No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but now some the apps are gone that came with the mecool, how do i replace those

Comment

Originally posted by ATTOPLEX View Post
      yes but now some the apps are gone that came with the mecool, how do i replace those
      they wouldn't of been part of the nexus rom so i'm a bit confused. what apps?

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

they wouldn't of been part of the nexus rom so i'm a bit confused. what apps?
        I have sent you pm

Comment

system/etc/public.libraries.txt

add this
          Code:
          libamcodec.so
          and amcodec should work

Done file here public.libraries.txt
          Thanks

I'll try to do that ........

Comment

system/etc/public.libraries.txt

add this
            Code:
            libamcodec.so
            and amcodec should work

Done file here public.libraries.txt
            Edited file as suggested and I think it is working now. Can re-enable Amcodec - Still have to disable MediaCodec(Surface) for HEVC playback.

Thanks for the info (Used Solid Explorer to edit file)

Comment

have a question about sound output.
              can i use the cvbs output ..at the back of the box with logitech computer speakers .( am at a loss to find out which type of plug goes in there... or is it a proper toslink type socket
              thanks

Comment

Don't think you can as port is activated only when selected..(not tried)
                But if you have a cable wont hurt to try, normally they look like this but the length of barrel may vary 14~17mm +/-

Click image for larger version

Name:	CO353R02_comsol_comsol_3_5mm_to_3_x_rca_cbl_2m_black.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	712119
                Just depends how they configured their socket th left/right and Video
                Attached Files
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello, I would really need some help.
                  I have the M8S Pro L 32GB, 3GB, updated it to the latest official version with the .img image with the update option, by selecting a zip.
                  I wanted to flash Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) in the same way, the .img was along with a zipped img on the stick, I got after using the "update" app to a bootloader where none of the files was accepted. I powered the box off, now there's no way to start it or to flash anything.
                  I created several microSD's with img, zip firmware versions on the root, with cards made with burn card maker, tried to reset with the pins...no bootloader/update action is displayed.
                  I get a green/orange/purple screen when I'm using a SD made with BurnCardMaker or no signal/black screen when I'm using cards with .img/.zip on the root of the card.
                  Did I broke it?
                  Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

Not to worry, it is not broken. Best to use the Amlogic USB burning tool. You will need a male to male USB cable and a Windows computer. You will have to open your box (really easy) and jumper the two "holes" where the reset button is supposed to be on the board. Here is a link showing which "holes" to jumper, post 183, the narrow two holes. Also, make sure you use the OTG port on your box.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello, thank you!

I tried with a microusb to USB by using a Windows tablet, the reset pins were connected by a wire, powered the box, in the USB burning tool no device was showed, in Window's Device Manager no new device is recognised.

Should the male to male USB cable have a specific pin layout?
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

When i flashed my box i used this steps:
                        connect male to male usb from pc to otg usb port on pro l (that port is furtherest from sd card) connect power to the box and in same time on remote start pressing menu button now box will start in flesh mode

Comment

Originally posted by ccris View Post
                          Hello, thank you!

I tried with a microusb to USB by using a Windows tablet, the reset pins were connected by a wire, powered the box, in the USB burning tool no device was showed, in Window's Device Manager no new device is recognised.

Should the male to male USB cable have a specific pin layout?
                          From the picture, it looks like you have everything connected correctly. If that does not work, try to find a POWERED USB hub and connect your box to that hub, using a male to male USB cord, and do NOT plug in the power.

Also, with your current setup, try a different USB cord, some cords are charging cables only. You have to have a cable that charges and also has data transfer abilities.......
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Can you confirm if Netflix HD works well with this box?

Comment

works okay for me

Comment

Which App of Netflix HD do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X