Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aldo_97 View Post

I made a guide to make safetynet pass installing magisk.. Drm are fine.
    Maybe, with selinux running, the chromecast works. Could you try?
    I dont think it will but if someone wants to give it a go i will be happy to hear results.

Comment

Thank you. Excellent work. Everything works great. Especially nice is the great support of the remote control. However, I have a freezing YouTube 1080p 60 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by vovkoon View Post
        I have a freezing YouTube 1080p 60 fps.
        Will look into it, see if I can replicate the issue.

Comment

tillaz87, goood job!
          Has anyone tested Kodi 17.3 on this ROM?

Comment

Hi, Thank you for this rom. I have tried to install the A912 version of 7.1.2 and I dont get the wifi working.. tried to continue with the installation of the rom (the script and zip) and it went ok, but still I don't have wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by omerpr View Post
              Hi, Thank you for this rom. I have tried to install the A912 version of 7.1.2 and I dont get the wifi working.. tried to continue with the installation of the rom (the script and zip) and it went ok, but still I don't have wifi.
              Yeah, just noticed the error on first post.
              You flashed the wrong stock update for your wifi chip (because of my typo) as what you describe is the exact outcome. your box is A912=AP6255 STOCK 7.1.2
              Just re-flash correct stock firmware mentioned above to fix this

Corrected first post now, sorry for inconvenience.

Comment

I can see this, I would describe it as stutter every so often which only happens on 60 fps video, its also the same on sock unmodified 7.1.2 and 7.1.1.
                so the problem is ether with the app its self or the stock roms. I've tried a few things to fix it so far without luck.. :/

it actually looks very similar to a problem i had on my pc with games at 60fps which was caused by the TV refresh rate (60hz) not matching the game output refresh rate (59hz)
                I can see people on google with the same problem on other devices so could be the app, I will try some older versions of youtube and my MM build then i will be to know for sure.

Edit:

The standard youtube app (non TV version) appears to not have this issue. it also does not happen with the TV version on my 6.0.1 build so i'm a bit confused as its the same app

Edit:

Looks like its a codec issue with stock rom

Last edited by tillaz87; 07-25-2017, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                  Description:

This converts the stock ROM to android TV and supports all variants of GT1, it only requires you to be running stock 7.1.2, I started this before we had a way to package custom burn images properly on nougat or a custom recovery to flash, But still.. doing it this way allows one zip to support all variants as no hardware related stuff is touched. The outcome is exactly the same as if you flashed a full burn package. So I thought I might as well post it.. I might actually release a full burn image in the future.

Screenshots:

Includes:
                  • Android TV 64bit + Vulkan
                  • Enabled ATV Recant apps (Double press home button, Long Hold for assistant)
                  • 4K YouTube
                  • Support For Original Fire TV remote
                  • Support for Xbox one BT Controller
                  • Fixed select + home For All Supported Xbox Controllers
                  • Added Screenshot function to delete button on IR remote (Bottom left)
                  • Better RAM Management, Clean & Fast

This is android TV, apps that are not from the included leanback play store (Built for TV) may not function as indented
                  • Cast service broken without Widevine so removed
                  • Live Channels app is available on play store, download if you use it (Same for other google apps)
                  • Extra Settings Is incompatible with Android TV, had to be removed

Update 1:
                  • Fixed Package Manager UI
                  • Added Missing ATV stuff

How To Install:

First make sure your are already running stock 7.1.2, The Official Burn images to update are below, WiFi chip only matters standard or ultimate.
                  S/N beginning with S912 or G912 = A9377 WiFi chipset ------ S/N beginning with A912 = AP6255 WiFi chipset

((((AP6255 STOCK 7.1.2 -------- A9377 STOCK 7.1.2))))

DOWNLOAD: GT1_Multi_ATV_7.1.2_V2 ------ INSTALL SCRIPT ------ TERMINAL APP
                  1. Download the 3 Files above and copy them to the Internal sdcard (script is made for internal as the mount is always /sdcard)
                  2. Install the terminal.apk or download one from the market
                  3. Open the terminal app and type the commands below pressing enter after each

