Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz
    Try this one: http://freaktab.org/bab6c9124f5b63a0

Same OEM images, but an update script that actually checks the build.prop on the system partition rather than the recovery partition. It will also allow you to downgrade.
    Thank you! I tried as an "dirty" update without wipe and the apps crashed again and again after reboot. So I flashed it with a wipe and had to see, that it's not your TVStock-image anymore.
    Yes, youtube is working again with 4K but I'm missing your image so much.

When will your update be available?

Comment

I haven't used Netflix in a while on my MECOOL M8S PRO Plus and when I tried today, it shows me this error:

Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in 30 seconds. Code: ui-800-3 (307003)
      Please help me, as there are no updates avalable for the Netflix app to correct this.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

To save you some effort, I've pre-packaged everything that longnt discusses here into one .img file:

So, I've just repackaged this system build with the U2+ Nougat kernel. I've added my latest TWRP recovery for p212 (using the U2+ recovery kernel) and eliminated the MAC keys that required licenses. Note that this system build hasn't yet been customized for p212. Specifically,

- Bluetooth is still disabled (because the M8S PRO+ doesn't have it)
        - Key maps for remote controls need to be updated in the device tree
        - Wireless drivers need to be updated
        - Widevine L1 libs need to be swapped for L3 versions

All that will be forthcoming in a custom ROM for the p212, but this should give folks a head start if they want to live on the bleeding edge.
        I am testing this ROM on my one of my devices with wifi 9377, could you please help us with the an update zip with the driver. I earnestly looking for using this ROM. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The ROM above was basically just a proof of concept. It's completely unsupported and I'm definitely not going to be publishing wireless chipset updates.

Originally posted by Adrien55 View Post
        Hi all, Netflix and mycanal doesn't run because the ID of widevine is blacklist. How fix DRM problem?
        Using for reference. I know Mycanal checks for root (maybe in addition to the above blacklisting).

So I'm planning to update my box. I prefer using AndroidTV, having bluetooth (for a keyboard) is a big plus, and I care about Mycanal, not 4K nor Netflix.

But I'm lost with the various things listed recently:
        - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZ0Osr5EqbEZ5D7LJg seems more like a testbed due to the number of things missing (Bluetooth)
        - http://freaktab.org/bab6c9124f5b63a0 or M8S_PRO+-"20180806.102424.V02 13-fixed.zip" is the latest OEM image, ie not AndroidTV. What would be the benefit over the following?
        - (From FP) http://freaktab.org/0aa61d57716afc50 is another OEM image, 20171208.183013.V0928, which looks older and probably has it shares of issues nowadays
        -
        (From FP) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXga5SHgSXLuyfAVRC2g which is the one flashable through TWRP, but likely misses latest Widevine/... updates (liboemcrypto.so?)

I guess I can choose between 2nd link (not AndroidTV) and last (outdated AndroidTV), then flash Magisk on top of it to have some root detection avoidance.
        Ideally, dear Magendanz will merge the 2 at some point. :-)

So, what do people think here?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbBoxie View Post
          I haven't used Netflix in a while on my MECOOL M8S PRO Plus and when I tried today, it shows me this error:

Please help me, as there are no updates avalable for the Netflix app to correct this.
          Has anyone tried to contact MeCool regarding a fix for this issue?
          I remember they provided a fix fairly quickly when a similar issue last occurred some months ago...

Comment

Buen dia a todos, alguien sabe como ponerme en contacto con Mecool?
            Encontre esta pagina pero no se si sea oficial

Comment

I have Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G Voice Control 2/16 (unfortunately with nand:Samsung KLMBG4GEND-B031)
              Βecause i had many freezes and restarts i decided to burn s905w_atvXperience_v2FF.img
              Very nice fw disapear all problems BUT wifi not work

So i burned M8S_PRO+-V0928_TVStock-20180706.img with BurnTool 2.1.6
              After succes of the procedure th device never boot

Stuck always in Red Led (never blue anymore)

Is there any way to recover this device?
              I tried all methods expect short pin nand because the samsung eemc does not have visible pins on pcb board

Thnks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by eski; 01-27-2019, 10:03.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Check the post on recovering in Mask ROM Mode. You're going to have to load a known-good burn package for the M8S Pro W and then short pins on the eMMC chipset.

Any update about this ROM?

Comment

Anybody knows how to scroll up or down with airmouses ''hand'' ? For example, when you surfing in default installed Chrome and browsing forums, drag and drop ? Tried with several airmouses but none of them doesnt work that.

Comment

To all the ones who have problems with NetFlix in MeCool M8S Pro+
                  I found this apk and it works for me!
                  The only problem is you won't see it on the main menu, but only in the App Drawer.
                  So remember to install the app drawer!

Download it from there, no registration needed!!!

netflix.mediaclient-3.9.1_build_4105-4105.zip

I used to have the NetFlix app from the PlayStore, and I tried some NetFlix video tests.
                  None of them has worked for me. I could only watch oldest movies & series: no Breaking Bad, no Narcos, no 4K & HDR. Only HD old movies & series.
                  With this app I managed to watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad all at once and no freezes.

The only one thing that makes me disappointed is that the video starts in very poor pixelated quality, but in a minute or less it runs in HD or FullHD I suppose.
                  My MeCool M8S Pro+ is attached via LAN to the main fiber router at home, so it should work flawlessly.
                  Unfortunately it's a very old app so there's no menu: that's why I can't access all the tests the new app offers.
                  But after MONTHS of tests, I found it works.

Please let me know if it works for you too!
                  Last edited by fpmpaolo; 01-31-2019, 07:22.

Comment

The only problem is you won't see it on the main menu, but only in the App Drawer.

Download it from there, no registration needed!!!

netflix.mediaclient-3.9.1_build_4105-4105.zip

I used to have the NetFlix app from the PlayStore, and I tried some NetFlix video tests.
                    None of them has worked for me. I could only watch oldest movies & series: no Breaking Bad, no Narcos, no 4K & HDR. Only HD old movies & series.
                    With this app I managed to watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad all at once and no freezes.

The only one thing that makes me disappointed is that the video starts in very poor pixelated quality, but in a minute or less it runs in HD or FullHD I suppose.
                    My MeCool M8S Pro+ is attached via LAN to the main fiber router at home, so it should work flawlessly.
                    Unfortunately it's a very old app so there's no menu: that's why I can't access all the tests the new app offers.

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post
                      To all the ones who have problems with NetFlix. in my MeCool M8S Pro+
                      Download it from there, it will be available for the next 30 days

https://ufile.io/fwbz3
                      Is this tv version or mobile version?

Comment

So Sweet! Installed on T95Q and all is working fine except changing the default Launcher. I can set it as default but it's like it just doesn't stick!. No worries, being able to change it was kinda going to be too good to be true anyway. haha . Thanks again...Appreciate all you guys do!

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post

Is this tv version or mobile version?
                          I really don't know. I just know it worked for my M8S Pro+

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post

But does it work with remote controller using directions keys or you need to use the mouse like mobile version?

Comment

Working...
                            X