Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.X View Post
    Already tried a different PS - exactly the same - Just freezes every time now during start-up
    Another suggestion, when I was working with the engineer from Beelink about his RK3288 box debugging, we would send him the logcat information so he could find the issues.

Install Aptoid on your box and then use that to install the app "syslog". That app will create the log files necessary for the engineers at Video Strong (maker of these boxes) to find and solve these issues. You will also need to install Xplore from the Google app store, so you can find the log files created, and paste them to someplace you can access them, like a pen drive, or in my case, I paste them to a folder on my NAS.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Already tried a different PS - exactly the same - Just freezes every time now during start-up
      I just emailed support at VideoStrong ([email protected]) , manufacture of these boxes, requesting some support for your issues.........

"Dear Sir, a lot of your customers are having problems with your box ( MeCool M8S Pro PLUS) freezing. I hope you can assist in solving these issues.........

Please have a look at this website, and see all the issues some people are having. I think we can provide the logcats that are necessary to solve the problems.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...11b-g-n/page31

If you could join this forum and help solve problems, it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Ron

aka clarkss12"

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the ideas, but unfortunately this box no longer gets past the boot animation.

Pete

Comment

Which app do you recommend for managing the root access of apps? I have rooted stock rom but there is no app installed to manage the root access.

Sent from my Huawei Mate S using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello everyone, I too am facing the freezing issue.
            I got my box yesterday and, although I've used it on the stock firmware for no more than 15 minutes, I haven't experienced a single freeze.
            Then I've done a full backup with twrp, flashed Magendanz's TVStock ROM and the box started freezing systematically, either on the boot logo or on the language selection screen.
            So I tried to restore the backup but the problem remains, the box freezes on the mecool home screen.
            I choose this box because was affordable and has custom ATV rom available, but I'm disappointed. I assume that previous buyers don't have this problem and that is only this recent stock that has it. Should I contact Gearbest and try to get a refund?
            BTW, thank you for your work Magendanz, even though I haven't been able to appreciate it.
            Last edited by ldr321; 09-23-2017, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ldr321 View Post
              Hello everyone, I too am facing the freezing issue.
              I got my box yesterday and, although I've used it on the stock firmware for no more than 15 minutes, I haven't experienced a single freeze.
              Then I've done a full backup with twrp, flashed Magendanz's TVStock ROM and the box started freezing systematically, either on the boot logo or on the language selection screen.
              So I tried to restore the backup but the problem remains, the box freezes on the mecool home screen.
              I choose this box because was affordable and has custom ATV rom available, but I'm disappointed. I assume that previous buyers don't have this problem and that is only this recent stock that has it. Should I contact Gearbest and try to get a refund?
              BTW, thank you for your work Magendanz, even though I haven't been able to appreciate it.
              Hi,
              My second box would freeze after 30 sec or 2 hours or ??? - completely random as far as I could tell.

Start Support Ticket Immediately with GB - Defective On Arrival

They will reply

Dear X,
              Thank you for contacting Gearbest .........

Reply with video, or add Video (eMail or Link) to Original Support Ticket (I uploaded to YouTube and gave them link)
              They will then add reply

Dear X,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.We have received your information.
              We need to confirm this issue with our technical team and will get back to you with an update as soon as possible. We will then ......

They will then add Reply
              Dear X,
              Thank you very much for your recent order with our site.

We have got the feedback from our QC team, we suggest you should restore factory settings in the system settings.
              If it still does not work, we suggest you should upgrade the system:
              https://mega.nz/#F!gqgXwSCa!sFNDXrV_EMzAYAcJ68dV0w .......

You send "Did all that - Still doesn't work" in your words !!

They will then add Reply

Dear X,
              We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.
              Kindly refer to our warranty policy here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html and terms and conditions from
              http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:

1)Keep the Item and accept refund on GB Wallet (store credit) ........

They may also add to GB wallet refund line -and exceptionally reward you with extra points (e.g. If your refund is 1USD = 2 points ,3USD=3*2 points => get 6 points etc)

You then Reply with your choice ....
              At least that is what I have found happens !

Best of luck,
              Pete

see attached .doc for full messages
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I am going to do as you said and hopefully I will get the same outcome.

