Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone already flashed the ATV ROM from the latest OEM SW 20170829?

I currently have no freezes with SW 20170829 and do not know if I should flash.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no ATV ROM based on the 20170829 OEM firmware release. I'll need a copy of that .img file first (or a dump from someone who received it from the factory on their box), then I can create it.

Originally posted by driver View Post

I used 20170829 for a week or so with no hang or signs of over heat.
    The box hangs right after flashing with the ATV7.1 Rom.
    And because there weren't 20170829 fw, i couldn't get the image back to the version that didn't hang sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post

Hi, before you do, can you dump it for Magendanz

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      I haven't seen a link for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware release yet. If anyone can direct me to a copy, that would be very much appreciated.

Update: If anyone has this ROM currently on their box, you can clone the partitions by running dump_partitions.bat in this tool: http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60

(It connects via a male-to-male Type A USB OTG cable and the WorldCup device driver, just like with USB Burning Tool.)

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Hi, before you do, can you dump it for Magendanz

yes, but I have to order a USB cable. So it will take a few days

Comment

Hi,

I will get tomorrow my mecool m8s pro+ and I have few questions.

I want to install TVStock ROM via OTA Update.

How to do backup?

I must download ZIP file and install it via USB or microsd, yes?
          I must wipe data or something else?

What if install failed. What I should do?

I don't have a USB - USB cable at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex76 View Post
            Hi,

I will get tomorrow my mecool m8s pro+ and I have few questions.

I want to install TVStock ROM via OTA Update.

How to do backup?

I must download ZIP file and install it via USB or microsd, yes?
            I must wipe data or something else?

What if install failed. What I should do?

I don't have a USB - USB cable at this moment.
            don't install it yet. When you receive it tomorrow, check the build version on your box and report.

Comment

i find it wierd how so many people are having problems with this box, im waiting for my second one to arrive, as i was impressed by the first one, but for the firstone i ota flashed it the first time, then twrp for the second update and my box has never froze and plays everything i throw at it, never missed a bit, im just hoping my second box is the same

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post
                i find it wierd how so many people are having problems with this box, im waiting for my second one to arrive, as i was impressed by the first one, but for the firstone i ota flashed it the first time, then twrp for the second update and my box has never froze and plays everything i throw at it, never missed a bit, im just hoping my second box is the same
                My first box was flashed with this ROM, and had no problems whatsoever. The second box, which i ordered two weeks later, is freezing. So i think its a hardware issue...

Comment

Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone reported all these recent issues back to the manufacturer directly ?

Gearbest told me to use the original update ZIP while Geekbuying are saying flash the later IMG and both these options seem to make things considerably worse for those of us with "Freezing" issues ? I just wonder if there is any proper advice from the actual source as it were ??

The service responses seem to be simple generic answers e.g. Switch it off and on again, reset to factory default, re-flash the ROM ....

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post

My first box was flashed with this ROM, and had no problems whatsoever. The second box, which i ordered two weeks later, is freezing. So i think its a hardware issue...
                    Do you know which SW Version was on the boxes by Default?

Comment

Could you please check CPU speed of both of them? Does the first one have 2.0GHz CPU speed? Thank you

Comment

Teh second one i cannot do anything with im afraid. I cannot even get past the setup menus. But i can check the first one...do i use an app?

Comment

Teh second one i cannot do anything with im afraid. I cannot even get past the setup menus. But i can check the first one...do i use an app?
                          You can use Aida64 from google play market

Comment

Hi,
                            Both my boxes say 1.51GHz in AIDA64 and CPU-Z
                            Pretty sure I read that max rated chip speed is 2.0 but as all these Android TV type boxes are passive cooling almost all are down clocked at 1.5

Pete

Comment

I have build number: NHG47L 2017.09.14.183646.V0619
                              Last edited by Alex76; 09-26-2017, 11:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X