Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the list of people who had an M8S Pro+ become worthless after flashing the first time. During bootup it would lockup anywhere between 10-20seconds. Geekbuying gave me a near complete refund and I replaced it with one from Gearbest.

Comment

Originally posted by silicon View Post
      Add me to the list of people who had an M8S Pro+ become worthless after flashing the first time. During bootup it would lockup anywhere between 10-20seconds. Geekbuying gave me a near complete refund and I replaced it with one from Gearbest.
      Mine was from Gearbest - Bad ones all over the place !
      Wonder what the cause is ?

Comment

Hello Magendanz,

I'm going to install the rom tomorrow, because I just ordered the USB A-A cable. Hard to believe that such cables are not lying around nowadays while I got like over 10 micro usb cables.
        Anyhow, my Build on my M8S PRO+ box is already 20170829.121614.V0321
        Will this work fine too? Because I noticed in your Changelog (20170825) it says the update is to the latest firmware 20170815.182813.V0321.

Should I get this firmware to replace the later one that I have in order for the ROm to work?

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
          Mine was from Gearbest - Bad ones all over the place !
          Wonder what the cause is ?
          Its a mystery but I'm guessing its a QC issue if multiple people are seeing same issue. Maybe bad memory chip or maybe a blown cap?. I wasted way too much time and would have been better off had it just flat out died. I did save the power supply and remote.

Comment

Hi,
            That is pretty much what happened with my second box - Froze between 30s and lots longer. Thought it might be a memory thing, hitting a bad section/chip ??
            After a flash with the OEM ROM it wouldn't go more than about 30s, and after a few more attempts with various ROMs it is still crashing 20-30s after power applied !
            More info backwards in the OEM M8S Pro+ Box thread.

Hope you get a good replacement, seems to be at least 3 or 4 of us here with badly freezing boxes.

Pete
            Thanks for your input P.X Hopefully they will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post

Thanks for your input P.X Hopefully they will replace it.
              This is the Gearbest Customer Service Process (not sure where you bought yours?)

Attached Files

Comment

I used geekbuy...i've sent tham an email. Hoping for the best .)

Comment

This is the Gearbest Customer Service Process (not sure where you bought yours?)
                  I'm in the process of a refund / return with Gearbest ...Hope to see my credit before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post
                    I used geekbuy...i've sent tham an email. Hoping for the best .)
                    It took about a week of back and forth emails before they offered refund mainly because it take them 24-48hrs to reply.

Comment

I followed all the steps and successfully loaded the ROM to my MECOOL M8S PRO+.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	burn success.png Views:	1 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	673002
                      I clicked Stop. Closed the Tool. Disconnected the USB Cable.
                      Then Disconnected the Power from MECOOL to Reboot the machine.

Splash Screen NExus Came.
                      Then that 4 Rounded and Colorful things loading, and then it froze on that screen.

Any idea how to get past it? Now the box always hangs and never got past the 4 circle stage.
                      Update: I restarted another time, this time the 'ANDROID' word came and then it got into the 'Select Language' but hanged there as I was about to select English.

Meanwhile, the same box I already have LE on dualboot so I'm just using it now for Kodi alone..
                      Appreciate some help, Thanks!

Comment

I tried something else. I get the box to recovery mode and TWRP is there on screen.
                        (I was thinking to go thru the ROM flash one more time)
                        Update2: I did go through using USB Burning Tool and successfully sent the file in one more time. But the box still hang and doesn't get to the Android wording.

If I get the box to recovery screen with TWRP, is there anything i can do to get the box to load into ATV?

Update3: I finally got to login, put my google id etc, and the launcher was on. But in between, one after another services is crashing.
                        Android TV remote Service Has stopped (able to restart it)
                        Google Services Framework has stopped (able to restart it)
                        Leanback Launcher has Stopped (able to restart it)

Well this time, what I did was I used my Bluetooth Keyboard and it allowed me to get in. The last few times, I was either not doing anything when it hanged, or pressing a few times the MECOOL IR Remote before it hangs.

Now then I got in though, the box had just reboot by itself once. I am now going to check to see if it has anything to do my Firmware. Remember my MECOOL box has had the 20170829 firmware. (NOT the 20170815)
                        The Leanback Launcher has Stopped and then this time I wasn't able to restart it and it hanged.

I went on to use burning tool to get the box back to MECOOL's rom but the 20170815 one which is downloadable from geekbuying website.
                        The box restart but after the MECOOL splash screen, it hangs there (saying running for the first time)
                        I let the screen stayed there for half hour and since it was clearly hanged i plugged off the power (even though it says dont plug off)

Got the box back to ATV rom. After entering the language, it will ask if you got a google phone or tablet, I chose No.
                        Then it hangs at Checking for updates.

Now I am actually getting it back on the nexus, but it repeatedly hang as before. oh well, getting it back on LE and kodi for a while till i get some help from the guys here.
                        Last edited by grimmie; 09-25-2017, 04:29.

Comment

Meanwhile, Geekbuying price down for this device, it is now $29.99

Comment

I can't say for sure but what you are describing sound similar to what several of us experienced after flashing. I was not able to recover the box despite innumerable re-flashes. If you are able to boot to LE consider that a minor victory as mine would not get that far.

Comment

I managed to boot to LE. But I just realized that now the unit Hangs even at LE. Now my unit is with the 20170815 ROM.
                              So I guess we probably have to ask the manufacturer for that 20170829 fw, I suspect that's the problem.
                              I notice the box is never overly hot either.

I suppose LE is independent of Android since it's a different OS. But I guess the FW of the unit locks the machine somehow so LE is not beneath it.

I guess time to write to geekbuying and manufacturer..

Update: I tried a few more times with LE, it kind of work so I can use Kodi for now. (1 hour plus and no crash so far on LE)
                              Last edited by grimmie; 09-25-2017, 06:14.

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It seems you're hitting the same hardware issues that many others on this thread are experiencing. It doesn't seem to affect every device, but no one has been able to identify precisely what's causing the problem. Several people here have managed to get return authorizations, but I'm not aware of a software fix. It seems to happen on many different ROMs.

I did use the stock rom (20170829) that the box came with, which didn't have a problem.
                              But right after i flashed this rom, and even i try getting back to mecool's 20170815 fw, the same problem persists. (I don't have the 20170829 fw)
                              Then as of now, LE works continuous for the last 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X