Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used both releases so far did the first one via ota then the second one via twrp and I havnt had a single problem with this ROM at all, just purchased a second vox so I can do the same thing . Another question I have a USB dvb-t stick how hard would they be to get working on these boxes?

Comment

@Magendanz commented (09-13-2017, 16:54)
      Actually, the notification bar is hidden all the time on Android TV builds. You might want to check on non-ATV (Nano and Stock variants), though. Apps can hide both navigation and notification (a.k.a. status) bars if they choose.

Originally posted by Karce View Post
      There is a new YouTube for Android TV version you can download from apkmirror. It was uploaded earlier this month.
      Originally posted by P.X View Post
      Mine is showing ATV YouTube Version 2.00.19
      and
      there is an Update available in the Play Store 2.01.04

Thanks for all the replies...appreciated.
      As I said, I'm still running the stock Android 7.1.1 that came with the box.

I tried Youtube.tv 1.3.11 because its got a good interface that I like...and works with the IR remote...but DOES NOT auto-hide the top notification bar when playing videos.
      I have now also tried 2.00.19 and the latest 2.01.04 but both DO NOT auto-hide the top notification bar when playing videos...which I find very distracting !!

I have tried Youtube for Android 12.34.55 and while the interface is not as good as 1.3.11 it DOES auto-hide the notification bar. However, this version only works with a mouse pointer...and the included remote with MECOOL M8S PRO+ does have a mouse pointer...but its a pain to use....you really need an AIR mouse.

It looks like I may have to update to the OTA ATV rom....because Guest has stated that "the notification bar is hidden all the time on Android TV builds"
      I'm a bit hesitant updating to the ATV rom in case of issues...because at the moment my box is running perfectly with stock rom.

l have a Minix X8H-Pus (Android 5.1.1) and it runs Youtube.tv (1.3.8 or 1.3.11) without that annoying notification bar...and was hoping it would be the same on the MECOOL M8S PRO+,
      Last edited by legnosecco; 09-15-2017, 08:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

There might be an issue with the 20170815 OEM firmware release, upon which this custom ROM was built. Have you tried rolling back to the 20170730 release? (This was available only as an OTA update, so install in TWRP and don't forget to do a Wipe first) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZ0C0X-jM77e3x1oyQ
        Through TWRP I performed the default wipe (factory reset) and then installed the zip you suggested. But still the same problem, it wasn't even possible to do the required Google sign in.
        com.android.provision and several other processes randomly crash. The reboots sometimes even happen while the boot logo is still showing.
        Earlier I noticed some video glitches as well... I'm declaring this one DOA.

Just send a message to the seller.. Thanks again Magendanz!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I think you got a bad unit. A common problem is a poorly seated heat sink, which can cause them to quickly overheat. (Depending on the chipset design, this can result in a hang or a reset.)

I just got the MeCool M8S Pro Plus, and installed the OTA updated (don't have the usb male-male cable) and checked both wipe boxes. Initially everything seemed to work fine (exept for during the initial setup my phone wouldn't find the device, and the pairing on the M8S would fail after only a few seconds). I've installed Kodi on it, and after playing a few high quality/bitrate 1080p eposides without issues, now audio will stutter, then dissapear and finally Kodi will become unresponsive. This happened yesterday and this morning. It's a bit warmer than normal around the box, but not that much.
        To make sure it isn't the OTA update, would I need to get a male-male USB cabel or is twrp installed so that I could reflash locally?

Update: just got my device from Banggood a few days ago. Will try with LibreELEC as well to se if the instability i started seeing is SW or HW related.
        Last edited by Selectaa; 09-15-2017, 13:48. Reason: Clarified hang in setup and added the "Update:"

Comment

How is it some people have problems but then someone like me has nothing wrong with the box whatsoever? I've smashed it every day with kodi Plex YouTube, currently streaming DVT thru kodi on it now this box has not skipped a beat

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the question that has been keeping me up at night! Were some of us lucky enough to get updated PCB designs that fixed these issues?

