Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good rom but unfortunatly i need to back to original ROM, please someone can help me ?
    thnks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Original OEM firmware is linked on the OP.

OK thanks, i download it but is in zip file, how i can flash on my m8s pro?
    Can i flash m8s pro l img file?
    Burn card maker use inly img file......

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You can flash that in TWRP.

sorry i'm not very exper on box tv, how i can go into twrp ?
    i have used it on my samsung but on m8s how i can switch to twrp?

Comment

Hi magendaz, just want to say thank you so much for this wonderful rom. Got a guestion for you, beside chrome, why couldn't I install any other browser such as ucbrowser?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You certainly could, but you may have some difficulty finding a browser designed for Android TV on the Google Play Store for Android TV. A quick APKMirror search should solve that problem, though, and it's just a matter of clicking the link to download and install from their site.

I'm sorry to bother with what probably is a dumb question...
      I never got to arrange my apps in two rows like in this image from the first post

or to get the 'Off button' there on the status bar bellow the apps...
      Am I missing something?

Thanks,
      Best regards,

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, the Power button setting is an activity in TvSettings.apk that VideoStrong removed in the V0619 release for some reason. To arrange apps, just press and hold the dpad center button.

I knew I could arrange apps that way. What I am not able to do is to arrange them in separate rows. I always end up with only one row. Could it be because I have no games installed? Once I install one game I can switch apps from one row to the other regardless they are games or app?... Gonna try that...

Didn't work. If, obviously, I got a second row for games, it is for games only. One row for games and one row for apps, no matter how much apps I have per row. Can't get to organize my apps in two or more rows, like in the picture I quoted above...

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, you've got to install a game to have the Games row visible.

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post
      very good rom but unfortunatly i need to back to original ROM, please someone can help me ?
      thnks
      me to, how to revert back to OEM firmware

Comment

Dear Magendanz, can U guide me step by how to revert back to OEM firmware http://freaktab.org/76ed10f83ceeab6c.. i`m now with Mecool M8S Pro TVStock ROM need revert back cause TV Center seem lag and sometime when used google chrome to view kissasian its flickering .

please help me
      Last edited by MoMuChI; 10-12-2017, 02:49.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        As I mentioned above, the link to the OEM burn package is provided in the original post. That post also includes links to tutorials on how to use Amlogic USB Burning Tool and BootcardMaker.

• scooter2014
        scooter2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny how no one actually reads that first post. Maybe devs should just omit it and let everyone guess.

Originally posted by MoMuChI View Post
      Dear Magendanz, can U guide me step by how to revert back to OEM firmware http://freaktab.org/76ed10f83ceeab6c.. i`m now with Mecool M8S Pro TVStock ROM need revert back cause TV Center seem lag and sometime when used google chrome to view kissasian its flickering .

please help me
      Hi MoMuChi and all who need to revert to OEM firmware.

In my case a successfully revert to OEM formware with this step:

1- download firmware in ZIP file (SD format)
      2- extract from this zip recovery.img and put it on SD in root folder
      3. copy zip file on SD in root folder
      4. insert SD into m8s and with reset button pushed, turnon device until recovy show
      5. using remote controll, choose if i remember correctly to flash a ZIP file browse to external storage
      6 i suggest you to reset fto default at 1st boot with OEM firmware or clear cache before reboot

Hope this can help you.

Comment

Hello guys, for first compliments to Magendanz for this wonderful firmware. Yesterday I received my M8S Pro (not L) and the first thing I have done is to remove original fw and install this one. I knew that only the L version has the L1 widewine but installing DRM Info it tells me that this one has L1 too. It is possible or is only a DRM Info error? I tried to install Netflix but worked only Breaking Bad (at HD resolution) and other series play only audio or freeze the whole system needing a reboot. Anyone that has bought this unit in the last days has L1 in DRM Info? Thanks and sorry for my english.

Comment

Compliments to Magendanz on your work.

Question I have currently the M8S Pro + which has the reported bad Samsung eMMc Memory (SEC 713), thus it is not suitable to load your Nexus Player UI TV Stock Android. (reports say they brick the unit)

So are there any reports that the recent M8S Pro L has any problems with updating or using the TV Stock rom you have developed?

Looking to get up and running, with NetFlix as standard app with 1080 via the L1 widewine/DRM requirements. Plus other google apk .

Safe to say to order the M8S Pro L ????

Or other boxes that are suitable for the TV Stock Magendanz releases.

I would order another M8S Pro + if I knew a valid dealer with good eMMc and perhaps the reset button ( also understand some MeCool boxes now have removed reset button?)

Is there a list of available SOC boxes that will work with your ROMs? If so could someone provide a link

Suggestions welcome

Thanks to all

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            This is really more relevant for the M8S Pro L topic: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

That said, the M8S Pro L doesn't seem to have the same eMMC issues that the M8S Pro+ had. Like when the M8S Pro+ was first released, we don't have a Amlogic burn package (.img file) yet for the M8S Pro L. I'm hopeful that we'll eventually get one, but for now that means that your recovery options are much more limited. The OTA updates available won't help you if the bootloader or recovery partitions are corrupted, and they also aren't any good for recovering in Mask ROM mode by shorting pins. (It's because of this that my only M8S Pro L box is currently bricked. When an .img file is available, I should be able to recover it.)

I also am frustrated by the lack of a reset switch. At least we can work around that with access to the PCB, but it's a real pain in the butt. It's not often you corrupt your system partition, but when it happens you count on that reset switch to enter recovery and reinstall a known-good image or do a factory reset.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2017, 23:37.

Thank you very much for the quick response.
          I will just hang in there and wait and see what options may be available in the future.
          Again Thanks

Comment

Started fresh and flashed the IMG file via the USB burn tool for your tv stock rom after having problems with booting up, recovery and other issues and the box is now running the best it has since I got it. Thank you for all the work you have put into the ROMs. Greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by boxno1; 10-18-2017, 00:17.

Comment

Sorry if this is a daft question but does the firmware update you have done based on the M8S pro L mean that this box will be be capable of playing Netflix in HD?
              Last edited by boxno1; 10-18-2017, 00:10.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                No, the Widevine L1 key is required for that, which is set at the factory. They won't ever distribute the key license files that would allow us to flash it (or at least, they probably won't do it intentionally).

Can l get some input as to what's happening here? Perhaps a fix, or a starting point for troubleshooting.
              Seems consistent with FT, and plagues YTube as well.
              Yt tends to correct itself in 3 - 5 secs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171018-230553.png Views:	2 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	679055Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171018-230002.png Views:	3 Size:	556.0 KB ID:	679056
              #3 screenshot was way overdriven (20%) when snapped,
              but posts as seen.
              So, Both Over AND Under scales displayed screen.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              *** No opinions?
              Not 100% sure, but I may have discovered it's a conflict between scaling settings of box vs. TV.
              Turning off. "auto wide" menu setting of Pioneer tv seems to help. Who knew?
              ++ Clue was difference what was visible on screen vs captured by screenshots.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ClarkKent; 10-22-2017, 20:22.
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
              X