size on home screen/apps/system
                xbmc hd playback not great, stops and buffers again and again
                Antutu test caused power off crash after about 1% into the test

keep up the energetic work guys, its inspiring!
                Mark.
                Out: USB audio, HDMI
                In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                  Hey there Wasser, Lewy and all...

I've done some basic testing on all 4 kernels uploaded today, the three 1080's and the 720.

Antutu test causes a sudden power off crash with all of these kernels, (I have not tried Antutu on this device before) Also, with each kernel, I get "XBMC not responding" after booting up... which is odd since xbmc is not being started.IMO the tiny fonts and general interface is way too small with the 1080 kernels - IMO it should be big enough for a 50 year old man to read on a 42inch screen 2.5meters away!

specifically:

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu600o_vsfsam_cpu1800_1080p_ddr600
                  hd video stops many times with 1080p h.264 video

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu600o_vsfsam_cpu1800_1080p_ddr720
                  xbmc video playback is smooth with 1080p h.264 video

kernel_marvin_k-r42_gpu798_vsfsam_cpu1920_1080p_ddr720
                  black screen, could not test

kernel 720p (13-09-2013)
                  preferred incon/font size on home screen/apps/system
                  xbmc hd playback not great, stops and buffers again and again
                  Antutu test caused power off crash after about 1% into the test

keep up the energetic work guys, its inspiring!
                  Mark.
                  it seems the overclocked kernels does not work on your box.

Comment

Sleep Mode

The rom is stable and has not crashed even once but from what I see, everyone gets something different happens. These PC-box should have different components according to time of manufacture.

There are people who operate AC3 and DTS, only AC3 others. In my device none.

When I activate the sleep mode after 10-15 seconds the device wakes up alone, I disconnected the network cable and the same. Anyone else will happen? It is very annoying to switch the power off and on each time for use.

Thank you,
                    K-r42 box with 2.0.4 Lewy20041
                    Out: TV LG HDMI
                    In: original controler/mini keyboard trackball controler wifi
                    XBMC Nightly build v13

Comment

Please test!

thanks
                      Yes, with this 1080p kernel i dont have black screens. All modes work.

The latest 720p test kernel has the problem even with the default resolution set to 720p.
                      Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Please test!

thanks
                        hello,

this kernel is working on my hd tv now in all modes as well (ut1) i use now 1080/60 cool thanks.

but no dts/dolby on tvhaedend hd channels only shutter noise on spdif through xbmc - if i use analoge the sound is ok

i figured out why the lan cable is not working - because of the changing mac and i only have few dhcp addresses available because all my devices use static ip except my phone's and tablets.

thanks
                        holli

Comment

Please test!

thanks
                          Not sure if this is a 720P kernel but when changed to 1080p Out it works and shows IMG at full 1080P!

No more Lines allover the tv. You did it and keep a note of what was changed. ill be keeping this box on this kernel and test your new stuff on another .

Comment

Originally posted by holli73 View Post
                            hello,

this kernel is working on my hd tv now in all modes as well (ut1) i use now 1080/60 cool thanks.

but no dts/dolby on tvhaedend hd channels only shutter noise on spdif through xbmc - if i use analoge the sound is ok

i figured out why the lan cable is not working - because of the changing mac and i only have few dhcp addresses available because all my devices use static ip except my phone's and tablets.

thanks
                            holli
                            As i said before, please don't report that DTS and passtrought don't work in xbmc.
                            I know it dont work.
                            Test passtrougt with stock player.
                            For xbmc passtrought you need special xbmc.apk and patched libmedia.so (I will add it in next realise)
                            Everything is possible if we work together!
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by algiam View Post
                              When I activate the sleep mode after 10-15 seconds the device wakes up alone, I disconnected the network cable and the same. Anyone else will happen?
                              Yes, this happens for me. If you hold the power button on the remote and do a full shutdown it stays shut down, which is OK until this is fixed.

Ben

Comment

Please test!

thanks

Great job wasser !!!

This kernel have 1080p/24 /50 /60 that works on my Bravia TV (/25 /30 are not supported by TV this is normal).

Thanks

Franck
                                for windows8.1 drivers fix follow this.
                                ---
                                Jesurun v2.1 old rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                                K-R42 v2.1 new rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                                Minix neo x7 mini with quickshot firmware 3.1 with kernel HDMI patch
                                Minix neo s8s with stock firmware
                                Plex streamer with external MX player
                                TV Sony Bravia HDMI 1080p/60hz with AC3/DTS passthru.

Comment

Working...
                                X