Will let you know in 2 weeks when I get my second box

Comment

So I discovered an issue that I cannot add another account to the box. The initial setup allowed me to setup my gmail account, however I also have another google account which I wanted to setup, however attempting to add the other account by going into Settings > Add Account causes the service to crash. Is this a common issue and is there a solution?

Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I just tried it and was able to add a second account with no problems. Did you do a data wipe when you first installed?

Hi,

My second box arrived from BG - Quick 10 days to arrive.

Good news - The power supply is from a different manufacturer and ADSL is now back to running 100%

Bad news - Initially seemed OK testing with OEM ROM 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170829.121624.V0321 but then it started freezing. Can be 20 seconds or 15 minutes but if freezes a lot - it seems to be every time !
            Box doesn't seem to be getting hot, but that would be my guess.
            Don't want to re-flash as it might happen during and .... BAD !

Seems to be a bit of a lottery going on. Some good , some bad

Video of a couple of freezes (Shaky, hand held, excuses, excuses etc.)

Pete

Comment

Just wondering ?
              Is there an ATV ROM for the MINIX Neo U9-H ???

Seems to be the only box I can find with the Level 1 Widevine like the M8SPro+ and better general specs (at a cost)

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post
                Another question I have a USB dvb-t stick how hard would they be to get working on these boxes?
                You need to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton from HERE

And known working DVB-T tuners for LE are found HERE

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
                  Just wondering ?
                  Is there an ATV ROM for the MINIX Neo U9-H ???

Seems to be the only box I can find with the Level 1 Widevine like the M8SPro+ and better general specs (at a cost)

Pete
                  Yes an ATV ROM is found

Underlying Marshmallow Firmware from MINIX is really good, with nice compatibility for Android Kodi Krypton. - refresh switch for example all works.
                  There is no DD+ 5.1 Audio from ATV Netflix and you have to use a specific modded ATV Netflix App.

However it is the fastest AMLogic box on the market for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton. High spec RAM and Samsung eMMC flash storage make a difference.
                  Quality hardware the U9 with a massive heastsink for proper thermal control.

As you said you pay for these quality hardware components.
                  Last edited by neomode; 09-15-2017, 20:53.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please stay on topic. This one is for my custom ROM for the M8S Pro+, not the MINIX Neo U9-H or LibreELEC.

Originally posted by Karce View Post
                  So I discovered an issue that I cannot add another account to the box. The initial setup allowed me to setup my gmail account, however I also have another google account which I wanted to setup, however attempting to add the other account by going into Settings > Add Account causes the service to crash. Is this a common issue and is there a solution?

Thanks.
                  #307.1
                    • Magendanz commented
                      09-15-2017, 11:43
                      I just tried it and was able to add a second account with no problems. Did you do a data wipe when you first installed? + More Options
                  Yes I did, but I will reflash it again....Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a defect before I spent some time re-flashing and setting it up again

Thanks

Comment

Hi everybody,

I am really happy with this Box Mecool with Android Tv 7.1, it works perfectly with Netflix 1080p, Youtube etc ... I also have the Beelink GT1 but unfortunately Netflix does not work because of the DRM. So I think this Box Mecool M8S Pro Plus is the best solution for 30 Euros.

A demo video in French : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKha7XrpHs

I do not know too much Android Tv but with my iMac or my Xiaomi phone, I can share a video from the youtube application via email,Facebook etc... but with Android Tv, it does not offer the sharing option, is this normal?

I wanted to know if there is other Box Android with DRM to display 4K Netflix?
                    I know the Nvidia Shield TV, but the price is too high.

Can you tell me which boxes have Android Tv compatible Netflix 4K?

Again thank you for all the work you do.

Comment

Originally posted by pazoo View Post
                      Can you tell me which boxes have Android Tv compatible Netflix 4K?
                      Xiaomi Mi Box = Netflix 4k

Comment

What is the most correct way to make the upgrade to ATV?
                        Last edited by ready; 09-16-2017, 18:52.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The safest is using male-to-male Type A USB cable and USB Burning Tool.
                      Working...
                      X