Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 comment

#525.1
    Magendanz commented
    09-28-2017, 09:55
    So, you're thinking that the process of flashing an earlier ROM and restoring back to the original is somehow permanently damaging the device? That seems unlikely

Hi,

Seems highly unlikely. But...

I haven't been able to get back to the Original 08.29 OEM ROM yet, as not available yet, so don' know for sure. I do know that my box isn't restored to a working state by flashing the latest OEM V0619

From reading the posts all who have flashed an earlier FW on a 08.29 box have booked units now.

I await a version of 08.29 that I can flash to see what happens.
    In the meantime the available info suggests caution.

Pete

Comment

Well I hope my new box when it comes is the old one

Comment

So, with a slightly more awkward process I was able to create the following:

Nexus TVStock variant: M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20170928.img

Despite my inability to install TWRP recovery, I really like this V0619 ROM. It's fast, plays 4K@60fps in KODI smoothly, has a nicely laid out Settings menu with all the functions you need. Best of all, they've fixed the longstanding problem with the Action Bar on Android TV, so you can access features like VPN.

I'm holding off on an official update until I can really understand what's going on with TWRP and boot verification, but thought I'd share here for folks who don't care about that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Despite my inability to install TWRP recovery, I really like this V0619 ROM. It's fast, plays 4K@60fps in KODI smoothly, has a nicely laid out Settings menu with all the functions you need. Best of all, they've fixed the longstanding problem with the Action Bar on Android TV, so you can access features like VPN.

I'm holding off on an official update until I can really understand what's going on with TWRP and boot verification, but thought I'd share here for folks who don't care about that stuff.
          Is this for the new boxes? Or the older ones like I have?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            It was built on my older box that shipped with the 20170629.183809.V0321 OEM firmware. I really can't speak for any other board configurations, but we've clearly got an issue there. This should behave just like the OEM 20170919.150557.V0619 build that was its foundation. All I really changed were apps.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Can I use it with 20170829.121614.V0321?
          What about the OTA update?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, but we're still looking for a dump of that build. I didn't include an OTA update on this because it's 3:45am right now and I'm tired.

Since I have twrp can I use the IMG to install it?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you can't install a burn package with TWRP. Despite the common file extension, the Amlogic burn package is a proprietary image file format that includes multiple partitions in one file. TWRP only does raw individual partition images.

Originally posted by ready View Post

My bad experience with the 08.29 box from GB is only with FW that predates the installed FW.
          Using the later OEM V0619 firmware (or derivative) has not been confirmed as safe or otherwise on these boxes.... Test pilots needed !

Comment

Tried this now, unfortunately hangs both in Android and LE. Thank you Magendanz for your effort!!

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post
              Tried this now, unfortunately hangs both in Android and LE. Thank you Magendanz for your effort!!
              GeekBuying box also bites the dust !

LE is from SD/external boot ?

Comment

SD card yes. LE works a little longer though...maybe 3-4 minutes now. 5 sec before. But still hangs. Android cannot get past install menus.

Comment

In my LE from SD Card works well.
                  I have a problem to boot LE, but I download terminal emulator and wrote command: reboot uploader.

Comment

Originally posted by ready View Post

I recommend that you hang on to the stock fw because there is no single unit of that stock that reported to have worked with the ROM.

Comment

Rather than risk bricking boxes is it possible to install an ATV ROM to SD card as is done with Libreelec?

Comment

Hello,
                        I want to dump 20170829.121614.V0321 for Magendanz.

I run dump_partitions.bat from this tool: http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60, but I go the error - see attached screen.

Could you please help me? Maybe there is another way to do it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It looks like you don't have the WorldCup drivers installed. The easiest way to do that is to just install USB Burning Tool, which is linked in the OP. If successful, you'll hear a sound from your PC when you connect the USB cable.

dear friends, i recived second box, android is the same like in the first, 29 08 17. I can not connect box via usb 2,0, i dont know why.... i try with reset button and without.. on 3 diffrent computers i try too, win 7 32 and 64 bit...with power suplly and without....i try with usb burn tool version 2.05-2.09 the same situation all the time.. what i am do wrong?

Comment

Working...
                        X