Comment

Gee, I have used the box for about a week now.
                  This makes me think if I should flash the rom. Do you guys think it's the rom or is it just bad luck?
                  Like some of you, I received the box with this build.
                  M8S PRO+userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q
                  20170829.121614.V0321

I have a Fire TV for Netflix and Amazon Prime TV, but I am trying to get to ATV on MECOOL Pro+ to just see the Live TV Channels. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Comment

Meanwhile, thought to share with you guys, I bought my Mecool box from geekbuying.
                    Check out this page below, 4 days ago posting about Firmware update.
                    It is strange but the firmware recommended is 20170815 version when the one that I got is 20170829
                    Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box. 2GB/16GB PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Sep 19, 2017 What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie View Post
                      Gee, I have used the box for about a week now.
                      This makes me think if I should flash the rom. Do you guys think it's the rom or is it just bad luck?
                      Like some of you, I received the box with this build.
                      M8S PRO+userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q
                      20170829.121614.V0321

I have a Fire TV for Netflix and Amazon Prime TV, but I am trying to get to ATV on MECOOL Pro+ to just see the Live TV Channels. Do you guys think it's worth it?
                      Hi,

My box showed signs of problems from arrival - Freezing a lot (every boot, often within a few seconds or minutes, and crashing as well.
                      I found using the direction keys, pausing, skipping, generally doing things caused the issue to happen sooner.

I first did a re-flash to the Gearbest provided ZIP OEM ROM (20170727) and that caused the box to freeze much quicker and meant that the box effectively bricked itself as it couldn't complete First Setup procedure.

Applying further IMG firmwares via the USB burning tool just made things worse such that the freeze now happens 10-20 seconds after power-up.

If you test your new box fully for a good time and suffer no freezes then ...

I have not seen a link to the 20170829 FW in any form, ZIP nor IMG.

The latest available in IMG form seems to be 20170815, but Magendanz or others may have more information

Pete

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	m8spro+.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	672900
                        Here's a screenshot from my box taken just now. It shows the firmware that I got it from when the box is received about 2 weeks ago.
                        Not sure if I should 'upgrade' this to the 20170815
                        Attached Files

Comment

I haven't seen a link for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware release yet. If anyone can direct me to a copy, that would be very much appreciated.

Update: If anyone has this ROM currently on their box, you can clone the partitions by running dump_partitions.bat in this tool: http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60

(It connects via a male-to-male Type A USB OTG cable and the WorldCup device driver, just like with USB Burning Tool.)
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2017, 07:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                            I haven't seen a link for the 20170829.121614.V0321 OEM firmware release yet. If anyone can direct me to a copy, that would be very much appreciated.
                            I'm trying to get it from geekbuying. The ATV rom is real nice when I manage to peek. Hope to be able to get it and send you a copy.

Comment

Hi,

My box showed signs of problems from arrival - Freezing a lot (every boot, often within a few seconds or minutes, and crashing as well.
                              I found using the direction keys, pausing, skipping, generally doing things caused the issue to happen sooner.

I first did a re-flash to the Gearbest provided ZIP OEM ROM (20170727) and that caused the box to freeze much quicker and meant that the box effectively bricked itself as it couldn't complete First Setup procedure.

Applying further IMG firmwares via the USB burning tool just made things worse such that the freeze now happens 10-20 seconds after power-up.

If you test your new box fully for a good time and suffer no freezes then ...

I have not seen a link to the 20170829 FW in any form, ZIP nor IMG.

The latest available in IMG form seems to be 20170815, but Magendanz or others may have more information

Pete
                              I have also same problems (freezing, crashes). I bought the device from GearBest and they offer me the half price refund and now I don't accept. But they don't want to give full refund since I don't return item back. Return shipping fee costs more than the refund :/ They sell 1.5 GHz CPU but they advertise as 2.0 GHz. What a tricky :O

Comment

Examine the Terms of Sales from your sales contract. And what country are you from? Gearbest is probably a large company to be negotiating a case just for you.
                                What I'm trying to say is, if they already have that as the Sales/Warranty Terms then you have already accepted them when you bought it from them.

Edit: Out of respect to this forum, the discussion should be focused on the ROM and Magendanz' work. I'm sorry to blabber about return etc with youmabocoglu Deal that with your retailer.
                                Last edited by grimmie; 09-25-2017, 16:54.

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Actually, this is the general information thread on the device, so feel free to discuss hardware and RMA issues. I've got other threads dedicated to my custom ROM releases for the M8S Pro+.
                              Working...
                              X