This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Th3rdborn View Post
    What kind of wi-fi problems were you having. I just exchanged my NX008HD8G because I was sometimes having trouble getting the wi-fi to turn on and off. At the same time it seemed the external sdcard was not getting mounted at the same time. Whenever one wasn't working the other wouldn't either. It was annoying and I am not having any problems with the one I exchanged with. What is the build number yours shows?
    That problem is fixable by clearing system cache, had it after flashing an update. I can't remember my original build date, just had checked it before flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by gimgimp View Post
      I got it. It is definitely a newer revision. The build date is 10 days newer. There are a few additional lines in the build.prop, but nothing very exciting. There are some APK's that I must have removed before I dumped my ROM and I found stuff in mine that was updated or added by me. Overall, it looks like a better stock image than mine, however there is one thing bothering me about it... all the alsa audio support files are gone. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. I'll test it as is on my tablet and then use it to update my stock ROM download as soon as I get a chance. I've got homework due tomorrow....

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

That problem is fixable by clearing system cache, had it after flashing an update. I can't remember my original build date, just had checked it before flashing.
        Tried wiping cache, wiping data, wiping dalvik... No fix. New tablet is all groovy though so I'm not sweating it.

Comment

Finally got it to sign. My problem was the zip was too large. I split it up into smaller numbered updates and signed them. The updates flashed sucessfully! Typing from it now. Build number JRO03c.v009. Audio seems to be fine, tested a video and playback was normal.

Comment

Backup system

Finally got it to sign. My problem was the zip was too large. I split it up into smaller numbered updates and signed them. The updates flashed sucessfully! Typing from it now. Build number JRO03c.v009. Audio seems to be fine, tested a video and playback was normal.
            It is the same build that came on my tablet. I have used ES File Explorer to remove some system apps and it feels faster and very smooth. What is the best way to make a backup of system and make a flashable restore image?
            ​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
            Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

Cool. I'll installed it on my tab also and everything seems to be working ok. I'll try to update my stock ROM download by this weekend. I still want to compare the bootloader, boot and recovery partitions before I repackage it.

ShaunMT

P.S. I installed it using TWRP on my tablet...
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by stevemp View Post
                It is the same build that came on my tablet. I have used ES File Explorer to remove some system apps and it feels faster and very smooth. What is the best way to make a backup of system and make a flashable restore image?
                The best way is probably to dump the partitions and package them together as an update.zip. Lots of tutorials are available around the net, or you can just wait until I update the stock ROM download.

Alternatively, you could use a program like oNandroid to make a nandroid backup, but you can't restore a nandroid backup without a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.

I expect to release a TWRP version for our tablets soon, but I'm not yet sure if nandroid backup and restore will work with the stock UBIFS file system. It might only work for custom ROMs with EXT4 file systems.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not sure what signer you are using, but look at the commandline and where it says 1024, increase it to 2048. if 2048 is laready there increase it to 3072.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid1 View Post
                    Not sure what signer you are using, but look at the commandline and where it says 1024, increase it to 2048. if 2048 is laready there increase it to 3072.
                    Thanks Rabid1, I only have 3gig on this pc. I did try to increase it to about 2gig on the commandline. I am happy I figured out how to split it up and deploy it correctly. Many thanks to you Rabid1 and shaunmt, I have learned a lot from reading your posts. Looking foreward to seeing more. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Uncompatible apps and freezing

I am also getting Th3rdborns problem yesterday i had subway surfers and candy crush and now it says its not compatible with my device after i installed the stock rom and also when i turn on wifi the tablet freezes and restarts.

Comment

Originally posted by unseeingdog View Post
                        I am also getting Th3rdborns problem yesterday i had subway surfers and candy crush and now it says its not compatible with my device after i installed the stock rom and also when i turn on wifi the tablet freezes and restarts.
                        Someone uploaded a dump of the revised ROM from their tablet. I'll try to get it packaged and posted by the end of the week.

I think I will update my ROM descriptions too. The ROMs I currently have posted don't offer any new features. They are just for people who have installed an incompatible ROM or need to restore the stock ROM for some other reason.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

For those of you who installed my ROM in the OP for the Next8HD8G. There are definitely two or more versions of this tablet. The romdump that gimgimp provided has a newer revision date, some system folder changes and apparently some kernel/boot/recovery changes as well. I installed it on my tablet and now the WiFi doesn't work and neither the internal nor the external SD card are mountable when the tablet is fully booted.

Thankfully, I can still boot custom recovery from external SD card, but I can't seem to reflash my previous stock ROM successfully. I'm going to have to spend some more time comparing the partition images file by file to determine the differences and then upload different versions to choose from.

It would help if everyone could advise what their Model is, their manufactured date, which ROM they are currently using (Original Stock or which one they flashed), their kernel version, build number and build revision date(from build.prop). If you're using a ROM that you flashed advise what doesn't work.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

build.prop

can someone please send me a copy of your build.prop, im running through some compatibility problems here my gmail is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by unseeingdog View Post
                              can someone please send me a copy of your build.prop, im running through some compatibility problems here my gmail is [email protected]
                              Which build.prop are you looking for? Next8HD8G? Download the ROM linked to the OP, unzip it and pull the build.prop out of the system folder.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ok i did the build.prop thing but now i noticed i have the same wifi issue as you

Comment

Working...
                                X