Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Probably do nothing !

Lots (if not all) of this build of box have freezing issues with the installed OEM ROM and fail miserably with any earlier ROM. Later ROM may also cause failure - so far undetermined.

You may want to check the physical box build is with SEC and D/X chips as in posted photo of my offending box.

If you have any freezing issue I would not do anything except start a Defective-on-Arrival service note. If tech support tell you to do an update then it is their fault if the box is borked by this.
    Gearbest support do not seem to have up to date info and have so far told users to update using first OEM OTA zip !?

Let us know anything you find ...

Thx for the quick response?
    From your experience ​​​​can I hope for a refund from gb?because it was freezing since I opened it....
    Last edited by satyros; 09-28-2017, 18:02.

Comment

I got a full credit to GearBest Wallet but some have only been given part refunds, no idea why the difference ?

I posted a .doc of my emails with GB earlier, in case it helps anyone.

Good luck

Comment

Anyone used 500 GB or 1 TB external hard drives? I need to buy one but I'm not sure about maximum supported capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by satyros View Post

Thx for the quick response?
          From your experience ​​​​can I hope for a refund from gb?because it was freezing since I opened it....
          geekbuying like any other retailer has a policy for return and refund. You should look at their website and you will find the information you require.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Looks like trebor found an OTA update for 20170919.150557.V6019 posted on the GeekBuying blog: https://mega.nz/#F!uZNjnR6Z!QAhnJ_q05q3kk2CGTmRIbQ

I'll convert this to a burn package later tonight.

UPDATE: Here's the .img file: http://freaktab.org/1a39f6c99cfc7a8a
            Hi, i ordered the box, but i haven received yet. I am downloading the firmware files in case my box comes with issues.

I went to this page: http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/09/m...date-20170919/

And it has a download link, but i think that IMG is for the 0815 Firmware, it weights 1.3 GB: http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...2813.V0321.img

Now watching this link: http://freaktab.org/1a39f6c99cfc7a8a it comes with this file: M8S_PRO+-20170919.150557.V06 19.img it weights 1.51GB, that's the 0919 OEM Firmware. Or is it your Android TV 7.1 Firmware ?

Here in MEGA there is another OTA Firmware: https://mega.nz/#F!uZNjnR6Z!QAhnJ_q05q3kk2CGTmRIbQ It is named M8S_PRO+-ota-20170919.150557.V0619.zip, it weights 987.4 MB, i suppose it is the same OEM 0919 firmware, just as an OTA download. That's why it weights less MB than the files posted before.

Any 0919 Firmware would be OK to flash, right ? I just want to know if both link are for OEM firmware of if any of those link are for the Android TV 7.1 firmware

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, the OTA updates are going to be smaller, since they're compressed as .zip files. I'd recommend you install the latest official OTA update from the OEM, then see how you like it. The burn package (.img file) is really for those wanting to do a clean install, just like at the factory.

If you find you'd prefer more of a Nexus Player experience, then you could install my latest Nexus TVStock custom ROMs. If you just want Kodi, you could install LE.

But if you end up with one of the bad batch with NAND problems, you're basically screwed no matter what firmware you install. Even installing LE on an SD card will exhibit the problems, just less frequently because you're not running off eMMC.

It depends what fw your box gets shipped out as. If it is 20170829 then all people (me inclusive) has had the box crashing after loading the firmware from either the 20170815 or 20170919 firmware on the GB firmware blog. I recommend you not to use either of this firmware.
            But you'd want to head to LE to get this box to run that OS from a micro SD Card (you need to invest in a $12 Level 10 SDHC) and have a very smooth kodi.

Comment

does this work

Comment

oops sorry seems like it does tried to post using my phone but didn't work earlier kept on saying unapproved. So let me fill you in on whats happened so far as I really need your help...