Code:
                  [B]su[/B]
                  Code:
                  [B]sh sdcard/1[/B]
                  Install will start and factory reset when complete.
                  Easy ROOT or no ROOT available, good question??? (sorry for quote HHHhing all OP)

Comment

Originally posted by jesuis View Post

Easy ROOT or no ROOT avaiilable???
                    Just the stock roms dodgy root until i release next update which includes twrp. I will then be recommending all to flash the secure systemless root .zip from chianfire (superSU)
                    trying to update the su binary with sock rom root will cause boot loop so doing the above is important. v2 will be uploaded tomorrow

Comment

Just the stock roms dodgy root until i release next update which includes twrp. I will then be recommending all to flash the secure systemless root .zip from chianfire (superSU)
                      trying to update the su binary with sock rom root will cause boot loop so doing the above is important. v2 will be uploaded tomorrow

Comment

it actually looks very similar to a problem i had on my pc with games at 60fps which was caused by the TV refresh rate (60hz) not matching the game output refresh rate (59hz)

After further reading about this problem on other devices i seen this below about the mi box which confirms what i suspected above.
                        I changed the box to output at 4k2k50hz and the youtube videos at 1080p 60fps no longer have this issue.. its not a solution though as 50hz feels laggy on the UI
                        this could be tricky to correct without source code

SOLUTION FOUND! At least for European users.

So I finally got it to work.

Short answer: Choose 1080p 50hz in the display resolution settings.

Long answer:

I decided to reconnect my good old Nexus Player to see what difference it did compared to my new Mi Box. The Nexus Player insisted on running at 50hz, while Mi Box insisted on 60hz. I thought PAL and NTSC territory stuff was a thing of the past.

Then I take a closer look at the settings on my Panasonic TV. In the refresh rate option. I can only choose between 50hz and 100hz. The 100hz is at default

Apparently running 60hz from Mi Box while the TV running at 100hz makes everything go bonkers. I'm no expert. But I can only assume that if you want everything to go smooth with 60hz. The TV has to natively support 60hz or 120hz.

But It still doesn't explain why only youtube would lag and not the other apps like Plex and Twitch. Maybe these apps got some kind of refresh rate switch that youtube app doesn't have.

So for European users, this solution may help.

For US/Asia users. It might still be a bug that /u/PolaresBears mentioned. And a patch from Xiaomi must be done.

Comment

Updated and version for 7.1.1 added to second post, which i believe feels faster

Important as of Update 2

Its now highly recommended to reboot to recovery and flash chainfires systemless root. (removes beelinks)
                          the root included by beelink is dangerous as attempting to update the su binary with supersu causes bootloop..
                          it is also detectable and some apps wont work with this method. I can not do this via the script as it needs to patch the boot.img
                          Download

Update 2:
                          • Fixed ATV remote service (support for this)
                          • Updated core apps
                          • Cleaned build.prop
                          • Fixed sideloaded apps no showing in landscape
                          • Added TWRP: credit to Magendanz

Comment

found a fix for youtube.. its basically YouTube 2.0 for android tv (from the shield tv)
                            http://shield.nvidia.com/blog/new-youtube-update-360-video

I personally hate the UI and crappy inbuilt keyboard.. the 64bit apk can be downloaded from apk mirror
                            http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...load/download/

Comment

Anyone got the Netflix TV app working using this ROM?

I installed it from the playstore but getting error: netflix ui-800-3

Trying to Install Magisk 13.3.zip to hide root to see if that solves the Netflix problem but getting: Boot image not found when trying to flash using TWRP

Any idea's?

Comment

Originally posted by benn0s1991 View Post
                                Anyone got the Netflix TV app working using this ROM?

I installed it from the playstore but getting error: netflix ui-800-3

Trying to Install Magisk 13.3.zip to hide root to see if that solves the Netflix problem but getting: Boot image not found when trying to flash using TWRP

Any idea's?
                                Use the Netflix apk android TV version from uptodown. It's works perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X