• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axe View Post
    Is there any reset button in PRO L ?
    I think no reset button..

if you are in bootloop try pin shorting method
    Last edited by drmhussein85; 01-09-2018, 09:35.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The Mask ROM mode pin shorting should be used only as a last resort. If you just need to reflash due to a bootloop, it's better to just short the reset switch pads on the PCB.

Originally posted by drmhussein85 View Post

I think no reset button..

if you are in bootloop try pin shortcut method
    I am sorry for bothering you, but can you explain me in short how to do that ''pin shortcut method'' ?

Comment

I am sorry for bothering you, but can you explain me in short how to do that ''pin shortcut method'' ?
      pin shortcut is highly dangerous procedure during which you need to open the plastic case of your device and try to randomly do shortcut of the electric circle between random pins on the processor chip of the device.. I don't recommend this way unless you are in bootloop and hopless.

​​​​​​otherwise you can install the app called reboot from play store and use it to reboot to recovery or bootloader.. that is when you are not in bootloop

Comment

Thank you for explanation. I hope so that method of shortcuting pins wont be nessecsery when my PRO L arrive in few days.

Comment

Is there any reset button in PRO L ?
          NO !

Just the pads where one might be fitted ...

Comment

Thank you for explanation. I hope so that method of shortcuting pins wont be nessecsery when my PRO L arrive in few days.
            no need for it.. unless you brick your device

Comment

I am still asking about working TWRP for the L version

Comment

You have twrp in superceleron and Magendanz rom

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
                  You have twrp in superceleron and Magendanz rom
                  I can't find the roms.. can you refer to them please.. or even try to upload twrp for me..

other thing regarding the reset button.. there is another way to go to update rom.img via remote according to another post here .. you can hold the 3 dots key in the remote while adding power.. this will boot any .img file placed in the sd card

Comment

Originally posted by drmhussein85 View Post

I can't find the roms.. can you refer to them please.. or even try to upload twrp for me..

other thing regarding the reset button.. there is another way to go to update rom.img via remote according to another post here .. you can hold the 3 dots key in the remote while adding power.. this will boot any .img file placed in the sd card
                    In this section of the forum.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...oid-tv-version

Comment

thank you sooooo much.. I have successfully flashed nano gapps varient of Magendanz rom.. and now the device is much more cooler.

now I have only one very small issue to make the device even more cooler.. I want to set live wallpaper for my device but I failed.. I tried many of live wallpaper apps on play store and unfortunately all of them didn't work for me.. anyone has a fix??

Comment

I found a fix for live wallpaper problem.. here it is if anyone is interested:
                        1. download live wallpaper picker apk from here

2. make it a system application with link2sd or similar app

3. reboot and go to your wallpaper settings choose live wallpaper and then choose your favorite live wallpaper.. N.B. if you don't have any.. go to play store and download any live wallpaper app.. one suggestion is (Earth & Moon in HD Gyro 3D Parallax Live Wallpaper).. bretty cool one
                        Last edited by drmhussein85; 01-24-2018, 12:49.

Comment

Hi,

Update on Bluetooth keyboards
                          My Riimote 2 Mode connects but fails to work !

My Rii model RT-MWK02 Bluetooth 3.0 connects and WORKS !!! Yay.

HTH

Comment

hello, noob question about this box. i just ordered 2 of these:

MECOOL M8S PRO L YouTube 4K Netflix HD Streaming 3GB/32GB Android 7.1 Amlogic S912 KODI 17.3 TV BOX 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth LAN HDMI

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECO...ck-386124.html

they are arriving on Monday, i just now saw this post and see there isn't a reset switch on this box. if my main purpose of this box is to remove Android and boot to LibreELEC am i SOL.. guess i should i found this post earlier?

after further readings now about this box i am wondering if i have made a bad choice "If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!" i want to use this box strictly for Kodi. what is the best option to do this on this box without any playback issues. do i install SPMC, Kodi or can i install LibreELEC even though i found this statement "If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!" and people saying this box runs hot.

please help with feed back it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
                            Last edited by LilSnoop40; 01-13-2018, 19:39.

Comment

Hi,
                              Started a thread on Overheating solutions/options - Please add anything you feel is relevant (or not).

Comment

Working...
                              X