I bought a mecool m8s pro+ 2/16gb box with widevine L1 and us plug version which came through yesterday from Bangood which i ordered early september. I believe the firmware preinstalled was dated august but cannot recall the date, however I then tried using the burning tool to use the tvstock nexus rom Guest created to get the android tv experience. In order to get the burning to recognize the device I had to click hold the button using a pin behind the front grill, then plug in the male usb. The box has a pinhole underneath but there is no button. Once it was recognized i went ahead and imported the image and clicked start.... having ticked normal erase and bootloader. Initially after few % it failed.. something about partition. Then tried again it gave another reason. Then tried again with another mangendanz rom dated earlier and again it failed. So i kept trying and eventually I didn't have to hold the button anymore, the burning tool recognized the box straight away. However now it only goes to 4% and the reason shown is unknown. Also the box is only showing red light before it used to show red and blue when connected to the burning tool or when I used to switch it on.

I really need you help to seek out any use out of the box as now i believe its bricked and i cannot restore it to factory either. I only used the box for 30mins before trying to install the atv rom to a fully unusable box. If you require further details let me know.

Many Thanks
                Rez

The link below shows someone else who have had this issue...but it was dated Jan 2017.

I have TX3 Pro android box and it's bricked. I want to restore the firmware with usb burning tool but it always getting error when I start it. It stuck on 4% at

Comment

Those who have TV Box with the 20170815 firmware, will updated to the last firmware 20170919 or not? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
                    Hardware (component) change between my first and second boxes ...

BB-ROC170703PS - July Version : Chips marked ..
                    EMMC : SAMSUNG 646 . KLMAG2WEPD-B031 . S4ZN1010 (EOL 3bit MLC - Data Sheet)
                    Memory Chips (?) : C71V217400

BB-ROC170811PS - August Version : Chips marked ..
                    EMMC : SEC 701 . KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034 (Current 2bit MLC - Data Sheet)
                    Memory Chips (?) : D / G
                    Pete, which box was exhibiting the problems again? Is it the eMMC 5.1 chip?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Pete, which box was exhibiting the problems again? Is it the eMMC 5.1 chip?
                      I can tell you it's the August version. (is that eMMC 5.1?)

Comment

Yes, as grimmie says, August- 5.1

Comment

I will speculate only

Who ever was flashing the Boxes at the factory, not knowing the eMMC has been updated to 5.1 as 5 is EOL.
                          Flashed the old ones then new ones as they piled up so continue

Yep she'll be right mate

Purely speculation only
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

First post here. I have followed this thread for a while as a guest, but decided to register to give you some information from a German forum that might give some additional information. Don't know if they can help, but might not harm. Quite some people ordered the Mecool MS8 Pro+ on 10. Sept from Gearbest and BG (almost same flash sale price) and now they are coming in while other orders are still not shipped yet. I received my Mecool from GB last week and it also has the 20170829.121614.V0321 FW. I didn't notice any freezing yet. No OTA or Custom ROM update. We didn't received any freezing problems in this German forum until now. Here is the thread, if you like reading German: https://www.mydealz.de/deals/mecool-...mment-14961854

Pics from German buyer of BG box. It has a SEC 713 chip. He soldered an USB to UART cabel on the MB.

Last but not least: a big shot to Guest (sounds German) for the great work, I am so tempted to flash your ATV ROM, but have to figure out this problem first

PS: direct translation: stomache dancer. love U to dance. cheers, mate
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
                            Last edited by Hearsay; 09-29-2017, 10:22.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm a few generations removed, but apparently my name means "belly dance" in Luxembourgish. :-)

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            I will speculate only

Who ever was flashing the Boxes at the factory, not knowing the eMMC has been updated to 5.1 as 5 is EOL.
                            Flashed the old ones then new ones as they piled up so continue

Yep she'll be right mate

Purely speculation only
                            For the lazy ones: Samsung states that its eMMC 5.1 chip will be available in 64GB, 32GB and 16GB densities, just like its existing eMMC 5.0 options. The 64GB eMMC 5.1 memory module features a maximum speed of 250 MB/s for sequential data reading and 125 MB/s for sequential writes. For comparison, eMMC 5.0 allows for reads at 250 MB/s and writes at 90 MB/s, so the writing speed has been improved. Furthermore, random read performance has been boosted from 7,000 IOPS to 11,000 IOPS and random write performance reaches 13,000 IOPS, up from 7,000 IOPS.

Comment

Working...
                            X