No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​Ok, I received myMECOOL M8S PRO L and installed LibreELEC on the nand. watched a few shows and ran fine, only question i have is it seemed to run hot and from i have seen online this is a known issue. will this cause any play back issue, think i saw it up to 160 Fahrenheit? what is the highest safest temp this can run at?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
      ​Ok, I received myMECOOL M8S PRO L and installed LibreELEC on the nand. watched a few shows and ran fine, only question i have is it seemed to run hot and from i have seen online this is a known issue. will this cause any play back issue, think i saw it up to 160 Fahrenheit? what is the highest safest temp this can run at?

Thank you!
      80°C
      176°F
      From what I read.

Overheating Thread, see - Here and Page1

Simply lifting the lid and placing vertically helps quite a bit see graph page1
      Last edited by P.X; 01-17-2018, 12:25.

Comment

OK, i will give this a shot when i get home from work.

Thank you

Comment

​Should I use a 32GB UH1 Samsung evo SD card or a 64GB UH3 Samsung evo plus one on the M8S Pro L to run LibreElec from?

Or should I just plain install it on the emmc?

Which one would you say is gonna give me more responsiveness?

Comment

Im running libreelec on one generic class 4 sd and its working just fine so i think that any of this two will work

Comment

Does anyone know if we can read BDMV (iso bluray 3D) with Mecool M8S Pro L ? Or do you know of another box that has both Widevine L1 DRMs and the ability to read BDMV?

Comment

I just got the box and am dissapointed by 1 thing. I also got a Minix A2 Lite remote but pressing the IR on/off button never works for some.

I need a way to switch the box on and off without removing and replugging the power cable. How can I do that?

Comment

With original remote power button works but you need to change power setting in android to enable poweroff insted of sleep

Comment

Originally posted by drmhussein85 View Post

I think no reset button..

if you are in bootloop try pin shorting method
                    I brick my Pro L so what i'm supposed to do??

I use this to pin shorting my box and it didn't work ( http://prntscr.com/i35jvx) ... USB_Burning_Tool is still give me and error at 7% : "UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result'

It only turns on the blue led of the box.

There's no info whatsoever about unbricking the PRO L box and it's fustrating trying to get this booting up!

Comment

Originally posted by rimasi98 View Post

I brick my Pro L so what i'm supposed to do??

I use this to pin shorting my box and it didn't work ( http://prntscr.com/i35jvx) ... USB_Burning_Tool is still give me and error at 7% : "UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result'

It only turns on the blue led of the box.

There's no info whatsoever about unbricking the PRO L box and it's fustrating trying to get this booting up!

hi friend
                      1. put twrp.img file into sdcard
                      2. rename it to recovery.img
                      3. put any rom file into sd card
                      4. place the sd card into the tv box
                      5. press menu/recent apps button on the remote while plugging the power in the tv box, keep releasing and pressing the button until device boots into twrp
                      5. if didn't work from the first time repeat step 4 many times until you boot into twrp
                      6. install the rom using twrp

Comment

Originally posted by drmhussein85 View Post

hi friend
                        1. put twrp.img file into sdcard
                        2. rename it to recovery.img
                        3. put any rom file into sd card
                        4. place the sd card into the tv box
                        5. press menu/recent apps button on the remote while plugging the power in the tv box, keep releasing and pressing the button until device boots into twrp
                        5. if didn't work from the first time repeat step 4 many times until you boot into twrp
                        6. install the rom using twrp

A light at the end of the tunnel... Best info i've got utill now... Can be any twrp img file? Can it be the latest twrp img file from their website?

Comment

Originally posted by rimasi98 View Post

A light at the end of the tunnel... Best info i've got utill now... Can be any twrp img file? Can it be the latest twrp img file from their website?
                          the one that worked for me is
                          twrp for amlogic q20x, the others are not working
                          try to search for it.. you can find it somewhere on freaktab.. if you couldn't find I will try to upload it for you

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can just grab it from my latest M8S Pro+ custom ROM. It's in the OTA update .zip and is named "recovery.img".

Has anyone used the Minix A2 Lite with this box? I am trying to get the IR on/off button on the remote to wake up or shutdown and turn on again but I have no luck. Please dont tell me I just wasted 25euros for a useless remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaking View Post
                            Has anyone used the Minix A2 Lite with this box? I am trying to get the IR on/off button on the remote to wake up or shutdown and turn on again but I have no luck. Please dont tell me I just wasted 25euros for a useless remote.
                            Sonoff WiFi enabled smart switch, less than $5 USD. Turn your box off/on with voice or smart phone. Even set timers if needed.

https://www.itead.cc/search/result/?...OAP+Smart+Home

This show how to create a WiFi enabled extension cord using a $5 device and a spare extension cord. Any device with less than 1200 watts, can be controlled ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQV5XO1SXc&t=20s
                            Last edited by clarkss12; 01-21-2018, 15:16.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Freaking View Post
                            Hi ,

i think for this you have to mod your keylayout.file , with the right values , but i am not a

Pro in that , a "Search" here maybe helps finding correct Infos , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X