• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    nop, 17 sux....
    +1 !

Comment

After researching a lot in this box topics, now I need some help here....

Spent a whole day trying to flash GT1 A912 using "Burn Card Maker Method" and it simply is not working. Boot doesn't show nothing, neither beelink logo nor flashing robot. Only a black screen... Without the sdcard inserted, the box acts normally (booting stock 104 ROM and entering Recovery). If I do the "Beelink forum flashing Method"* using the same card (8gb class 4), stock firmware flashing goes normal.

I've already tried: Rename img file into "recovery.img" before burn sd card; Move file into a path without special characters...
      Also I didn't find MD5 for A912 version in the topic, in order to see if I need re-download file. (Slow connection disencouraging download, which is lasting about 3 hours here)

PS.: - Beelink Forum Method is [Format FAT32 -> copy 3 firmware files downloaded from Beelink forum (extensions img, zip and aml) -> insert card -> press reset -> turn on] ;
      - Tried this ROM and SCV8C ;
      - USB Method is not an option for me.

Ideas??
      Last edited by duke.zib; 04-11-2017, 20:21.

Comment

In instructions below substitute your image file name

STEP 1 (download and extract).
        Download
        Burn Card Maker and Beelink GT1 Superceleron BETA V5 Rom

Extract TF.rar and SC-V5-BETA-GT1.zip in the same folder.
        Now you get Burn_Card_Maker.exe and SC-V5-BETA-GT1.img file.

Put a microSD card in your computer (on Windows) and go to the second step.

STEP 2 (make the microSD card)
        Run Burn_Car_Maker.exe
        The first time it's in chinese, click on the top lef menu, click on the second option, check English and put OK.
        Close and restart Burn_Car_Maker.exe
        Chose disk (Letter of your microSD card)
        YES must be check 3 times for To Partition and Format, erase_flash and Reboot (erase_bootloader must be uncheck).
        Click on Open and choose SC-V5-BETA-GT1.img
        Click on Make, format the microSD card (default settings), after that the rom copy begin on the microSD card, when it's done you get a Success message.

STEP 3 (installation)
        Now, insert the microSD card in the Beelink GT1 (power supply unplugoff).
        Let your TV on and the HDMI cable plugged.
        With a paper clip or other, press the reset button and hold it (small hole under the box), in the same time plug the power supply on the Beelink GT1.
        The installation process begin, remove the paper clip and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by robot20 View Post
          In instructions below substitute your image file name

STEP 1 (download and extract).
          Download
          Burn Card Maker and Beelin...
          Thanks... but that's the exact process I've described above...
          Originally posted by duke.zib View Post
          ... Spent a whole day trying to flash GT1 A912 using "Burn Card Maker Method...
          After unsuccessfully try the normal "recipe", I've tested the other procedures described. Something beyond is happening.
          Last edited by duke.zib; 04-11-2017, 18:33.

Comment

I have successfully flashed many GT1's with that method. Hopefully someone else can help. I'm not an expert by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by robot20 View Post
              I have successfully flashed many GT1's with that method. Hopefully someone else can help. I'm not an expert by any means.
              Thanks anyway for the attention ... Apparently the img file was somehow corrupted.

Downloaded new copy of ROM, flashing got wrong again.... Then put ROM and cardmaker folder in a path without special characters, renamed ROM... and voilà, flashing went successful.

Comment

@ duke.zib

I flashed a GT1 (A912) and an Alfawise S92 with Superceleron's ATV rom. The GT1 went smoothly but the S92 gave me similar results as you are describing above. When I inserted the SD card, held the reset button and plugged the power cord in simultaneously, it appeared I wasn't holding the reset button long enough for the installation to begin.

"With a paper clip or other, press the reset button and hold it (small hole under the box), in the same time plug the power supply on the Beelink GT1.
                The installation process begin, remove the paper clip and wait."

Comment

Right On! @ duke.zib. Glad you were successful. Enjoy Superceleron's superior handy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
                    ...Enjoy Superceleron's superior handy work.
                    Today I will test the box but instantly noted a more smooth navigation through the menus. Gives the impression that now the hardware is not being subused.

Comment

with the mi box updating to nougat beta here https://mega.nz/#!xaZgBCrY!l65tcGGt9...XSmq_sBcZn6uy8 are you planning an update to your rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
                        with the mi box updating to nougat beta here https://mega.nz/#!xaZgBCrY!l65tcGGt9...XSmq_sBcZn6uy8 are you planning an update to your rom ?
                        I will if beelink do it, since it needs a totally new dtb for making it work on droi7... im not going to do their job of porting a droid 5/6 dtb to 7 since its a lot of work, and they know better than me the HW addresses of their devices!

Comment

Hello Supercelerom, your [ROM] also works on the Beelink GT1 2GB + 32GB version?

thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by dovento View Post
                            Hello Supercelerom, your [ROM] also works on the Beelink GT1 2GB + 32GB version?

thank you !
                            it should work just fine!

Comment

Hi supercelerom. I had installed your ATV ROM 3 weeks ago but due to registration problems in this forum up to today, couldn't post. So now I thank you for your work in this fantastic ROM.
                              I only delete your FTMC to use kodi 17. I known you don like it, but it gave me more 1080 links as they disappeared in kodi 16 due to all providers using SSL.
                              My question has been post it before and is not a big issue, could we implement recomendations for example of kodi 17 as i had removed FTMC.
                              THANKS AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by limonet View Post
                                Hi supercelerom. I had installed your ATV ROM 3 weeks ago but due to registration problems in this forum up to today, couldn't post. So now I thank you for your work in this fantastic ROM.
                                I only delete your FTMC to use kodi 17. I known you don like it, but it gave me more 1080 links as they disappeared in kodi 16 due to all providers using SSL.
                                My question has been post it before and is not a big issue, could we implement recomendations for example of kodi 17 as i had removed FTMC.
                                THANKS AGAIN
                                that is because when i made the rom i shipped with FTMC build 24, on that one still uses python 2.6(the ssl problem is from python...) but i fixed that in build 25 so that is working ok again and you can enjoy the smoothness of the amcodec again
                                About you question, you want to add in "Recommendations" kodi 17?

Comment

Working...
                                X