No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect to device to upload firmware ?

Comment

I have the M8S PRO L, just got it and haven't been able to see anything yet. Seller wants pictures of problem instead offering a solution or my $ back.

Problem: I turn on the unit and get the MECOOL logo and then the screen goes black. I have changed HDMI cables, the ports I am using on the TV and the A/v system. I even tried another TV, this one told me that the box resolution setting was not usable. (TV 1 and associated components 4K non HDR - TV 2 1080). If is just the resolution setting TV 1 should be able to handle whatever the box is set at. With no reset on this box I guess I will need to do something with the firmware.

How do I get into recovery mode on this box? If I can see the LOGO at the start I should be able to see a recovery screen as well.

UPDATE: Now I do not even get the MECOOL logo. I can't even tell if the unit is turned on mow. The blue light is on any time the power adapter is connected and plugged in. But the TV shows no signal so maybe it isn't even powering up any longer. I think I will email GearBest again and see if I can get some support.
      Last edited by James R; 11-09-2018, 04:30.

Comment

By changing the HDMI cable , be careful because sometimes the plastic is bigger and it prevents to connect to the bottom. I cut the plastic on mine.
        Originally posted by James R
        I have the M8S PRO L, just got it and haven't been able to see anything yet. Seller wants pictures of problem instead offering a solution or my $ back.

Problem: I turn on the unit and get the MECOOL logo and then the screen goes black. I have changed HDMI cables, the ports I am using on the TV and the A/v system. I even tried another TV, this one told me that the box resolution setting was not usable. (TV 1 and associated components 4K non HDR - TV 2 1080). If is just the resolution setting TV 1 should be able to handle whatever the box is set at. With no reset on this box I guess I will need to do something with the firmware.

How do I get into recovery mode on this box? If I can see the LOGO at the start I should be able to see a recovery screen as well.

UPDATE: Now I do not even get the MECOOL logo. I can't even tell if the unit is turned on mow. The blue light is on any time the power adapter is connected and plugged in. But the TV shows no signal so maybe it isn't even powering up any longer. I think I will email GearBest again and see if I can get some support.
        Envoyé de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

what is the preferred firmware to run on this box as i am currently running the Nexus?

Thank you

Comment

What is the newest firmware for me 8s pro l asmlogic s912 ?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              There's apparently an 20180913.182655.V0213 OEM firmware release for the LB variant out there, but I haven't been able to find a link yet.

Originally posted by tomeksup View Post
            What is the newest firmware for me 8s pro l asmlogic s912 ?
            I have just been to the gearbest site, there is a firmware download there, if you have an account. https://www.gearbest.com/blog/downlo...ware-pack-3134

The file name is 2278077 Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box firmware, I have it but how can I tell what the date/version number is?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the 20180316.143701.V0213 OEM release. You can check it in META-INF/com/android/metadata.

Hello everyone,
            I search my original version (LB) 20180913.182655.V013.
            I did not make backup and I installed a rom that does not suit me.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be building an Amlogic burn package (.img file) from a TWRP backup that was sent to me, but it would be best if we can find the "official" OEM release.

Here:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Great! Where did you find it? You can send me a PM

Comment

Thank You! Merci beaucoup !

Comment

Thank you.Has anyone tried 20180913?

Comment

I got it from Gearbest support, actually I had problems with OTA so they send me this link, probably they asked the manufacturer.

Comment

So I just got this box (LB) regular remote version and the firmware is 20181018.101400.V0213
                      Only problem is that it seems to come with a non android TV Netflix version. is that the standard now? where can i get the aTV netflix apk?

Comment

There is a burn key tool to fix netflix. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...se-boxes/page4

Comment

Hi guys,

I have the Mecool M8S Pro L (LQ version) and can't figure out which OTA firmware is the latest.
                          I have the 20171216.102705.V0928.

So far no problems so I never bothered updating, but now with the netflix problem I'm guessing I'm going to have to get it as up to date as possible when the netflix fix comes out.
                          I'm pretty happy with stock firmware no mods needed.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X