Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jambam View Post
    I receive my order from.banggood. As this was my second box and the firmware 20170715. I just immediately flashed the atv rom. After about 30 mins playing around with the stock rom.

Anyway I had issues as the box was sluggish. And Netflix just kept on buffering..

I discovered embarrassingly late that I actually had a 1/8 gig device..

Based on what I experienced this was what other people were describing as a problem. But I would not know.if they also were using the atv rom..for the 1 gig ram model.

Would the nano rom.version be better for the 1 gb ram mecool?

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk
    If you're into movies/tv series, better get LE+Kodi on the box. 1/8 would be no problem I reckon. But you will need an investment of Class 10 micro sd card. Amazon sells one for $12.

Comment

Amlogic USB does not see the device. The driver was installed.
      I push the reset button during connecting usb cable.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie

If you're into movies/tv series, better get LE+Kodi on the box. 1/8 would be no problem I reckon. But you will need an investment of Class 10 micro sd card. Amazon sells one for $12.
        Thanks, I do have LE on SD card. But really wanted hulu and Netflix in HD. Stock rom. only allows Netflix in standard definition on the mecool

Comment

Originally posted by jambam View Post
          Thanks, I do have LE on SD card. But really wanted hulu and Netflix in HD. Stock rom. only allows Netflix in standard definition on the mecool

There is a patched HD version of Netflix if I remember correctly ...

Comment

Originally posted by ready View Post

@Magendanz
            Are you able now to preapare the ATV for 20170829.121614.V0321?
            1 comment
            • Magendanz
              #554.1

Magendanz commented
              09-29-2017, 00:11

I don't really see much of a point in doing that, given that I've already made the ATV for 20170919.150557.V0619 and it fixes a lot of longstanding issues. It might be the last OEM firmware that can have TWRP recovery installed, but I wonder how many actually use that.

I have 20170829.121614.V0321, so should I install ATV for 20170919.150557.V0619? Can you please prepare the OTA update for this?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that we have an .img file for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware, you can always roll back. I'll work on the OTA update over the weekend, but without TWRP now we're hunting for a good local OTAUpdate app. What MECOOL has is butt ugly, and we don't need the OTA option because we're not hosting an OTA server.

1 comment
            • Magendanz
              #560.1

Magendanz commented
              09-29-2017, 00:53

Now that we have an .img file for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware, you can always roll back. I'll work on the OTA update over the weekend, but without TWRP now we're hunting for a good local OTAUpdate app. What MECOOL has is butt ugly, and we don't need the OTA option because we're not hosting an OTA server.
            Unfortunately I can not use the img, because my device is not recognized. I installed the usb drives - but it does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              So, with a slightly more awkward process I was able to create the following:

Nexus TVStock variant: M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20170928.img

Despite my inability to install TWRP recovery, I really like this V0619 ROM. It's fast, plays 4K@60fps in KODI smoothly, has a nicely laid out Settings menu with all the functions you need. Best of all, they've fixed the longstanding problem with the Action Bar on Android TV, so you can access features like VPN.

I'm holding off on an official update until I can really understand what's going on with TWRP and boot verification, but thought I'd share here for folks who don't care about that stuff.
              Hi Magendanz,
              or other person of vast knowledge ...

Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to update my current ATV install (Good Box July Vintage) to this new V0619 version and still keep my installed apps ?

Cheers,
              Pete

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                If you're already on my TVStock variant, you should be able to upgrade to the latest release with an OTA update in TWRP. (I just haven't created that yet.) Just keep in mind that you won't have TWRP in the new ROM, and so you'll need to use the burn package (.img file) to go back. There might be a workaround if I can find a good installable OTAUpdate app.

I have 20170829.121614.V0321, so should I install ATV for 20170919.150557.V0619? Can you please prepare the OTA update for this?
              All the boxes I have seen mentioned with 2017.08.29 FW are borked by any FW Flashing (at least so far as I am aware)

Make sure you check function thoroughly with the OEM FW as delivered, before flashing any other FW - Any freezes then beware !!

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, this is very good advice. The prolonged block writes during the firmware flash is the wrong time to be testing your eMMC chipset. Install some apps and confirm that it's fully functional using the factory firmware first.

Originally posted by P.X View Post

All the boxes I have seen mentioned with 2017.08.29 FW are borked by any FW Flashing (at least so far as I am aware)

Make sure you check function thoroughly with the OEM FW as delivered, before flashing any other FW - Any freezes then beware !!
              I am only waiting for the zip. file to upgrade my 20170829.121614.V0321 box to ATV.

Comment

Amlogic USB does not see the device. The driver was installed.
                I push the reset button during connecting usb cable.
                It's not about just pushing the reset button when plugging in, hold it for 5-10 seconds until you hear the windows sound that indicates a USB device was plugged in. It takes my system about 6 seconds before I hear the Device Plugged-In sound. Ensure you have your volume up, and then please confirm if you still have an issue.

Comment

Unfortunately I can not use the img, because my device is not recognized. I installed the usb drives - but it does not work.
                  Keep trying. It took me a good 15 minutes of unplugging and replugging the device yesterday before it was finally seen. Ensure the reset button is held in when you plug it in. I was ready to hulk smash this thing last night!

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                    Magendanz,

I just received mine with 20170829.121614.V0321 firmware, here's the link to the firmware duump https://mega.nz/#!ULI20bQK!BB_knxnfh...RgTFsl6qnpA6rI
                    I was burn this image M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V03 21.img on sd card and trying boot... and I was observed the same problem like before...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-09-29 16-34-02_$.png Views:	1 Size:	206.3 KB ID:	674437

Android human with the sign of the cross

Maybe I'm using the wrong program settings...

option 1 -> tested -> Android human with the sign of the cross
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	7.7 KB ID:	674443

option 2 - tested -> without erase bootloader after boot i see green screen and blue light was turn on...
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	8.2 KB ID:	674444

Gents.... what do you think about it?

all possibile options in screen below...
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-09-29 17-01-43_$.png Views:	1 Size:	8.4 KB ID:	674455
                    which should I set?
                    Last edited by essir; 09-29-2017, 16:16.

Comment

Magendanz commented
                      09-29-2017, 00:53

Now that we have an .img file for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware, you can always roll back.

As far as I remember i HAD a functional device with original M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V03 21 firmware

1) OTA UPDATE TVStock Nexus ROM (20170825) from first post resulted in showing the Nexus logo on startup, but nothing more
                      2) BURN PACKAGE TVStock Nexus ROM (20170825) with BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 got stuck with Android logo and a red cross (same for OEM firmware (20170815.182813.V0321))
                      3) using Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 with the above images and the new M8S_PRO+-20170919.150557.V0619.img failed with [0x10303004] or [0x139f0902] error codes

Now, I was hoping to get back with the M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20170928.img provided in few posts above by Magendanz to a functional device. Unfortunately I also get the same error codes withe the Burning Tool with this image.

Did anybody with a bricked "newer" device succeed to get back a functional box?

Comment

i manage to brink my box...
                        i have blue led on, in the screen of my tv saws 'MECOOL' and ..nothing else happen.
                        what i have to do to brink back to life?
                        please help my!!

Comment

Is this test version also working on p212?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No, it's just for the M8S Pro+ (p21x) for now. For p212, I'll need to use the U2+ bootloader and kernel.
                        Working...
                        X