• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmmm I think it's time to buy a new TV box

Comment

Originally posted by rimasi98 View Post

All 4??
      Red <-> Any Black (take your pick, all 3 are same)

Comment

check out this method.. instead of pressing reset button short the pins

Comment

Originally posted by drmhussein85 View Post
          check out this method.. instead of pressing reset button short the pins
          https://youtu.be/ZPtmwwEpB3g
          Where are the factory_update_param.aml, factory_update_param.ubt, and u-boot.bin files... I had considered that but i didn't find these files, Mecool M8S PRO L only got .img file

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Red <-> Any Black (take your pick, all 3 are same)
            Done with all 3 alternatively and same result

Comment

Done with all 3 alternatively and same result
              All 3 are -ve so no different.

Does it stop at 2% when you use USB and load IMG and press Start before shorting (keep shorted) while connecting USB ?

If you select
              Erase Flash > Force Erase All
              it may help but you will lose Level 1 Widevine !!!

Maybe PM Magendanz to see if he has any idea - He is the expert.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

All 3 are -ve so no different.

Does it stop at 2% when you use USB and load IMG and press Start before shorting (keep shorted) while connecting USB ?

If you select
                Erase Flash > Force Erase All
                it may help but you will lose Level 1 Widevine !!!

Maybe PM Magendanz to see if he has any idea - He is the expert.

i prepare the program before doing the short and turn the box on.

I tried FORCE ERASE ALL but no success still the same error.

Yeah i've pm Guest for help, still waiting a response. Hope i can get out of this because would help others to.

Thank you for you help

Comment

Good luck.
                  Hope you get a result .....

Comment

Here's what works for me:

- Open case to expose the PCB
                    - Load "known good" burn package (.img file) into latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool.
                    - Click Start with app default settings
                    - Short the PCB pads for the reset switch
                    - Connect male-to-male Type A USB cable to USB OTG port (and nothing else!)

If at this point the flash begins, you can release the reset switch. Your bootloader was fine and you don't need to reset using Mask ROM mode. Shorting pins should be considered only as a last resort when you know your bootloader is corrupted.

If not...

- Ensure USB cable is still connected (and nothing else!)
                    - Short the pins shown in this image: http://freaktab.com/node/685682

When you hold them for a second or two, you should hear the WorldCup driver recognize the device in Mask ROM mode and the flash should automatically proceed.

Comment

Where are the factory_update_param.aml, factory_update_param.ubt, and u-boot.bin files... I had considered that but i didn't find these files, Mecool M8S PRO L only got .img file

check this thread

they said that you can get those file from amlogic custom tool.
                      am not familiar with this tool

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those files are packed within the Amlogic burn package (.img file). If you open it in the Amlogic Customization Tool, they'll be in the /level1 subdirectory.

Guest thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                        Here's what works for me:

- Open case to expose the PCB
                        - Load "known good" burn package (.img file) into latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool.
                        - Click Start with app default settings
                        - Short the PCB pads for the reset switch
                        - Connect male-to-male Type A USB cable to USB OTG port (and nothing else!)

If at this point the flash begins, you can release the reset switch. Your bootloader was fine and you don't need to reset using Mask ROM mode. Shorting pins should be considered only as a last resort when you know your bootloader is corrupted.

If not...

- Ensure USB cable is still connected (and nothing else!)
                        - Short the pins shown in this image: http://freaktab.com/node/685682

When you hold them for a second or two, you should hear the WorldCup driver recognize the device in Mask ROM mode and the flash should automatically proceed.
                        Please Guest make a video Tutorial.. I tried to short out the PBC pins and at first it was recognising something but unkwnown and now is not showing anything and keeps showing the worldcup drivers... If i uninstall it it appears GX-Ship but USB don't recognises the box... I dont know whatelse to do.. this is impossible.

Please make a video tutorial with the short pin and program procedure because i can't believe i'm doing this wrong, i'm following everything you said.

And please tell me where are the files to put in the SD card when we unpack with Amlogic costumization tool... They are not at level 1 on C:/Amlogic/Custumization tool/tmp directory because only the UBOOT is there and some files with diferent names than i need.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry, I just don't have time. I'm under a lot of pressure right now to drop all custom ROM development entirely.

I might just send it back then. Thanks anyway for all who have helped. Apreceate that.

Comment

I dont see how you will be able to send bricked device back when you voided warranty by opening box and installing custom firmware in the first place and give mony back

Comment

apart from this reset issue.. I can confirm that xposed works pretty fine with this device.. using material design xposed by dvd and xposed.zip for arm.. not arm64, which is weird because I thought this is arm64 device.

of course I don't recommend to install it unless you you are very familiar with xposed and its modules as it may result in serious system issues.
                            Last edited by drmhussein85; 01-24-2018, 12:31.

Comment

Working...
                            X