Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest thanks, I got it. Though I'm not really sure how. I'd like to PM you for clarity on this, and a couple other comments you made.
    I'd rather not add any more clutter here, for my friends.
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

What do you mean by same issue? You also had problems downloading the ROMs?

PS: Link to ROMs is online again
      No my issue was I bricked my GT1 using the OTA update with this Rom.
      i never had any issue with the download of the file
      philippe

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        By any chance do you have a GT1 Ultimate with 3GB DRAM?

Magendanz
      yes it is a GT1 Ultimate AX25
      and it works very well with your ROM
      Philippe

Comment

How do I boot into recovery? I tried using some apps from playstore to perform a reboot into recovery but they don't seem to work. I have installed the 251117 (latest nano version)
        Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          How do I boot into recovery? I tried using some apps from playstore to perform a reboot into recovery but they don't seem to work. I have installed the 251117 (latest nano version)
          Thanks!!!
          Reboot v.2.1 or rom toolbox ( j.Rummy apps) works well for me. Try those and see?
          Otherwise, unplug power use a paperclip to gently depress reset button inside v. small port hole on base panel.
          You'll hear and feel a click, apply power hold depressed for ? a "5" count. Should do it.
          It's tricky to stay on button and may be easier to poise wall plug just off making connection. Use two hands on box, then seat wallplug with ? elbow, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Reboot v.2.1 or rom toolbox ( j.Rummy apps) works well for me. Try those and see?
            Otherwise, unplug power use a paperclip to gently depress reset button inside v. small port hole on base panel.
            You'll hear and feel a click, apply power hold depressed for ? a "5" count. Should do it.
            It's tricky to stay on button and may be easier to poise wall plug just off making connection. Use two hands on box, then seat wallplug with ? elbow, etc.

You can also download “amlogic tv box tool”. It will give several tweaks as for exemple the possibility to reboot in Recovery mode ..... that’ s it !

Comment

I received my new GT1 Ultimate from GearBest in the mail yesterday, and I've now tested it with this latest ROM. Unfortunately, I found a 1-byte error in the device tree for the 3GB DRAM configuration that will cause a hang after the boot logo. I've corrected the mistake and have done an in-place refresh of all the links from the last build, so now everyone should be downloading new copies with the fix.

This rolling update is only for the 3GB DRAM GT1 Ultimate configuration. All others should be unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                I received my new GT1 Ultimate from GearBest in the mail yesterday, and I've now tested it with this latest ROM. Unfortunately, I found a 1-byte error in the device tree for the 3GB DRAM configuration that will cause a hang after the boot logo. I've corrected the mistake and have done an in-place refresh of all the links from the last build, so now everyone should be downloading new copies with the fix.

This rolling update is only for the 3GB DRAM GT1 Ultimate configuration. All others should be unaffected.
                Magendanz, did you already modify the files ?
                it seems that there is not any new release.
                silent release ?
                philippe

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, a "rolling update". ;-) It's much easier for me, and it has the added benefits of scrubbing bad builds from the server and not breaking links.

I have your August Nano build, that's all that would flash at the time. Other than a factory wipe is there anything else needed to move up to your most recent version?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope, and this will hopefully be the last time you'll need to update via TWRP. The new local updater via Settings->About->System update should be a lot easier for most folks, and doesn't require a USB keyboard and mouse.

What is the best home screen launcher people are using with this? Also does the Nano version include xbox controllers thanks :-)

Comment

Just tested this rom today and this is what i've found
                  - On every boot, bluetooth enables itself
                  - Some apps say that internet is not available when connected with ethernet. Example: tunein radio
                  - Auto-switch to best resolution not working on kodi
                  - Missing passtrough options (dts, dolby) on kodi unless you mess with some sound options on android settings
                  - Mouse cursor is too small @ 4k resolution
                  The good: - Rom is super smooth. No crashes
                  - Correct brightness
                  - No bloatware installed. Perfect!

Apart from those minor issues, I'll keep using this rom. Hope to see an update soon!

Comment

Going to test it this night!
                    Last edited by gersp; 12-02-2017, 16:44.

Comment

On the Bluetooth auto-enable, I set that default so that people can auto-detect Bluetooth remotes on initial setup. It's also the default on the Nexus Player.

Comment

The only negative think I noticed is that ethernet connection goes away after waking the device from sleep.
                        so I have to reboot the GT1 everytime I use it.
                        a workaround could be to turn the box completly off after pushing the red button once on the remote.

thanks dev for the rom!

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just tested Ethernet after waking from sleep and didn't see a problem, but you can set that option in Settings->Powerkey Definition.

Been using it for 2 weeks now and it works wonderful only problem was that i couldnt turn off my reciver when i hade CEC enabled so i turned it of.
                        Otherwise everything is running smooth execepts for some Kodi crashes but i blame that on the Kodi team or because i have alla movie/tv info on SQL server on my windows 16 server.

Keep up the good work.
                        [img=http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img537/6746/zABbhG.jpg]

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks! There's a tweak to Amlogic codec permissions that I'll roll into the next release. It might help with the Kodi crashes.
                      Working...
                      X