Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaJoe View Post
    I had trouble after trying the OTA update on my MeCool M8S Pro+ , after reboot it hung at MeCool. , I checked before attempting the upgrade and had the 20170815.182813.V0321 firmware. After several failed attempts at using the windows programs I found a link to a way to burn the upgrade disk using linux. Creating a bootable sd card and using the reset button worked and my MeCool now looks like my Nexus 7 did when it boots up . I used the reset method again to get it to boot to Libreelec and all seems fine.
    I have big problem to boot in recovery to start this method. I never boot with success in memory card and only couple of times boot in recovery on PC. If shorten the pins on the box, will give me ease of access in recovery mode?

Originally posted by grimmie View Post
    You can claim for a full refund with geekbuying. I did the same and have got a full refund.
    OK

Comment

I am new at doing this, I used the paper clip method shown in this thread. It took several tries to get to the button as it is hidden and a couple times the paper clip slipped off the button but after a few tries all started working, my unit went directly into upgrading

Link to picture Magendanz posted below;
      WARNING: There's a bad batch(speculation) of M8S Pro+ boxes which are experiencing regular freezing and crashes. We've narrowed the source of the problem down to a

Comment

Hi,

Just got a new box delivered from BangGood.

My order was made during the super cheap 11th Aniv. Sale but was delayed shipping - Maybe the bad batch was withdrawn !?

The new box is build Date Code - BB-ROC170825PS
        eMMC is Kingston
        RAM is 4x matched code (Not just marked D/X)
        There is NO RESET Button !!
        FW - V0619 (20170914.183646 V0619)

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+Kingston--BB-ROC170825PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.3 KB ID:	675394

UPDATE:
        Bad UK Power Supply - Causes Issues with RF Transmission.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+-BBAD-ChargerLeft1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	675399
        BAD has Round Coax power lead - Good has Twin-Wire lead (also smaller bulge!)
        Last edited by P.X; 10-03-2017, 13:57. Reason: UPDATE: Bad PS

Comment

Has anyone posted the OTA FW on GeekBuying Blog (in this thread) ? - if so apologies for reposting
          http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/09/m...date-20170927/

EDIT: Of course they did ! Page 37 - and there is an IMG link too
          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...166#post674166
          Last edited by P.X; 10-04-2017, 12:02.

Comment

I flashed that OEM tablet Android OS yesterday using its own recovery.img on a good Samsung 5.0 eMMC M8S Pro+ box.
            If I did not get my .zip's mixed up that v0619 .zip update contains an Android TV Google Playstore where you can install all the Android TV Apps and have them run properly on the tablet Android OS.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, technically the OEM firmware is now Android TV, based on its feature definitions and use of the Google Store for Android TV. It just still uses their proprietary VSLauncher instead of Google's Android TV Launcher.

THX - That was what I was hoping to hear ...

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if it will have HDCP 2 as well ???
              For the Netflix 4K as promoted as coming in October ... or just a first step ?

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                I flashed that OEM tablet Android OS yesterday using its own recovery.img on a good Samsung 5.0 eMMC M8S Pro+ box.
                If I did not get my .zip's mixed up that v0619 .zip update contains an Android TV Google Playstore where you can install all the Android TV Apps and have them run properly on the tablet Android OS.
                Why did you flash that Rom?
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Because like quite a few people on here flashing the newer OTA UPDATE ATV ROM over the previous ATV ROM had me stuck at the NEXUS Splash screen.
                  I went back to OEM v0619 Firmware and then flashed the newest OTA UPDATE ATV ROM again.

Comment

MS8 Pro+ Reset Tool

Reset Switch mounting position - Front Right

Short
                    Left Front Pad <==> Any Other Pad

Paper Clip - Cut ends at 45 angle

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27464.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	675750

Requires - Box lid removal
                    Last edited by P.X; 10-04-2017, 19:29.

Comment

Originally posted by stelakis1914 View Post
                      When I rarely succesfully to connect the box with the USB Burning Tool, always the process stopped in 4% and take these faults on photos. Someone can help me to solve this? Thanks.
                      Do you have successfully burned the image, yet? Any tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
                        MS8 Pro+ Reset Tool

Reset Switch mounting position - Front Right

Short
                        Left Front Pad <==> Any Other Pad

Paper Clip - Cut ends at 45 angle

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27464.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	675750

Requires - Box lid removal
                        Thanks for your posts, very helpful. I have the same Bangood supplied box. Mine also says S912 on it on the sticker underneath the case, like the sticker on your board. It's actually S905X though, as I ordered.

I brought it at the cheap price just to use with LE, all attempts to boot to an LE card have failed though. The box fails to boot from cold with LE card in it. The same card boots to LE fine in other boxes through adb reboot update or similar. I'm guessing from your last post above I need to short reset pads just to get LE running, is this correct? Please can you point out the pads for me before I take the thing apart? I see the red box on your pic of the front right of the board, but not sure which pads to short from your later post.

Also you mention the UK supply has RF Transmission problems. I have the same supply, although BG supplied it with a UK plug adapter as well for some reason. Can you elaborate on what the issues are with the UK supply we have? It's near my wifi router, but doesn't seem to cause any noticeable RF issues. I'm using wired rather than wifi from the box FWIW.

Comment

In the image above the pad/hole to the left of the + is the one you need to short to any of the other 3 (all are common linked)

I have ADSL for my broadband and when powered on the ADSL dies a death.
                          You will know if your PS+Box is bad in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                            All you do is reboot Android.

After the very first LibreELEC install/bootup, where you have to use the Reset button.
                            Any subsequent reboots or power ups will boot straight into LibreELEC with no user intervention necessary.

This following is a really good LibreELEC Mod. to do to speed up LibreELEC Kodi quite noticeably for day to day use.

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data (click)
                            LibreELEC does not support the wifi chip, right? How do you get around with internet connection? My router is upstairs, and it is quite hard to run a CAT5 cable down... Do you use a wifi bridge or powerline?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomoneh View Post

Anyone?
                              Not sure why you have a concern about the size of HDD. I tried my 1TB Toshiba external and is recognized by the box without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X