Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Hardware (component) change between my first and second boxes ...

BB-ROC170703PS - July Version : Chips marked ..
    EMMC : SAMSUNG 646 . KLMAG2WEPD-B031 . S4ZN1010 (EOL 3bit MLC - Data Sheet)
    Memory Chips (?) : C71V217400

BB-ROC170811PS - August Version : Chips marked ..
    EMMC : SEC 701 . KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034 (Current 2bit MLC - Data Sheet)
    Memory Chips (?) : D / G

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+-BB-ROC170703PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	673471Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+-BB-ROC170811PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	673468

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+-HW-Change07-08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.3 KB ID:	673472

Pete
    Last edited by P.X; 09-26-2017, 18:38. Reason: Added Data Sheets

Comment

Originally posted by dcervi View Post

Try renaming the img file to something without special symbols (like M8S.img) BEFORE preparing the card with Burn Card Maker.
      I will, but it doesn't look like filename problem - Burn_Card_Maker finished with "Success" - I guess no issues with that.
      When I insert prepared card I can't go any further than robot with X. When I change in BCM normal to force, I have some fast blink, before the green X robot.

Comment

Originally posted by kml View Post

I will, but it doesn't look like filename problem - Burn_Card_Maker finished with "Success" - I guess no issues with that.
        When I insert prepared card I can't go any further than robot with X. When I change in BCM normal to force, I have some fast blink, before the green X robot.
        The problem isn't in the program, it's in the installer the box executes for installing the firmware. I was turning mad with the same problem (Android with red X) until I renamed the image file. After this, it works flawlessly.

Comment

The problem isn't in the program, it's in the installer the box executes for installing the firmware. I was turning mad with the same problem (Android with red X) until I renamed the image file. After this, it works flawlessly.
          You're my hero! :-)
          Thank you very much!

Comment

Which options did you choose in the card maker? This box drives me crazy. I tried a lot of images and USB but everytime something wents wrong. The sd card method shows the android logo with the red X and the burning tool failes at 98% with a verification error

Comment

Not good.

I have sometimes a freeze problem.

Main problem is a blue overlay (or negative colours). I'm watching a movie or do somethings in setting and... suddenly I have a blue overlay. I must to remove HDMI cable and insert again. Then is ok, but no so long, because after 60-90 minutes blue overlay is back.

After install HBO GO I have a lot of freeze problem. I can't go to settings, nothing. I must turn off for 10-15 minutes and now is ok, but sometimes I have a blue overlay....

I try connect box via USB - USB cable, but.. nothing. What I should do?
              Last edited by Alex76; 09-26-2017, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by iLoveLE View Post

Which options did you choose in the card maker? This box drives me crazy. I tried a lot of images and USB but everytime something wents wrong. The sd card method shows the android logo with the red X and the burning tool failes at 98% with a verification error
                Burning tool kept failing for me at 98% as well.
                I tried it with - Erase Flash>Force Erase All and - Erase Bootloader, both Ticked
                and it worked, though the box is now freezing badly all the time as with many others who have gone from the newest V0321 to earlier versions.
                NEVER Tick Overwrite Key !!!

Good luck

Comment

Nexus installed - freezing almost immediately in settings tab. Stock soft the same.
                  I'm not sure if my box (hardware) is ok...

Comment

What kind of crapy integrity check does this pice of sh*t have? It doesn't matter which image I'm using I cant get it work again. After the burning tool (every image fails at 98%) it doesnt even show a splash screen, just the red light. And the upgrade option with the sd card stops at the android logo with the X.

Comment

I attached log from my box. Maybe this helps in.. something.

Now I have other problem - I have black-white home screen, when i go to the apps colours is back (when I watching Netflix everything is ok).

It looks like a problem with graphics?
                      Attached Files

Comment

What kind of crapy integrity check does this pice of sh*t have? It doesn't matter which image I'm using I cant get it work again. After the burning tool (every image fails at 98%) it doesnt even show a splash screen, just the red light. And the upgrade option with the sd card stops at the android logo with the X.
                        See post#472. Should get you past that 98% and complete

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
                          Hi,

Hardware (component) change between my first and second boxes ...

BB-ROC170703PS - July Version : Chips marked ..
                          EMMC : SAMSUNG 646 . KLMAG2WEPD-B031 . S4ZN1010 (EOL 3bit MLC - Data Sheet)
                          Memory Chips (?) : C71V217400

BB-ROC170811PS - August Version : Chips marked ..
                          EMMC : SEC 701 . KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034 (Current 2bit MLC - Data Sheet)
                          Memory Chips (?) : D / G

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+-BB-ROC170703PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	673471Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+-BB-ROC170811PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	673468

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+-HW-Change07-08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.3 KB ID:	673472

Pete
                          Is this why the machine hangs now? Bcos the mismatch hardware with firmware?
                          P.X btw how do you open the box? Is it pry open? I don't see screws to the box.
                          Last edited by grimmie; 09-27-2017, 01:43.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie View Post

See post#472. Should get you past that 98% and complete
                            Doesnt work for me. I already tried it out before I postet my comment

Comment

Doesnt work for me. I already tried it out before I postet my comment
                              Too bad. Because it worked fine for me when i have the erase all pressed.
                              And every time erase wasn't done then it failed at 98% saying validation fail or something.

You might want to take a picture to show that error you are having. maybe someone else can help

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie View Post

Is this why the machine hangs now? Bcos the mismatch hardware with firmware?
                                P.X btw how do you open the box? Is it pry open? I don't see screws to the box.
                                Just my guess about why all the issues ...?

Four tiny Cross head screws (JIS?) under the little rubber feet.
                                Carefully remove rubber pads, with the yellow sticky film still attached to them if possible. I placed mine on an old piece of sticky label backing paper ready for reapplication.
                                Last edited by P.X; 09-27-2017, 04:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X