X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.X View Post

This is getting slightly confusing ??

HW 1 = LQ (my boxes) came with V 03/06/09xx FW

Then I saw mention of new LB boxes (V02xx) and now LS is being mentioned ???

Someone needs to do a compatibility chart ...

Please post exactly what works / doesn't

From clarkss12
    LQ (OEM:V03/06/09xx)
    + V02xx ~ BT=YES, WIFI=?, MS-PR=YES
    Yes, this is getting TOTALLY confusing........

I just installed this >> M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.IMG << of my "L" boxes with model ending in ** LQ ** (according to MR. Magendanz, the "Q" stands for Qualcomm WiFi module. Since this firmware dated April 17, it must be meant for the newer boxes with a different WiFi module. Everything seems to work, EXCEPT WiFi, as expected. Bluetooth however does work, along with the Ethernet adapter.

The only thing different that I see off hand, is that they support a couple mores services.

Microsoft Playready DRM is now supported

CENC ClearKey is also supported. However, I have not idea what apps need or use these two additional services.....

One thing I did notice, I can no longer install HBOGo, like I could on the prior firmware using the "TV Apps Repo".
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I just upgraded to the latest stock rom from the original lq stick that came with the device upon initial release .

I didn't have any issues with the remote. It's the old type and I have a wireless aurmouse also connected.

Had some issues getting voice search to work correctly within apps but solved that by changing default search after installing Google search.

Onscreen keyboard doesn't work well though so playing around with gboard vs lean keyboard or trying to install others.

Haven't checked wifi though

Comment

From clarkss12
        LQ (OEM:V03/06/09xx)
        + V02xx ~ BT=YES, WIFI=NO, MS-PR=YES, CENC=YES

Strange ! TV App Repo just makes a Leanback Shortcut for the previously sideloaded non-ATV/Leanback app ?

Comment

This is just standard Chinese HW revisions - put out a good high quality product, collect good reviews, then do a HW rev with cheaper alternate components once you run out of inventory.

It's really unfortunate that they're fragmenting the little bit of community this device has garnered, and that they couldn't limit the skimping to components that don't affect firmware and software.

But where else were they going to skimp, it's not like they could include a cheaper heatsink if they tried.

Anyone have more details on the LS rev?

Comment

My box no longer goes to sleep...it used to do so automatically by default. I don't think I changed any settings.

Not sure if good thing or bad - I certainly didn't like how most of the time ethernet didn't work after waking.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
              From clarkss12 LQ (OEM:V03/06/09xx)
              + V02xx ~ BT=YES, WIFI=NO, MS-PR=YES, CENC=YES

Strange ! TV App Repo just makes a Leanback Shortcut for the previously sideloaded non-ATV/Leanback app ?

No, one version of TV App Repo has a few apps listed that it downloads.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

No, one version of TV App Repo has a few apps listed that it downloads.
                Ah, I haven't used the other version for ages as it had only a few apps.

Thanks

Comment

I was wondering why I couldn't understand all this new-to-me stuff about HW changes ??
                  Seems I fell off the list for notifications from the Magendanz Pro L Android TV Rom thread ... Lots of reading to catch up !

Videostrong adding potentially good DRM stuff but messing up the radio/network support and ??? what else ?

Hope Magendanz can sort it all out ...

Comment

Bluetooth does not seem to be working for me. I have an LS box and am running the latest stock ROM.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Trying to 'add accessory' from settings results in searching for Bluetooth devices screen, but it doesn't see a Bluetooth keyboard or my phone, and vice versa.

WiFi works, and the voice remote is paired as well.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by jebivetar View Post
                      Bluetooth does not seem to be working for me. I have an LS box and am running the latest stock ROM.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Trying to 'add accessory' from settings results in searching for Bluetooth devices screen, but it doesn't see a Bluetooth keyboard or my phone, and vice versa.

WiFi works, and the voice remote is paired as well.

Any suggestions?
                      Are you going thru settings, then ** more ** settings then Bluetooth settings???

Comment

Are you going thru settings, then ** more ** settings then Bluetooth settings???
                        That's the same call. No devices found.

Comment

It should look like this. My Bluetooth keyboard, cell phone and Bluetooth remote paired easily. Your Bluetooth Voice Remote should show up on here at least since you said it was paired.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0506181925a_HDR.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	724331

Comment

It should look like this. My Bluetooth keyboard, cell phone and Bluetooth remote paired easily. Your Bluetooth Voice Remote should show up on here at least since you said it was paired.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0506181925a_HDR.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	724331
                            Yes, only my remote shows up.

I have an airmouse connected as well, but it's connected via dongle so it's not on the list

Is that an LB box?

Comment

I have an airmouse connected as well, but it's connected via dongle so it's not on the list

Is that an LB box?
                              LQ box running this ( M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.IMG) firmware, but all of my "L" boxes, the Bluetooth works well, no matter what firmware I am using.

Comment

Is that an LB box?
                                What other Bluetooth devices do you have near your box??? Cell phone, mouse, keyboards or other Media players that have Bluetooth?? How about an AVR if you have one??

Comment

Working...
                                X